BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Brean R.
Randleman
I recently went to Sephora and asked their advice on what moisturizer I should buy for my extremely dry skin. I specifically told her I have dry flakey skin plus eczema and could not get a foundation to lay on my face without clinging to dry patches. I asked for relief and this is what she went to and raved about, so I gave it a shot. I do like his moisturizer and could definitely tell a difference in my makeup application when wearing this under. The only thing I didn't like was, that if I missed just 1 day of putting this on my face would be so dry, even more then normal. I was hoping that I would see improvement at least over a few months, but that's not really the case.. so I'm kind of up in the air on this one. I do have to admit that this is the only moisturizer so far that has allowed me to apply foundation without clinging to dry patches AT ALL!
Karaleah G.
Albuquerque , NM
My favorite moisturizer to use ever, a little goes a long way. It smells stale but I assure you it's not. It's texture is weird but feels nice. Also, best mosiruizer to use with makeup because makeup applies flawlessly. Only problem is careful around the eyes, it really burns.
Jessica O.
Raleigh
Works great for dry skin. I use it every morning after cleaning my face. Makes skins feel hydrated, doesn’t leave a residue. Kind of price but worth the buy and you get a good amount of product. Enjoying everyday.
Annmarie M.
Powhatan, VA
Philosophy hope in a jar is a god-sent I got it for Christmas and put it on every night after I wash my face and it basically gives me life again. My skin is so dry and cracked from the cold weather that's just basically just put some nourishment back into my skin and it feels instantly amazing
Rebekah H.
Abbeville
Packaging is nice but the product was not any good! The formula was extremely greasy and I could not get past the smell. Even my boyfriend who had dry hands wouldn't use the rest that I had left due to how greasy it was. This product is definitely one I will not repurchase.
Alicia C.
Blythewood, SC
This is my go to moisturizer. I have been using Hope In A Jar for over 18 years. I like how quickly it is absorbs into my skin. It is not heavy or thick and absorbs immediately into my skin. I like the light lavender scent too. Plus besides being like a drink of water for my face. It gives me a rosy glow and helps smooth my fine lines.
Savannah E.
I came across this product at sephora as I was in dire need for a moisturizer that actually worked for my skin. Hope in a Jar literally changed my life! Seriously over night my skin did a 360. I have seriously dry skin, especially when fall and winter hit. Ive tried many other products including First aid Beauty, clinique, and even La Mer. I apply before bed, and when I wake up and I have not had dry skin since.
danielle h.
Lakewood, CO
i think that this is a decent moisturizer. i think it does a pretty good job at providing moisture to my face without making my skin oily-which is a huge thing i look for in a moisturizer. i don't love the packaging, i wish it came in a pump bottle! it also smells heavily perfumed to me, but the ingredients dont list fragrance so i'm not sure. it also doesn't break me out which is unusual as most moisturizers do!
Taylor B.
Grenada, MS
This product is amazing. It is super light weight on my skin and leaves it feeling hydrated and toned. Super gentle and smells amazing! It’s my new favorite moisturizer. I use it each night after I cleanse with the purity face wash and in the mornings before I apply my makeup!
Amber P.
I have very dry skin, but I was looking for something that would help moisturize but not break me out. I love love this product! It's very light weight on the skin. I've been using it for almost a month now, and it's really helped I use it more at night when I clean my face. I will say it's kind of expensive for me, but I didn't realize how far the small jar goes!
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?