BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Jackie B.
When I first opened this product I noticed it was separated and took it back and returned it. The second one I got was the same so I figured that's how it is. So I mixed it back up and now I wish I would've just returned it. It's soo liquidy and oily and the smell is just horrible. It doesn't smell natural or clean it smells like my grandma's house. But it does soak into my skin so I may just have to work through it.
Jade B.
Raymond , WA
Ever found a product so awesome you actually find yourself being sad you didn't happen upon it sooner? This is that product for me. I think back on all the moisturizers that didn't do their job and left me either parched or looking like an oil slick but still thirsty. I feel like that about my whole philosophy skincare regimen, but hope in a jar is the real MVP. I actually look forward to putting it on because it feels so good. My makeup looks better, my life is easier. It is literally hope in a jar. Will buy over and over, and recommend to anyone who asks.
Kristy W.
I have tried many different moisturizers, and this is by far my favorite. The formula is creamy and a little goes a long way, so the product lasts for a long time. It does not irritate my sensitive skin or leave behind a greasy residue. After using this product for over a month, I saw improvements in how healthy my skin felt. The only downside is that it is a bit more expensive than I would prefer to spend on a daily moisturizer.
Tina L.
I think this product is so beautiful!! Mostly the name, I love it! I have a deluxe sample of the jar and it's the cutest thing ever! I think it's an alright product, it's not game or life changing but I think it does its purpose!
Lauren H.
It's hard for me to find a moisturizer that doesn't break me out, so I was a little leary when I tried this. To my suprise my face has not had any problems, only benefits! My face is so much softer and hydrated. I have only been using it for a week but I am enjoying the benefits so far! I hope that it continues to work for me. Thanks Philosophy for making a product that agrees with my skin!!.
Rachel V.
Neenah, WI
I have one word to describe this: incredible.
This moisturizer is so light on the skin and yet delivers so much hydration. I'm really intrigued by the consistency, too. In the jar it's kind of whipped but it almost melts into the skin like water would right away. It also absorbs quickly so your face isn't tacky when putting on makeup over it. I only took away a star for the price. If you're a huge skin care junkie you won't mind but personally feel that cheaper moisturizers can deliver a similar result so I find myself not jumping to repurchase.
Nancy G.
Anyone that knows me, reads my blog, or like I said - knows anything about me... understands my love for Philosophy. I've been using the hope in a jar (not to be confused with their other 'hope in a jars' - which are too thick). The original one is whipped, and always makes my skin look dewy. If I stray from this daily moisturizer, my skin doesn't look as great, and I've learned my lesson: never buy anything else, haha.
Ali S.
Jersey City, NJ
I received this product in a set along with the "When Hope is not Enough" Serum and the 3-in-1 Face Wash and all 3 products were wonderful. The moisturizer did a good job of keeping my face feeling hydrated while not leaving it greasy. The only negatives about it is the smell (it smells to me like low-tide) and the packaging (I always feel that pots are not as sanitary as something with a pump).
Heather T.
Germantown, OH
I know this is an expensive product but it is definitely WORTH IT. Also, keep in mind if you sign up for emails from Philosophy, you can usually try to buy it when they have a 30% off sale! This moisturizer has completely changed the texture of my face. My skin is now so much softer and brighter and I have even noticed that I haven't been breaking out as much since I have started using it.
Ashlee S.
Fairfax, IA
I have super annoying eczema prone skin and I was so fed up with it flaring up when it started to get cold I researched what to do. So many people said hope in a jar I had to try it for myself. Glad I did it SOOTHED my flares so well. I was very relieved. It kept the rest of my face so moisturized that I didn't flare up as much/nearly at all! So soothing is my biggest joy about it
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?