BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Milanie L.
This is my new go-to for moisturizer! I went by Ulta to try and look for new items to purchase that may be of help for me. I have tried so many different moisturizer since I have terrible case of dry skin. I decided to purchase this small .5oz to try and I am in love with it! To me, it is a light and thin cream with no scent. I have sensitive skin and it has felt nothing but amazing! I love washing my face and applying a thin layer on and go about my day. The only downfall is that there is no SPF but when I apply foundation it is not a big deal since my foundation has SPF. Definitely worth trying if you need a great moisturizer!
Fallon G.
Oviedo, FL
I am not sure why anyone thinks this lotion smells bad; I don't believe it has any perfume to it so it is just the light, natural smell of the ingredients, maybe a bit herbal I'd say. This lotion is very light and, though it feels nice and thick initially, it melts smoothly into skin. It does not leave a greasy feeling behind, so for me, I think it absorbs well. I am prone to break outs, but this has not caused any irritation so I would say it is good for sensitive skin. I'm currently using this lotion in combination with philosophy's purity face wash and my skin couldn't be softer.
Ada M.
I love Philosophy! When I tried this I had high expectations and they were met. Smooth, lightweight and smells delish! I have combination of oily and dry skin and when applied, I felt like it did its job with both areas!
Heather M.
Fairborn, OH
This is awesome stuff, what I call an instant gratification product. After using for a week people started telling me how wonderful my skin looked and asking what I was doing. Yes, the smell is a odd at first, but it is not at all chemically as someone else stated it is lavender. I also do not find it greasy at all, but there is a variety made for oily skin if it does for you. I think the smell might be different or lighter with that one because I have tried it just because. After time I began to not mind that initial scent at all and when I use something else I miss it!
Gigi P.
Gahanna, OH
I have dry skin and this definitely has improved my skin, another completely AMAZING thing I have noticed is that if I know I'm breaking out or feel a huge zit/pimple under my skin coming in, and use this before bed the pimple DISAPPEARS! Yes! It makes zits vanish! I wouldn't use this under makeup because it definitely will make your foundation ball up (been there, done that) but it's such an amazing night time moisturizer!
Jessica D.
Pittsburgh, PA
I have sensitive, combination/oily skin. This moisturizer is decent but it takes forever to absorb into my skin. I personally do not like using it in the morning because it leaves a slight sheen on my face and I noticed I needed to blot and touch up my powder earlier when using it. I am also not thrilled with the jar and would prefer if Philosophy put this in a tube (for sanitary reasons). It does, however, feel excellent on my skin and neck, did not irritate my skin, and did moisturize. I just use it as a night time moisturizer, but I won't repurchase it when it runs out.
Tatiana R.
Longwood, FL
I love the for my skin the help my skin so much, i have combination skin and since I been using this at night this help with my dry patches and I don't get oily in my other part of my face
KimMy O.
I just discovered this brand and this particular product last week at Sephora. It's a bit pricey, but I absolutely see and feel a difference of my skin since using it. I swim every day in a public pool, so my skin has been badly damaged from the hours spent in chlorine. I've been using this every night on my face and has gotten great benefits so far. My face feels moisturized, sot and smooth. I bought the traveling size to try first, but I would be purchasing the full sized bottle on my next Sephora trip! Definitely recommend Hope In a Jar for anyone who needs a moisturizer.
Jade B.
Raymond , WA
Ever found a product so awesome you actually find yourself being sad you didn't happen upon it sooner? This is that product for me. I think back on all the moisturizers that didn't do their job and left me either parched or looking like an oil slick but still thirsty. I feel like that about my whole philosophy skincare regimen, but hope in a jar is the real MVP. I actually look forward to putting it on because it feels so good. My makeup looks better, my life is easier. It is literally hope in a jar. Will buy over and over, and recommend to anyone who asks.
Jackie B.
When I first opened this product I noticed it was separated and took it back and returned it. The second one I got was the same so I figured that's how it is. So I mixed it back up and now I wish I would've just returned it. It's soo liquidy and oily and the smell is just horrible. It doesn't smell natural or clean it smells like my grandma's house. But it does soak into my skin so I may just have to work through it.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?