BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Jessica D.
Pittsburgh, PA
I have sensitive, combination/oily skin. This moisturizer is decent but it takes forever to absorb into my skin. I personally do not like using it in the morning because it leaves a slight sheen on my face and I noticed I needed to blot and touch up my powder earlier when using it. I am also not thrilled with the jar and would prefer if Philosophy put this in a tube (for sanitary reasons). It does, however, feel excellent on my skin and neck, did not irritate my skin, and did moisturize. I just use it as a night time moisturizer, but I won't repurchase it when it runs out.
Ada M.
I love Philosophy! When I tried this I had high expectations and they were met. Smooth, lightweight and smells delish! I have combination of oily and dry skin and when applied, I felt like it did its job with both areas!
Heather M.
Fairborn, OH
This is awesome stuff, what I call an instant gratification product. After using for a week people started telling me how wonderful my skin looked and asking what I was doing. Yes, the smell is a odd at first, but it is not at all chemically as someone else stated it is lavender. I also do not find it greasy at all, but there is a variety made for oily skin if it does for you. I think the smell might be different or lighter with that one because I have tried it just because. After time I began to not mind that initial scent at all and when I use something else I miss it!
KimLann D.
I just discovered this brand and this particular product last week at Sephora. It's a bit pricey, but I absolutely see and feel a difference of my skin since using it. I swim every day in a public pool, so my skin has been badly damaged from the hours spent in chlorine. I've been using this every night on my face and has gotten great benefits so far. My face feels moisturized, sot and smooth. I bought the traveling size to try first, but I would be purchasing the full sized bottle on my next Sephora trip! Definitely recommend Hope In a Jar for anyone who needs a moisturizer.
Tatiana R.
Longwood, FL
I love the for my skin the help my skin so much, i have combination skin and since I been using this at night this help with my dry patches and I don't get oily in my other part of my face
Jackie B.
When I first opened this product I noticed it was separated and took it back and returned it. The second one I got was the same so I figured that's how it is. So I mixed it back up and now I wish I would've just returned it. It's soo liquidy and oily and the smell is just horrible. It doesn't smell natural or clean it smells like my grandma's house. But it does soak into my skin so I may just have to work through it.
Jade B.
Raymond, WA
Ever found a product so awesome you actually find yourself being sad you didn't happen upon it sooner? This is that product for me. I think back on all the moisturizers that didn't do their job and left me either parched or looking like an oil slick but still thirsty. I feel like that about my whole philosophy skincare regimen, but hope in a jar is the real MVP. I actually look forward to putting it on because it feels so good. My makeup looks better, my life is easier. It is literally hope in a jar. Will buy over and over, and recommend to anyone who asks.
Nancy G.
Anyone that knows me, reads my blog, or like I said - knows anything about me... understands my love for Philosophy. I've been using the hope in a jar (not to be confused with their other 'hope in a jars' - which are too thick). The original one is whipped, and always makes my skin look dewy. If I stray from this daily moisturizer, my skin doesn't look as great, and I've learned my lesson: never buy anything else, haha.
Tina L.
I think this product is so beautiful!! Mostly the name, I love it! I have a deluxe sample of the jar and it's the cutest thing ever! I think it's an alright product, it's not game or life changing but I think it does its purpose!
Rachel V.
Neenah, WI
I have one word to describe this: incredible.
This moisturizer is so light on the skin and yet delivers so much hydration. I'm really intrigued by the consistency, too. In the jar it's kind of whipped but it almost melts into the skin like water would right away. It also absorbs quickly so your face isn't tacky when putting on makeup over it. I only took away a star for the price. If you're a huge skin care junkie you won't mind but personally feel that cheaper moisturizers can deliver a similar result so I find myself not jumping to repurchase.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?