BY PHILOSOPHY

does your skin feel two sizes too small? hope in a jar for dry skin is an extra-rich moisturizer that soothes and comforts even the most dry skin. the creamy formula deeply hydrates the skin to help relieve dryness and help maintain skin's natural moisture levels. this extra-rich moisturizer contains natural skin soothers that help calm the skin, while antioxidants help protect the skin against environmental attack. hope in a jar for dry skin provides immediate comforting and moisturizing benefits. skin no longer seems tight but feels soft, comfortable and just right.

philosophy hope in a jar extra-rich moisturizer for normal to dry skin
  • "My skin is so dry from living in a very dry climate and from past acne medications and treatments." in 2 reviews
  • "I can imagine that women with combination skin would find this actually adding too much moisture." in 1 review
  • "I have extremely sensitive skin & I'm primarily dry on my chin & on the sides of my nose." in 1 review
  • "A little of this goes a long way so it pays off in the end." in 1 review
  • "Definitely recommend it." in 1 review
Holly J.
Canton, GA
I LOVE THIS STUFF! I've known about philosophy for a while now and seriously don't know why I waited so long to try their products. This is my current moisturizer and if you have dry skin I would totally try this, especially right now for summer. I also have sensitive skin and this product is a miracle worker. My skin feels so soft and fresh all day! Can't wait to try more of their products.
Autumn D.
Austin, TX
I used this in the winter when my skin seemed to be lacking luster in the weird Texas climate during "winter" months. It's not too heavy and gave enough extra oomph that I was looking for after months of using a lighter moisturizer during the hot summer months. I really enjoy this company and their products because they aren't overwhelming to choose what is right for your needs.
Firdaus J.
walnut creek
Let me daily for work and in the wintertime my skin really great now. This stuff is amazing. A father in on after a hot shower at night and when I wake up in the morning my skin is supple. I just have to keep remembering to use it every night because otherwise after a few days I'll feel the effects.
Victoria P.
Winter Park, FL
This is my go-to daily moisturizer! I've been using Philosophy products for years. I love their ingredients and how gentle it is on the skin. I know whenever I use this cream I will have a great skin day, and don't ever have to worry about breaking out from any nasty chemicals or fragrances!
Pauline W.
Kearny, NJ
I give this product four stars only because of the price. This moisturizer is expensive! It falls nothing short of amazing, especially for being a dry skin lifesaver. It has a nice fresh scent to it. I would definitely purchase this more regularly if it was not so out of my budget.
Kathryn S.
  This is the only moisturizer I use now! It feels like nothing is on your face when you apply. It is so light and does not clog your pores. I feel like since switching to this moisturizer, my face has cleared up greatly.
Brittany P.
Wise, VA
This is an excellent product for dry, dehydrated skin. If you don't have dry skin, thus product is not for you. The only downfall I would give it is that it has a slight smell that may be bothersome to some.
Megan M.
Bloomington, IN
I usually love Philosophy products, and I really wanted to like Hope in a Jar, but this one sadly, disappointed me. After all the hype, I guess I was expecting a lot. Not to mention the price tag. It is mega expensive. I didn't think it moisturized that great, no better than the drugstore brand I was using and the smell was REALLY overwhelming, almost sickening. I think the scent is lavender and I usually like lavender, but not to this extreme. I could barely stand it. I actually think my problem areas got a bit worse after using this. That was enough to almost get me to stop using it, but the thing that really got me was when it separated. The oils separated leaving a weird film and turning the moisturizer a creepy yellow after just two months. I can’t say all bad things about this product because it’s not all bad. It does moisturize and is gentle enough to use daily and even at night. It goes on smoothly, even if a little thin.
Kayla D.
Huntington, WV
This is one of my absolute favorite products ever, and the best moisturizer I've ever used. It is light but moisturizing, can be worn day or night, and doesn't break out my skin. I always come back to this one, no matter what I try.
Annie M.
Akron, OH
Life saver in the winter for dry skin hope in a jar is the perfect name. I just wish it didn't leave a residue after using ...maybe it's just me. Also a little goes a long way so the price is fair
jocelyn s.
Poway, CA
Is it ok to apply makeup after applying this moisturizer?
Arlene A.
Tulare, CA
I have been looking for a moisturizer for my dry skin. Iv never used this product before and I was wondering if it's worth to buy? And I know it's a bit pricy but ya know I need to know lol
Neema S.
How much does it cost?
Morgan L.
West Fargo, ND
I have dry skin for the most part but an oily nose. Does anyone know if this would be a good moisturizer or will it make my oily nose worse? Is there a better kind I should try?
Denene
Is this good for dry sensitive skin? The philosophy products smell amazing but the heavily scented stuff often irritates my skin.