BY PHILOSOPHY

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

a ray of light will show you the way. that light is hope. let there be light. we re turning sun protection up a notch. hope in a jar spf 25 moisturizer for all skin types hydrates the skin, provides a gentle exfoliation and helps improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, texture and tone. this multitasking moisturizer helps prevent further sun damage with multiple antioxidants and broad-spectrum sun protection, while inspiring a healthy, rosy glow. provides broad-spectrum uva/uvb sun protection. contains lactic acid for exfoliation to help promote smooth, healthy-looking skin. high performance moisturizer with antioxidants to help protect skin against.

• Does this product have the same thick feeling that hope i...1 Answers
  • Is this greasy? Does it spread easily? On a scale of 1-10...2 Answers
philosophy hope in a jar original spf 25
  • "This is an awesome moisturizer. It has an SPF which is crucial for preventing skin damage, cancer and wrinkles. It's super hydrating yet absorbs nicely into the skin. I prefer the tube to the jar. " in 7 reviews
  • "The brand Hope in a Jar is usually a win for me no matter what. This spf is no different. It is not greasy at all which is usually the problem I have with most sunscreens. I highly recommend it for sensitive skin also!" in 5 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way, this stuff is really moisturizing on my dry skin. I usually apply this after I have washed and my favorite thing is it doesn't feel heavy and my skin doesn't get oily from this product." in 3 reviews
Megan M.
My husband's cousin is sixty years old, but her perfect skin belies her age by at least thirty years. It's hard not to stare at her when we're together. I finally asked what she used, and she said, "Philosophy's Hope in a Jar." That's it. Of course I had to try this virtual fountain of youth, but I was disappointed. It's a run-of-the-mill moisturizer. It smooths and hydrates, but I don't find any ingredients aside from glycerin which will give long-term wrinkle relief and gorgeous skin. I would not repurchase. This is highly overrated.
Lauren C.
Louisville, KY
I am a huge fan of the Philosophy brand, I have been using the Purity face wash for years. I liked this cream, however I could not give it five stars because the smell is TERRIBLE. It was seriously so hard to keep it on my face.
Carissa S.
I have been using this product for several years and I love it!!! I have super sensitive skin and this moisturizer is perfect because it is so light you don't even realize you have it on, even with sunscreen it's not greasy at all. Plus I am able to keep my skin protected by the 25 spf.
Erin M.
oldsmar, FL
I am honestly really disappointed with this product. I usually love Philosophy, but this is not pleasant. Its very heavy and leaves my skin feeling greasy. The SPF portion of the moisturizer is very hard to rub in, and I don't feel like my skin is left feeling hydrated.
Linda C.
Too rich to wear with makeup during the day for combo/oily skin. It's okay when worn alone but I still ended up looking really shiny. The packaging is easy to work with and doesn't dispense more than needed.
Kristi T.
I am a fan of the "hope in a jar" moisturizer (both the original and the very dry skin version) but this product fell flat for me. First of all, what good is spf 25 anyway? For my face I always use at least spf 50. Secondly, it was a thick consistency that I did not like to apply on my face. It didn't even moisturize my dry skin well! It failed on both fronts that it attempts to go at: spf and moisturizing. The price point it makes that absolutely unacceptable in my book. It smelled okay which is why it's not a 1-star review.
Thy P.
I actually had received this product as a gift. I was a little hesitant on using it at first. I normally have very sensitive skin so I'm always hesitant on trying a new product. However once I did start using this product, I did like it. I love the fact that it has a high SPF of 25. Also love the fact that it's more like a cream than a lotion, so meaning it will have more moisturizing effect than regular lotion would. When I first applied it on, it felt a little heavy, but most creams do that. After it soaked into the skin, the heavy feeling was gone. I love the fact that it moisturizes and protects me from the sun. Wonderful product!
Donna C.
Minford, OH
Must be allergic to this. First time I used it I broke out on my face so bad, it required a doctor visit and a steroid shot. I really wanted to like this, but can not use it.
Crystal R.
I love this stuff. It goes on so smoothly. It feels lightweight and not crazy at all. I use this in the morning because it has an SPF in it. It's always best to use a moisturizer that has some sun protection in it. I like the light scent of this product also. I don't have any major complaints about this. It is definitely one of my favorite moisturizers that I have used. I always keep some of this on hand.
Nataly B.
los angeles , CA
I first tried this product because it was sent to me as a sample with a sephora purchase I made. My first impression was that it did have a funky smell to it, but besides that, it seemed to give me long lasting moisture especially on my T-zone which does not usually react well with many other products. I repurchased it immidiately at my local sephora and It is a vital step in my every day skin care routine.
Meghan L.
Is this greasy? Does it spread easily? On a scale of 1-10, how thick and creamy is it?
Courtney P.
Bonaire
Does this product have the same thick feeling that hope in a jar might cream gives you?