BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...4 Answers
philosophy hope in a jar
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Karaleah G.
Albuquerque, NM
My favorite moisturizer to use ever, a little goes a long way. It smells stale but I assure you it's not. It's texture is weird but feels nice. Also, best mosiruizer to use with makeup because makeup applies flawlessly. Only problem is careful around the eyes, it really burns.
Ashley S.
My friend kept talking about how great this moisturizer was so I decided to try hers out a few times. I used it under my makeup and everything was fine--it actually made my foundation look really nice. About an hour later, my face and neck started itching like crazy. I just thought maybe it was irritated or something. The next day I used the moisturizer like before, and again, my face and neck were itching so bad. That moisturizer was the only thing new I was using and I soon realized that it was the source of my problem. I can put pretty much anything on my face and I will not have a reaction to it. This moisturizer is the only product I have ever used that caused such a reaction. I don't know what it is, but there is something in there that my body just doesn't like. I'm really glad the price made me hesitant to purchase the moisturizer before I tried it because I would have been very disappointed!
Jenna R.
Battle Creek, MI
I am so glad they came out with a Hope in a jar with SPF! This was my go to mositurizer, but had to switch to an SPF when I was diagnosed with skin cancer. I will definately be switching back!
Tina A.
This moisturizer changed my skin. Although I do not have wrinkles, I do have very dry skin. Hope in a jar moisturized my skin without clogging my pores and feeling heavy on the skin. I refuse to use any other moisturizer now
Tina C.
Sacramento, CA
This made my skin so soft! Smells nice.. texture is very nice. It works well on my combination skin, but also isn't especially moisturizing -- need to use this in conjunction with a serum or essence. The jar tends to last a while, but it is expensive for what it is.
Jenni B.
Saint Paul, MN
Really expensive but otherwise I really enjoyed the sample I got from Sephora. It hydrates without leaving any oily feeling behind. The packaging is very nice and sturdy from what I remember. If I suddenly run into money, I would definitely buy from this brand
Devyn H.
This smells very bad. I thought I would like this a lot but I didn't. It was very pricey and I regret buying it. It didn't meet my expectations at all. It had a nice texture to it and it wasn't too heavy. It should definitely be improved by changing the scent.
Melissa B.
Arvada, CO
I've tried a lot of different things as in facial moisturizers and I've found this product to help me with my skin but it still kind of leaves my face a little shiny which I really don't like. BUT it does leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft so definitely recommend
Laura Q.
This moisturizer is one of my top 5. The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 star is because I prefer Philosophy's "Take a Deep Breath" over this one. It feels a little lighter and more of a gel but this particular one is ones of my favorites as well!!!
Courtney B.
Kent, WA
I had heard a lot of talking going on about this moisturizer so I went ahead and gave it a shot! I will say all the hype is true! It's very light weight, yet still leaves your skin feeling soft, hydrated, and refreshed. A little goes a long way which helps you save money in the long run.
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Leah M.
Northfield, MN
I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily residue. Have you ever gotten this? Maybe it was just my jar?