BY PHILOSOPHY

clear days ahead oil-free salicylic acid acne treatment cleanser deeply cleanses and helps reduce acne-causing bacteria to promote clearer skin.

• Does this really work? I have acne and is this worth the price? 1 Answers
  • I have Mild rosacea, and a friend of a friend said i should try thi...1 Answers
  • I tried this product and loved it for clearing up my skin. However,...1 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Mandy W.
Mandy W.
San Francisco, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this after getting a mild acne scare, and decided to get a salicylic cleanser. The bottle recommends washing twice a day (once in morning and once at night), but within two days, the skin on my cheeks, temples, and corners of the mouth starting flaking badly. I have dry skin, and i know that salicylic acid does tend to dry out the skin quite a bit, but I didn't expect a 2% salicylic acid cleanser to do that much damage. For the week after that, I've been putting on extra moisturizer throughout the day to heal my flakes. Now, I'm planning on using this maybe twice a week at night to fight off the bacteria on my face, but no more than that.
Stacy S.
Stacy S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was looking for a great cleanser since my face has been breaking out more than usual lately and I came across this cleanser! I bought it on ulta's website in the sale section and figured it wouldn't hurt to try out. I soon enough fell in love with this product. I absolutely love the citrus scent and how refreshing it makes my skin feel. A little goes a long way which is a plus. I love combining this product onto a facial scrubby and the product gets nice and foamy. I've been using this for a few months straight. When I wake up in the morning and also before bed. It has worked wonders for me and I'm glad I've started this cleaning routine.
Emma H.
Emma H.
Tallahassee, FL
I liked this a lot. I love philosophy in general because when I use their products I know I can trust what I'm putting on my skin. This product made me feel really clean without being drying or harsh. If you don't mind using multiple products as part of your routine, then this is great. I did stop using this to find something more all encompassing (a cleanser that also can be used on my eyes to remove makeup, etc.).
I have sensitive and acne prone skin, but this didn't irritate it at all. I would recommend this to someone who was looking specifically for an acne treating cleanser.
claudia j.
claudia j.
Providence, RI
The smell was refreshing, it foamed well, and it removed my makeup effectively. But that's really the baseline of any cleanser: that's what they're all supposed to do, even the cheap ones. But this one was supposed to help with clearing my acne, which it didn't do. I think that's because the salicylic acid doesn't have time to take effect on your face, as it's washed off after a minute or so. The salicylic acid is one of the main features of the product, so obviously you should invest your money elsewhere.
Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.
As a teen with acne, it's a pain trying to find a product that can clear my skin, but after using this product along with the pads, my skin was so much clearer than before! Of course I still suffer from mild hormonal breakouts, but this product makes my face feel SO clean! It is a tad drying, but I suffer from super dry skin so I use masks and moisturizers to fix that. The bottle lasts a long time and it's the only product I've found so far that has actually made a great impact!
Dolly K.
Dolly K.
Mc Lean, VA
Having super sensitive skin, I have to be selective when it comes to using a product on my face. I've tried a lot of different brands, but Philosophy is one of my favorites. It helps me from breaking out and it's effective in cleaning the dirt off my skin. You know your face is clean when you dry your face with a kleenex and its actually clean! Kudos for a good product!
Aerie A.
Aerie A.
San Jose, CA
Love love love this cleanser! When I was having horrible breakouts, this was the only thing I could find that was gentle enough for the rest of my face but strong enough to combat the acne. I've repurchased several times now even though I no longer have acne issues. I believe this product helps keep things under control nicely and as an added bonus, it smells nice.
Jackea G.
Jackea G.
Plantation, FL
I love this stuff. ... I cleans the skin but doesn't leave it super dry. I didn't give it 5 stars because, I use a small eye makeup remover pad to remove my eye makeup but there is still residual... This cleanser unfortunately doesn't completely get all the eye makeup off. My skin is clear of breakouts so it works well for that. I would rebuy it for sure.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Bronx, NY
I have been using this product for two years! It is a great cleanser and usually clears up my blemishes in about 48 hours. I knocked off a star because it does leave my skin kinda dry. Though I don't use the moisturizer from this line, Id highly recommend using an oil free moisturizer. This product also smells great - very citrusy.
Shannon M.
Shannon M.
I got this product in a trial size in a kit and I used it for about two weeks. The texture is definitely like jelly and it is very weird. It did not do anything to clear my acne, but it did do a good job cleansing my skin. I now use it as a back up if I need a good wash. I would recommend trying, but don't get your hopes up.
Kingston, WA
I have Mild rosacea, and a friend of a friend said i should try this. so i was just wondering if anyone else has rosacea and has used with any success?
Becky M.
Becky M.
I tried this product and loved it for clearing up my skin. However, I cannot use it twice a day or even everyday. It dries out my skin to the extreme!! Is there another Philosophy product anyone can recommend for daily use. I have normal to oily skin. Thanks!!
Kingston, WA
i have mild rosacea and a friend of a friend said i should try this because Salicylic Acid can help with the redness/ inflammation so i was wondering if anyone else has rosacea and has seen any success?
Kenna C.
Kenna C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this really work? I have acne and is this worth the price?