BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Ali S.
Jersey City, NJ
I received this product in a set along with the "When Hope is not Enough" Serum and the 3-in-1 Face Wash and all 3 products were wonderful. The moisturizer did a good job of keeping my face feeling hydrated while not leaving it greasy. The only negatives about it is the smell (it smells to me like low-tide) and the packaging (I always feel that pots are not as sanitary as something with a pump).
Nancy G.
Anyone that knows me, reads my blog, or like I said - knows anything about me... understands my love for Philosophy. I've been using the hope in a jar (not to be confused with their other 'hope in a jars' - which are too thick). The original one is whipped, and always makes my skin look dewy. If I stray from this daily moisturizer, my skin doesn't look as great, and I've learned my lesson: never buy anything else, haha.
Rachel V.
Neenah, WI
I have one word to describe this: incredible.
This moisturizer is so light on the skin and yet delivers so much hydration. I'm really intrigued by the consistency, too. In the jar it's kind of whipped but it almost melts into the skin like water would right away. It also absorbs quickly so your face isn't tacky when putting on makeup over it. I only took away a star for the price. If you're a huge skin care junkie you won't mind but personally feel that cheaper moisturizers can deliver a similar result so I find myself not jumping to repurchase.
Heather T.
Germantown, OH
I know this is an expensive product but it is definitely WORTH IT. Also, keep in mind if you sign up for emails from Philosophy, you can usually try to buy it when they have a 30% off sale! This moisturizer has completely changed the texture of my face. My skin is now so much softer and brighter and I have even noticed that I haven't been breaking out as much since I have started using it.
Ashlee S.
Fairfax, IA
I have super annoying eczema prone skin and I was so fed up with it flaring up when it started to get cold I researched what to do. So many people said hope in a jar I had to try it for myself. Glad I did it SOOTHED my flares so well. I was very relieved. It kept the rest of my face so moisturized that I didn't flare up as much/nearly at all! So soothing is my biggest joy about it
Tiffany L.
Cincinnati, OH
Hope in the jar was one of my favorites from 2016! I realize that I am late to the party with Philosophy, but hope in jar has been a saving grace to my face. This moisturizer works on my combination skin and doesn't cause irritation. This product is a little on the pricey side, but I don't mind paying for perfection.

I am trying out renewed hope in a jar right now. I hope I love it too.
Samantha M.
Midland, TX
I love this moisturizer but during the summer I have a hard time getting it to absorb into my skin. In the winter, though, when my skin tends to be drier, it is perfect. It has a light smell but it does not linger, something i love about Philosophy products. It keeps my cheeks hydrated where they would normally be dry and tight, without leaving the rest of my face oily. I have been using it for almost two years and it has never caused a breakout. My skin is normal to combination, most of the time lol :)
Seyma S.
Raleigh, NC
I recently got philosophy to try and I love it! I have some wrinkles and dry skin and this worked so well. I especially love that it is not oily or greasy. It is effective in moisturizing my skin and because of that does not show the wrinkles so much. I love that it is not scented and the texture is very soft. It is a great cream that I would recommend to others!
Serena P.
I have extremely sensitive skin, as well as dry skin. It is very difficult for me to find products that do not burn when applied. I have been using Philosophy's Hope in a Jar for several years and it is amazing! It feels so refreshing cleaning my face and then putting on the cream. I have never had any reaction to it, except maybe my eyes get a little watery if it apply the cream too close to my eyes. I will say the product is pricey but so worth it. I will never use another face cream ever again.
Shannon G.
I used to use the hope in a tube for those that are oily but recently took the plunge for this product. I love it! I couldn't live without it, honestly. It doesn't make my face more oily, in fact it corrects the dry spots that I'm prone to after I've had a breakout. It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way! It is gentle in and around the eyes as well. The only thing I can say is that my husband (not me) does not prefer the scent. I find it to be faint and unobtrusive though.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?