BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Serena P.
I have extremely sensitive skin, as well as dry skin. It is very difficult for me to find products that do not burn when applied. I have been using Philosophy's Hope in a Jar for several years and it is amazing! It feels so refreshing cleaning my face and then putting on the cream. I have never had any reaction to it, except maybe my eyes get a little watery if it apply the cream too close to my eyes. I will say the product is pricey but so worth it. I will never use another face cream ever again.
Seyma S.
Raleigh, NC
I recently got philosophy to try and I love it! I have some wrinkles and dry skin and this worked so well. I especially love that it is not oily or greasy. It is effective in moisturizing my skin and because of that does not show the wrinkles so much. I love that it is not scented and the texture is very soft. It is a great cream that I would recommend to others!
Shannon G.
I used to use the hope in a tube for those that are oily but recently took the plunge for this product. I love it! I couldn't live without it, honestly. It doesn't make my face more oily, in fact it corrects the dry spots that I'm prone to after I've had a breakout. It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way! It is gentle in and around the eyes as well. The only thing I can say is that my husband (not me) does not prefer the scent. I find it to be faint and unobtrusive though.
Sophie S.
Philadelphia, Pa
My first philosophy product, and the one product I could not live without. Hope in a Jar is the best facial cream I have come across. While I am not entirely pleased with their new version Hope in a Jar Night, the original formula is amazing. The creme is extremely light and aborbs into the skin almost immediately (you do not need a lot, trust me). My face looks and feels moist and clean. Hope in a jar is great to wear on its own (will not leave your face shiny) or acts as a great barrier between skin and maybe. Your face will not thank you enough for the investment!
Norma P.
Batesville, AR
This product is very light and airy but maybe too much so. I found it was harsh if you get it anywhere near your eyes. Gentle to skin, though. Avoid eye area at all cost! Great container and nice sizes available. I would recommend this product for someone not addressing any specific skin issues, just a good everyday product that will improve skin over time.
Renee A.
I was super curious about all the hype. I finally decided to give it a try. Positives: It really does moisturize amazingly well. The product is like a whipped consistency. It goes on smoothly. A little bit of product goes a long way. Negatives: The price is high. The only other thing I wasn't a fan of was the smell. It has a weird smell. I can best describe it as a wet dog. Not even kidding you. If you can get over the smell, you'll be fine. The moisture retention on your skin is great.
Jessica F.
Deltona
This product did not do anything for me, I absolutely hated the smell and did not leave my skin moisturized as much as I would have liked. I would not purchase this again.
Aminata C.
Woodbridge, VA
I have went from using so many different products for my face to simply just sticking with philosophy products. My mom introduced me to this moisturizer and it's the best thing ever. When u apply u can feel your face get supple and not dry. Before it seemed like when I used other products I didn't feel a difference in my skin but not with this line.
Tara G.
St Clr Shores, MI
Not the most moisturizing, but I love it for under my makeup because it adds a layer of moisture without becoming too oily so that my makeup slides off. I thought this would be slimier, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was not! I would like something that feels more hydrating to the skin, but this works for under makeup fairly well.
Erin O.
If you're looking for a reliable moisturizer, this is it. It spreads easily and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and plump, and doesn't leave an oily residue on skin. The only downfall -- and this is only applies during the winter months when my skin is super dry -- is that I have to really work the moisturizer into my skin, which can sometimes become a bit of a process. But overall, this is a wonderful product that will be a part of my skincare routine for a long time.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?