BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Rachel V.
Neenah, WI
I have one word to describe this: incredible.
This moisturizer is so light on the skin and yet delivers so much hydration. I'm really intrigued by the consistency, too. In the jar it's kind of whipped but it almost melts into the skin like water would right away. It also absorbs quickly so your face isn't tacky when putting on makeup over it. I only took away a star for the price. If you're a huge skin care junkie you won't mind but personally feel that cheaper moisturizers can deliver a similar result so I find myself not jumping to repurchase.
Tina L.
I think this product is so beautiful!! Mostly the name, I love it! I have a deluxe sample of the jar and it's the cutest thing ever! I think it's an alright product, it's not game or life changing but I think it does its purpose!
Nancy G.
Anyone that knows me, reads my blog, or like I said - knows anything about me... understands my love for Philosophy. I've been using the hope in a jar (not to be confused with their other 'hope in a jars' - which are too thick). The original one is whipped, and always makes my skin look dewy. If I stray from this daily moisturizer, my skin doesn't look as great, and I've learned my lesson: never buy anything else, haha.
Lauren H.
It's hard for me to find a moisturizer that doesn't break me out, so I was a little leary when I tried this. To my suprise my face has not had any problems, only benefits! My face is so much softer and hydrated. I have only been using it for a week but I am enjoying the benefits so far! I hope that it continues to work for me. Thanks Philosophy for making a product that agrees with my skin!!.
Kristy W.
I have tried many different moisturizers, and this is by far my favorite. The formula is creamy and a little goes a long way, so the product lasts for a long time. It does not irritate my sensitive skin or leave behind a greasy residue. After using this product for over a month, I saw improvements in how healthy my skin felt. The only downside is that it is a bit more expensive than I would prefer to spend on a daily moisturizer.
Ali S.
Jersey City, NJ
I received this product in a set along with the "When Hope is not Enough" Serum and the 3-in-1 Face Wash and all 3 products were wonderful. The moisturizer did a good job of keeping my face feeling hydrated while not leaving it greasy. The only negatives about it is the smell (it smells to me like low-tide) and the packaging (I always feel that pots are not as sanitary as something with a pump).
Heather T.
Germantown, OH
I know this is an expensive product but it is definitely WORTH IT. Also, keep in mind if you sign up for emails from Philosophy, you can usually try to buy it when they have a 30% off sale! This moisturizer has completely changed the texture of my face. My skin is now so much softer and brighter and I have even noticed that I haven't been breaking out as much since I have started using it.
Ashlee S.
Fairfax, IA
I have super annoying eczema prone skin and I was so fed up with it flaring up when it started to get cold I researched what to do. So many people said hope in a jar I had to try it for myself. Glad I did it SOOTHED my flares so well. I was very relieved. It kept the rest of my face so moisturized that I didn't flare up as much/nearly at all! So soothing is my biggest joy about it
Tiffany L.
Cincinnati, OH
Hope in the jar was one of my favorites from 2016! I realize that I am late to the party with Philosophy, but hope in jar has been a saving grace to my face. This moisturizer works on my combination skin and doesn't cause irritation. This product is a little on the pricey side, but I don't mind paying for perfection.

I am trying out renewed hope in a jar right now. I hope I love it too.
Serena P.
I have extremely sensitive skin, as well as dry skin. It is very difficult for me to find products that do not burn when applied. I have been using Philosophy's Hope in a Jar for several years and it is amazing! It feels so refreshing cleaning my face and then putting on the cream. I have never had any reaction to it, except maybe my eyes get a little watery if it apply the cream too close to my eyes. I will say the product is pricey but so worth it. I will never use another face cream ever again.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?