BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Brittany P.
Wise, VA
Amazing product. This makes your skin extremely soft, especially with night time use. It is very thick and creamy so I would suggest it for people with dry skin.
Juanita B.
Glendale, AZ
The smell is not that great and is a main reason why I have not repurchased because it smells awful, like chemicals almost, but the actual product works great itself
Jordan W.
Las Vegas, NV
I LOVE THE ORIGINAL FORMULA. I never used to use moisturizers because they always ended up breaking me out, but my mother ended up purchasing this and I started using it. This is hands down the lightest, most fast absorbing, and best moisturizer I have ever used. It never breaks me out. I always use this before I do my makeup and it makes my skin just glow. I adore it. However, if you use it on your eye area it may burn. I accidentally rubbed this stuff into my eyelashes and it burned my eyes a tad,but it was fine when I wiped my eyes. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Laura S.
Austin, TX
Am I the only person who actually starts crying every time they use this? I've received it in a few sets and while I really like the texture (it's like a cream/gel - very hard to describe!), something must irritate my eyes because the fumes from it immediately make them water like crazy. It's very uncomfortable! I am not allergic or sensitive at all usually (once I put nail polish remover on my face by mistake instead of toner and was fine!!). But this is so heavily perfumed in a weird way - I can't get past it. I have actually powered through a pot regardless and didn't see any special results so definitely not repurchasing!
Sophie C.
This moisturizer didn't do much for me in the couple of months that I used it. To be fair, my skin is dry and non-sensitive, so it's possible it just wasn't the best option for my skin type. I was really excited to try it because I love the philosophy brand, but this particular product was meh. It wasn't super hydrating, and didn't make my skin feel as silky or supple as I wanted it to. Granted, it didn't cause me to break out or damage my skin, but I didn't feel as if it was better than most other moisturizers I've used. There was nothing bad about it, but there are definitely better moisturizers at the same price point.
Rachel K.
Albany, NY
If I could give this more than five stars I would! Hope in a Jar is my absolute favorite eye/face cream. Used right after you've washed your face, it's gentle on your skin but hydrates your skin to perfection! It's a little pricey, but if you get it from Sephora you get VIB points for it. If you can't afford it from the store, I've seen it on eBay for half the price because it's a factory reject for a small packaging error. Completely worth it in my opinion.
Jennifer W.
Roseville, MI
I haven't tried philosophy products until recently. I purchased the try me kits from ultra. They had hair and skin ones and they had the holiday deals. I couldn't be any more happier with this product the hair products made my damaged hair feel like it was back to normal healthy hair. The face products left my skin feeling fresh and moisturized and it didn't dry my skin and I just felt beautiful. I would definitely recommend these products or even give as gift.
Mianna R.
Product was a great consistency and easy to apply around my eyes. Packaging was standard and simple. I love screw top lids. So gentle and soft. Definitely would repurchase.
Wendy J.
Hayesville, OH
I was iffy if I was going to buy this or not because of the reviews that I have read that hope in a jar smelled funky ir smelled like wet dog. It does not smell like wet dog at all and that smell is not that unpleasant, after a week of use I do not even smell it anymore. I have extremely dry skin, I have been using this for about 4 weeks now and my skin feels so smooth! I noticed a big difference in my skin by week one. I definitely recommend this product!
Milanie L.
This is my new go-to for moisturizer! I went by Ulta to try and look for new items to purchase that may be of help for me. I have tried so many different moisturizer since I have terrible case of dry skin. I decided to purchase this small .5oz to try and I am in love with it! To me, it is a light and thin cream with no scent. I have sensitive skin and it has felt nothing but amazing! I love washing my face and applying a thin layer on and go about my day. The only downfall is that there is no SPF but when I apply foundation it is not a big deal since my foundation has SPF. Definitely worth trying if you need a great moisturizer!
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?