philosophy hope in a jar
our award-winning, original formula lightweight daily moisturizer hydrates and provides antioxidant protection while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant. this high-performing moisturizer contains lactic acid, a gentle alpha hydroxy acid that helps remove surface dead skin cells, and beta-glucan to promote overall skin health by helping to strengthen skin’s natural rejuvenation potential. hope in a jar dramatically improves skin radiance and gently exfoliates, revealing smoother, healthier looking skin and texture.see more...
Top Questions See all 186 Q&A
philosophy hope in a jar
- "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
- "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
- "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
- "A little goes a long way as it is super hydrating and too much will make your skin feel oily depending on your skin type." in 6 reviews
- "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
I'm not the type of person that gets bothered by smells of a product. But this smells SO BAD. very chemical-y. It's very expensive and other moisturizers work just as well.
I bought this in a gift pack. I always wanted to try it. It was ok but I wouldn't purchase it again. It was very thick and it felt as if there a bit of a residue on my face. My face did feel very smooth. The smell was unpleasant.
I was contemplating whether I should purchased this or not due to the price, but after I received a sample from Sephora, I had to get it. My skin is sensitive and usually turns red - even to HYPOALLERGENIC items but this one it didn't! it made my skin smoothr after a few days and I received many compliments!
After a week of using this product I developed a rash like chemical burn on my nose. My face became red and blotchy as well with dry patches. The product itself is quite pricey.
This was just okay for me. It was moisturizing and did not break me out. However, I wouldn't say that it had a luxurious skin feel, or that it did a better job than a random drug store moisturizer. Not worth it for me.
Great product! Super light weight and left my skin feeling smooth and oh so wonderful. I find that I get a bad reaction from using other products and this product is gentle on my skin which is amazing.
This is the cream I use every morning right now I don't mind the smell but I know alot of people can't stand it this was a life saver for me my skin was so unbalanced and had horrible texture and this has just transformed my skin for the better
One of the best skincare products I have purchased. Makes your skin look extremely healthy and youthful, gives you a "glow from inside" type of look. I strongly recommend it!
I used to swear by this cream. I really love this - everything from the simple packaging to the scent to the moisturizing effect. It was a great product for me in my teens!
Love this moisturizer! I first received it as a sample from Sephora and had to go back and buy it! Very hydrating and has a settle scent. Makes my skin feel amazing!
Q & A
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
How is this product on sensitive skin? My skin is dry and tends to be irritated very easily.
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily residue. Have you ever gotten this? Maybe it was just my jar?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos