BY PHILOSOPHY

A high-performance moisturizer with broad-spectrum sun protection. This daily moisturizer provides remarkable sun protection, defending skin from a broad spectrum of UVA and UVB radiation. A moisture-rich, multifunction formulation, it nourishes skin with antioxidants that fight wrinkles and neutralize the effects of pollution. Hope In Jar also provides mild exfoliation properties while the ingredient beta glucan adds a healthy, rosy glow. It is formulated Without: - Sulfates- Synthetic Fragrances- Synthetic Dyes- Petrochemicals- GMOs- Triclosan see more...

Taylor D.
Middlesex, NJ
My skin is especially dry around my mouth and nose and this made a huge difference. I use it twice a day in the morning and then again at night and for the remaining part of the day my face is no longer dry. Over time it has made those spots less dry
Jodi D.
Orrville , OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a really great moisturizer. I tried the Renewed Hope in a Jar, but I like the original formula much more. It has a light refreshing scent and is great for every day use. It's not too heavy or too light. It doesn't clog pores and is great for sensitive skin!!
Sydney T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately wasn't the biggest fan! It has the strangest smell that I can't figure out if I can tolerate or if I hate. It's also super thick, which isn't my favorite consistency for moisturizer! It wasn't awful, but for the price, was expecting much more!
Caitlin G.
Rockport, IN
I'm absolutely in LOVE with this product. With having an extremely oily T zone, it was very difficult for me to find moisturizer that wouldn't intensify the oil or break my skin out. This is a luxury brand so the price point is higher, but in my opinion it is a thousand times worth it. I will continue to repurchase this product.
Lindsey W.
Mc Calla, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this moisturizer for awhile. It was kind of pricey. I love philosophy products but I'm not sure this is the right moisturizer for my age, skin type, etc. it was pretty gentle on my skin. I don't know if it did any long term changes but I would be willing to buy it again!
Lacie B.
Shawnee
Another great philosophy product! IA little goes a long way and almost immediately I can tell a difference in my skin. If you have oily skin I recommend the oil free version. I have not tried a philosophy product I haven't liked
Laurel G.
Elma, WA
Sure, it has a bit of a smell to it, but I vote Hope in a Jar well worth it. I got this first as a sample from Sephora and I loved it. I get really dry skin on the sides of my cheeks and around my mouth during the winter and this was a huge help. I noticed the smell when I first put it on but I never notice it after that. Plus you only need a little dab to get your whole face. It probably smells a lot stronger if you use a ton, but have a little portion control and you should be fine. It really, really moisturizes. Really.
Gidget S.
Mebane, NC
I have combination skin, and sensitive skin as well.. this moisturizer not only
gives me hope, but it doesn't break me out, or make me feel like I slathered grease
on my face.. Its more like a miracle in a jar. I have been faithfully using this product since
it's been on the market, and no other moisturizer works for my face like this one... I will
be 100 and still use this product.. and it smells fantastic, all the Philosophy products smell amazing. Worth worth worth the price
Kirby F.
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I usually use clinque moisturizer, the yellow one. I like it because its lighter but once I started staying at my boyfriends house the air is a lot less humid than what I'm used to at my house. I had to invest in a richer moisturizer. Even though this is richer and heavier its not greasy. Its absorbs instantly and when I wake up i finally don't look like a fish out of water. my face is plump and looks hydrated! This is definitely a moisturizer that i will continue to invest in.
Reneev v.
Fort Collins, CO
I have combination skin, meaning my forehead, chin, and nose are oily and the rest of my face gets really dry, really fast. This is the only moisturizer I have found in my life-long quest that soothes my dry skin without making my oily spots more oily. It has a pretty thin formula compared to other moisturizers I have tried, and it doesn't feel like it's suffocating your skin after you put it on.
I don't think it smells that bad, but if it bothers you just spritz on some body spray after you use it.
Catherine B.
Is this greasy feeling at all?
Jamie O.