Philips Sonicare HX8211/02 AirFloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser uploaded by Maggie V.

BY SONICARE

Help remove plaque and control tartar with the philips sonicare hx8111 airfloss electric waterflosser. It uses microburst technology that delivers a quick burst of pressurized air and micro droplets of water to effectively clean areas that are hard for a toothbrush to reach. The slim, angled nozzle and guidance tip make it even more effective. It has proved to remove up to 99% more plaque as compared to brushing. With 1-button operation, it's easy to use too. The cordless water flosser is completely safe and gentle on gums and teeth. It has a reservoir that you can fill with enough water for 2 uses. You can even fill it with mouthwash... see more...

Linda A.
Ogden, UT
I have a Sonicare electric toothbrush and before I got the AirFlosser, I thought I was doing everything right. I thought it was brushing my teeth very well. I was so wrong. After I brush my teeth with my Sonicare, I put some mouthwash into the AirFlosser, which really isn't an air flosser..it's a water jet flosser..and start shooting water between my teeth. OMG. I couldn't believe how much stuff came out the first time I used it!!! If you're just brushing your teeth, and I don't care WHAT you're using to brush them, you aren't getting all the gunk out of your teeth. The way the air flosser works, is that you put some kind of liquid into a chamber. It can be water, mouthwash, gin, whatever you like. Then you turn it on and each time you press the pad on the top of the flosser, a jet of water is shot out. Hopefully, you've aimed it at your teeth. Before I purchased my flosser, I read reviews. I always do that. People were complaining about what a mess was made all over their bathroom. Well, it's possible to do that, but it isn't necessary. Just put the flosser up against where you want it to go, preferably in the space between your teeth, lean over the sink and press the pad. If you do that, water isn't going to go everywhere. I do it first from the outside in and then I go around on the inside, pointing it outward. When you do this, if you are going to do this also, just close your mouth a little so it contains the jet of water. There is no need to wash your bathroom every time you floss. When you look at your teeth after you have used the flosser, you will be amazed at how great they look. They look much better than they look when you use flossing string. MUCH better. Another thing the flosser does is strengthen your gums. Before I started using it, my gums used to bleed when I brushed my teeth and even more when I flossed. Within a very short time after I started using the air flosser, my gums were no longer bleeding. That made me really happy. I highly recommend this oral appliance. Your teeth and gums will thank you for it.
Megan Z.
Denton, TX
One star off because it broke easily out of the box but when fixed it does a wonderful job of cleaning between my teeth. It feels like an after dental visit after each use and I love the squeaky clean mouth feel I get from the product!
Aisha K.
Mississisauga, Ontario
fter my husband and I went through a serious bout of gum disease, followed by dental appliances and (in my case) braces, we have gotten Really Serious about oral care. (Our dental hygienist is _ever_ so proud of us.) As a result, I was really interested in this Airfloss electric flosser when Amazon Vine offered it to me. Philips gets points for creativity, but the end result has left me saying, "Eh."

The idea is fine. The Airfloss takes up about the same amount of counter space as the Philips Sonicare FlexCare Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush, which I also own (and am 5-stars happy with). You put water or mouthwash into the unit (it holds a tablespoon or so), point the thing at the space between your teeth, and push a button. With the compressed air and liquid it cleans between your teeth, and you don't have to mess with dental floss (or even get your hands wet). It shoots an annoying little spit at your gums, one tooth at a time, which might be worth it for the convenience of dental care in 30 seconds.

The implementation... doesn't work for me. Yes, it cleans out some stuff and would be better than nothing. But not MUCH better, especially since this is intended only for the front of the teeth. After using the Airfloss I flossed my teeth again with the regular old floss the dentist gave me, and plenty of stuff came out. On another day, in the interest of research, I used the Airfloss and then immediately used the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser, and LOTS of stuff came out. A leaf of spinach could defeat this thing.

The Airfloss might have been helpful back when I had braces, and using dental floss wasn't possible. The unit is light enough that I would have considered it as an option for travel rather than the Panasonic Oral Irrigator EW-DJ10-A I bought. But the Airfloss does so much less than the standard old Waterpik, and it costs more. Plus the Waterpik makes it easy to change heads so that two people can use the same unit; this is really mean for a single user.

I like the basic idea, but I'm not impressed with the result.
Jennifer H.
Apopka, FL
I've used the AirFlosser for a few years and LOVE it. I am a Sonicare fan for life! Their toothbrushes and this flosser make my teeth and gums healthier and it shows. My dentist is always pleased with my oral care. I would definitely recommend Sonicare products to others.
Amber B.
When I remember to use it, my air flosser is awesome! I really enjoy how easy it is to use, and I use mouthwash with mine so I have long lasting fresh breath. I found that it was not too costly and did meet my expectations. I am overall very satisfied with my airbrush!
Maggie V.
I work in a dental office, and my office started selling these and sonicare toothbrushes, and i purchased them for myself and boyfriend, and they work awesome!

Would totally recommend to anyone who has braces!
carmine m.
Mountain Top, PA
I am a dental hygienist. I really wanted to live this product but I didn't. My number one product is the waterpik! This Product was ok but it didn't give me the clean feeling like the waterpik does.
Danielle M.
Nashville, GA
I love my air flosser. I had braces and it gets behind my permanent retainers. It is super easy to use and helps keep my gums from swelling. It works really well and I am satisfied. I recommend to anyone who wants to improve their oral health.
Tessa M.
Hillsboro, OR
This thing is so fun! It works really well despite being surprising when you use it. It fits on my other sonicare charger and is a nice addition to help me keep my teeth clean and shiny. I would recommend this product.
Maribel F.
Brooklyn, NY
It's a good air flosser but it har plenty of room for improvement. It's kind of bulky and the charger is too small. I bought it in Amazon I don't have options for comparison. I'm satisfied but I won't repurchase.