BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
philosophy hope in a jar
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Sophie C.
This moisturizer didn't do much for me in the couple of months that I used it. To be fair, my skin is dry and non-sensitive, so it's possible it just wasn't the best option for my skin type. I was really excited to try it because I love the philosophy brand, but this particular product was meh. It wasn't super hydrating, and didn't make my skin feel as silky or supple as I wanted it to. Granted, it didn't cause me to break out or damage my skin, but I didn't feel as if it was better than most other moisturizers I've used. There was nothing bad about it, but there are definitely better moisturizers at the same price point.
Rachel K.
Albany, NY
If I could give this more than five stars I would! Hope in a Jar is my absolute favorite eye/face cream. Used right after you've washed your face, it's gentle on your skin but hydrates your skin to perfection! It's a little pricey, but if you get it from Sephora you get VIB points for it. If you can't afford it from the store, I've seen it on eBay for half the price because it's a factory reject for a small packaging error. Completely worth it in my opinion.
Mianna R.
Franklin, IN
Product was a great consistency and easy to apply around my eyes. Packaging was standard and simple. I love screw top lids. So gentle and soft. Definitely would repurchase.
Wendy J.
Hayesville, OH
I was iffy if I was going to buy this or not because of the reviews that I have read that hope in a jar smelled funky ir smelled like wet dog. It does not smell like wet dog at all and that smell is not that unpleasant, after a week of use I do not even smell it anymore. I have extremely dry skin, I have been using this for about 4 weeks now and my skin feels so smooth! I noticed a big difference in my skin by week one. I definitely recommend this product!
Milanie L.
This is my new go-to for moisturizer! I went by Ulta to try and look for new items to purchase that may be of help for me. I have tried so many different moisturizer since I have terrible case of dry skin. I decided to purchase this small .5oz to try and I am in love with it! To me, it is a light and thin cream with no scent. I have sensitive skin and it has felt nothing but amazing! I love washing my face and applying a thin layer on and go about my day. The only downfall is that there is no SPF but when I apply foundation it is not a big deal since my foundation has SPF. Definitely worth trying if you need a great moisturizer!
Fallon G.
Oviedo, FL
I am not sure why anyone thinks this lotion smells bad; I don't believe it has any perfume to it so it is just the light, natural smell of the ingredients, maybe a bit herbal I'd say. This lotion is very light and, though it feels nice and thick initially, it melts smoothly into skin. It does not leave a greasy feeling behind, so for me, I think it absorbs well. I am prone to break outs, but this has not caused any irritation so I would say it is good for sensitive skin. I'm currently using this lotion in combination with philosophy's purity face wash and my skin couldn't be softer.
Jessica D.
Pittsburgh, PA
I have sensitive, combination/oily skin. This moisturizer is decent but it takes forever to absorb into my skin. I personally do not like using it in the morning because it leaves a slight sheen on my face and I noticed I needed to blot and touch up my powder earlier when using it. I am also not thrilled with the jar and would prefer if Philosophy put this in a tube (for sanitary reasons). It does, however, feel excellent on my skin and neck, did not irritate my skin, and did moisturize. I just use it as a night time moisturizer, but I won't repurchase it when it runs out.
Gigi P.
Gahanna, OH
I have dry skin and this definitely has improved my skin, another completely AMAZING thing I have noticed is that if I know I'm breaking out or feel a huge zit/pimple under my skin coming in, and use this before bed the pimple DISAPPEARS! Yes! It makes zits vanish! I wouldn't use this under makeup because it definitely will make your foundation ball up (been there, done that) but it's such an amazing night time moisturizer!
Heather M.
Fairborn, OH
This is awesome stuff, what I call an instant gratification product. After using for a week people started telling me how wonderful my skin looked and asking what I was doing. Yes, the smell is a odd at first, but it is not at all chemically as someone else stated it is lavender. I also do not find it greasy at all, but there is a variety made for oily skin if it does for you. I think the smell might be different or lighter with that one because I have tried it just because. After time I began to not mind that initial scent at all and when I use something else I miss it!
Ada M.
I love Philosophy! When I tried this I had high expectations and they were met. Smooth, lightweight and smells delish! I have combination of oily and dry skin and when applied, I felt like it did its job with both areas!
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?

back