BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Heidy B.
Washington, DC
so i ordered this product from Sephora in a Christmas  special, because i was wanting to try a new hydratating cream, so far i really like it, the does smooths your skin without leaving it grease, and it will absorbs the product in seconds!
Annmarie M.
Powhatan, VA
Philosophy hope in a jar is a god-sent I got it for Christmas and put it on every night after I wash my face and it basically gives me life again. My skin is so dry and cracked from the cold weather that's just basically just put some nourishment back into my skin and it feels instantly amazing
Summer E.
Jamestown, KY
I used this product years ago and forgot why I disliked it so much until recently. I received a free jar for a review from philosophy, and I only give truthful reviews. So first off, it smells like garbage. I can't emphasize enough how horrible the smell is. Next, it does absolutely nothing for my skin. It soaks into my face quick, my skin still feels dry, it doesn't do anything for dark under eye circles or redness. Trust me, save your money for something else.
Savannah E.
I came across this product at sephora as I was in dire need for a moisturizer that actually worked for my skin. Hope in a Jar literally changed my life! Seriously over night my skin did a 360. I have seriously dry skin, especially when fall and winter hit. Ive tried many other products including First aid Beauty, clinique, and even La Mer. I apply before bed, and when I wake up and I have not had dry skin since.
Tami L.
I purchased this honestly because it was on sale and figured I would give it a shot. My face has been incredibly dry lately but when I use this it helps. It's light, smells pleasant and a little goes a long way.
danielle h.
Lakewood, CO
i think that this is a decent moisturizer. i think it does a pretty good job at providing moisture to my face without making my skin oily-which is a huge thing i look for in a moisturizer. i don't love the packaging, i wish it came in a pump bottle! it also smells heavily perfumed to me, but the ingredients dont list fragrance so i'm not sure. it also doesn't break me out which is unusual as most moisturizers do!
Keelee S.
I really wanted to love this product seeing all the hype it got, but ive used drug store products better. This didnt really meet the expectations i had. For what it did for me, wasnt worth the price. It didnt really moisturize my skin at all, it was just like putting water on your face and letting it dry.
Jennifer B.
Sierra Vista, AZ
Love this product. I have used this for several years now and continue to recommend to everyone I can. Very gentle, does not irritate my skin and leaves my face very soft and glowy. This product is pricey when compared to drugstore but believe me it’s worth it!
Luz V.
Palisades Pk, NJ
This product is amazing. Came across this product while makeup shopping and just had to try it since ive heard so many great things about it.
Turns out it is an amazing product, smells great and leave my skin feeling soft and with a glow.
Rachel D.
I love this and have used it and rebought it many times. I know many others who have bought it as well. Very hydrating and good for overnight. The formula is so whipped and creamy!
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?