BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Kelly B.
Have used this cream for years and it is awesome. Melts right in to skin and is very gentle. Used even with harsh acne treatments as a teen and moisturized without clogging pores
Suzette G.
I remember when I bought this product; the sales associate said it was like "a drink of water for my face." I rolled my eyes and took it home and used it...She was RIGHT. I can't describe how moisturizing this cream is but it really feels like I'm putting a thick water on my face. The smell isn't that great but not foul, and the thick consistency does not require much product to cover my face and decolletage. I use this moisturizer in the am after cleansing my face and also in the evening and it's just a great cream to keep dry skin supple and soft. I had my husband try some and he used my whole jar!! He has always dealt with acneic skin and after using it for about a month his skin is looking clear! It's definitely safe for men as it has a neutral smell (not too feminine) and is safe for all skin types. Highly recommend trying it at least once if you need moisture!
Gigi A.
I hate to give this product one star because some of my holy grail skin care products are created by Philosophy (purity face wash and the face mask, miracle worker eye cream, and the pore remover mask) I bought this moisturizer at a Philosophy counter in Belk. This product is absolutely disgusting!!! The smell is SO HORRIBLE. It smells like straight up chemicals!!! The very FIRST time I used it my skin was very upset with me. The smell was SO freaking bad my eyes would not stop watering until the product fully sunk into my skin which was more than 30 minutes later. It left my face very greasy, which I already have oily skin, and it was not very moisturizing. It has a very sticky texture, but god the smell is so bad. Very disappointed with this product ):
Stephanie Y.
The very first time I used this product it was like a miracle worker! It made my skin look radiant and felt moisturized, even my coworkers noticed it! But after purchasing the 3rd or 4th jar I decided to try smth else and come back to it if I feel like my skin needs it. After a while I decide to go back to this moisturizer but the formula was completely different! I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or something but it stinked so bad and the consistency of it wasn't the same as how I remembered it to be. I just wish that they didn't change the formula.
Ashley G.
Lancaster, PA
I think this is a great moisturizer (especially for normal skin), however put up against a drug store cream, I think they're pretty equal. I used the hope in a jar for years thinking it was better because of the price tag. I was wrong. there are definitely things at the drug store that are amazing and provide you with varying ranges of hydration. If you have the money to spend on a more expensive product and need LIGHT hydration, hope in a jar is great. If you'd rather save some money and don't mind drug store products, go with a cetaphil or cerave.
I dont think this is for anyone that needs even the slightest bit of extra hydration. Very suitable for those with normal skin though.
Kiernan M.
Toronto, OH
I got a sample of this product first and that started my love affair with this product!! I have fine lines and wrinkles like anyone gets over time but this cream helps plump my skin so it fills in all those fine lines and wrinkles. I have tried a lot of other philosophy products but this was my first skin care product and it is amazing just like all their shower/bath products!! This Is a product I HIGHLY recommend!! I can't speak it's praises enough!! I have given friends little samples out of my tub and now I have them addicted as well!! Such an amazing pure great fantastic product!! 10 out of 10 would recommend!!
Christie F.
Fort Collins, CO
I used this moisturizer for over a decade, and honestly, I loved it.  It was the first product that got me interested and caring about my skincare regimen.  It was never too heavy or too fragranced.  It's a great product, especially under makeup!  Unfortunately, the price started to creep up over the years (as these things do).  Around the time I turned 30 I started noticing some fine lines developing at my forehead and I decided to switch to a new product that had more anti-aging properties (for the same price), but I would still recommend this product to anyone with younger skin, or sensitive skin.
Francine V.
San Diego, CA
I don't understand why this product gets so much hate, I personally really like it and love the herbal scent, I think is very fresh and makes me feel like I'm in a rosemary field or something. I also really like the consistency, it feels light and airy but still very moisturizing, it doesn't irritate my skin, it just feels nice and moussey.
I understand that if you're sensitive to fragrance this might not be for you, but I think it's a nice solid product.
Char E.
Pasadena, MD
This moisturizer works really well for me. I have very, very dry skin and it was basically ruining the way my makeup stayed on my face. I started using this every night, really you only need to use a little because it is fairly thick and covers easily with a small amount. My face has improved dramatically. It's not the best one i've EVER used, but having it right now I have no reason to stop using it
Eva K.
I think this a great product, but it isn't one of my favorites. There is nothing wrong with it per se - it just doesn't give me the same results as other products. It moisturizes well and has a lovely consistency (not too thick or too thin). It absorbs into the skin nicely, leaves skin plump and happy, and is actually quite refreshing. I don't like the jar packaging though and never really reach for this one. Maybe it is because I have too many products (skincare junkie over here!), but I just can't bring myself to love it.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?