ElectronicsTelevisionHome EntertainmentPhilips
3D Ready Blu-ray Disc Player - Black (BDP2985/F)

Philips 3D Ready Blu-ray Disc Player - Black (BDP2985/F)

Enjoy wireless streaming entertainment and 3-D blu-ray playback at a great value with this philips blu-ray player. Stunning 3-D effects in picture depth and action leap off the screen and draws you deep into the experience. Also enjoy the best of the internet on your tv wirelessly with apps like netflix and youtube. This philips blu-ray player is divx plus hd certified for the best in high definition playback. Also play your favorite dvd's with 1080p upscaling via hdmi for near-hd images. Dolby truehd for high fidelity sound increases your viewing experience with the best in sound. Built-in wifi allows for faster and wider streaming...

Can you play 4k movies ?
Start your review of Philips 3D Ready Blu-ray Disc Player - Black (BDP2985/F)!
Tayler M.
Woburn, MA
Techie Expert Level 1
Not a fan of this at all, I really thought this was going to be better quality. I had high Hope's but this product just let me down.
Ronni L.
Le Roy, KS
Meh, we've had nothing but issues since we bought this. It likes to do updates in the middle of the movies we play. Sometimes, it just won't play the movie. WE bought it new at WalMart
Gwendolyn J.
Phenix city, AL
Techie Expert Level 2
I had a problem with the applications that are featured is this product (VUDU, Netflix, YouTube) hanging. When this BDP hangs it won't power down by remote or power on the player so your only option is to unplug it from the wall. Philips is aware of this and has no comment. Had several e-mail exchanges and online chats with Philips where they always blamed the router for the problem and had me reboot it several times. I was asked to install a new BIOS revision (file date 3/25/13) and did it but the problem persisted. Philips solution was to have me hard wire the network connection. I told them that my 5 other WiFi devices that were located in the same area as the player had no problems and for what reason did I purchase a WiFi device if to not use it. This led to them giving me a Philips consumer support number to get a product exchange. When I called the number they again told me to hard wire the network connection for best results and that if I was unwilling to do that, they couldn't provide the exchange unit.
NAOMI H.
haswell
Techie Expert Level 1
Got this for my kids easy to set up and easy to use and kids lo d it it's better then one we have good quolaty to
Ask a question to the Influenster community...