philosophy hope in a jar
4.37 / 5 based on 1,002 Reviews
our award-winning, original formula lightweight daily moisturizer hydrates and provides antioxidant protection while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant. this high-performing moisturizer contains lactic acid, a gentle alpha hydroxy acid that helps remove surface dead skin cells, and beta-glucan to promote overall skin health by helping to strengthen skin’s natural rejuvenation potential. hope in a jar dramatically improves skin radiance and gently exfoliates, revealing smoother, healthier looking skin and texture.see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
philosophy hope in a jar
- "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
- "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
- "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
- "A little goes a long way as it is super hydrating and too much will make your skin feel oily depending on your skin type." in 6 reviews
- "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
I have just recently started using this moisturizer and its wonderful. It's a bit of a thicker cream but absorbs well and doesn't leave skin greasy. It is very gentle and I love the packaging. I think it's perfect!
I purchased this honestly because it was on sale and figured I would give it a shot. My face has been incredibly dry lately but when I use this it helps. It's light, smells pleasant and a little goes a long way.
I think out of all skin care brands that I've tried, philology is the one brand that consistently pleases me with all of their products. I usually only like a handful of products from brands, but no matter what they come out with I love.. This moisturizer is everything a moisturizer should be. It hydrates without being greasy or heavy, it absorbs IMMEDIATELY, it gives your skin radiance, evens out skin tone, it's appropriate for daytime and night times use. It's amazing honestly. I stopped using it for a while because I wanted to try something else (how foolish of me) the moment I went back to using this moisturizer, my "new found" glow was mistaken for a pregnancy glow. This product gives your skin the TLC it wants and needs. If the price is stopping you from purchasing this product, do not fret. It lasts forever! You only need the tiniest bit morning and night. I've had my jar for going on a year and a half and I've been sharing it with my friends!. LOVE IT, BUY IT NOW!!!!
I absolutely absolutely think this product is amazing! It really does make your skin texture feel smooth and silky, evens out skin tone,evens out combo skin. A friend gave it to me to try and I highly recommend it!
This is hands down one of my favorite philosophy products. I use it after I have washed my face. It leaves my skin feeling smooth. It is a little pricey but you only need a tiny bit each day and it lasts me a while
This is by far one of the BEST products I have ever tried. It made my skin so very smooth and so soft, and the smell was very nice and not too strong. The one thing I don't like about it though, is the price.
I have combination skin, usually on the oily side so I have to be really careful with what moisturizer I use on it before applying makeup or going to bed. Hope in a Jar is my savior right now, I like the subtle smell and the texture of it is so smooth, but not too thick or thin, it goes on and takes a minute to absorb which makes me think it's actually helping my skin, unlike other ones that disappear right when I apply them or have to be wiped off after. This doesn't make my skin oily at all and leaves me feeling so fresh when applied after washing all my makeup off, I would recommend to use before bed and when you wake up you will see no oil or dried peeling skin. It is very expensive but definitely worth the purchase as one container has lasted me 1-2 years already and is still quite full.
I just started using this product to replace my Mary Kay. It absorbs easily and is not greasy. Too early to see if it helps with the fine lines and any wrinkles. So far I don't have anything bad to say though
My absolute go to for a daily moisturizer! It's super effective, leaving my skin firm and hydrated all day. I use it less in the daytime the summer because it does not have spf, but I always have this one on hand!
I only use a simple version of this but I really loved it it always went on so smoothly me my face feels so soft it was so creamy and just had a great overall smell. I would definitely recommend this product
Q & A
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
How is this product on sensitive skin? My skin is dry and tends to be irritated very easily.
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos