PG Tips Black Tea Bags uploaded by Dara W.

BY PG TIPS

England s #1 Tea-Est. Since 1930 A popular British blend of the finest Assam, Ceylon, and Kenyan teas which produces a rich and refreshing flavour. The definitive English tea. How PG Tips Began... Arthur Brooke founded the company Brooke, Bond & Co in 1869 and in the same year opened his first shop in Manchester, UK. There was never a Mr. Bond-he just felt that the name sounded right! Arthur Brooke developed his own quality blends, mixing together various estate teas. This ensured a more consistent quality because, as with any crop, the characteristics of a consignment can vary according to climate, time of year, and general growing conditions. In 1930 PG Tips was launched in the UK as a loose leaf tea in soft packs. It was originally called Pre-Gest-Tee but was soon abbreviated by grocers and van salesman to PG. The company adopted this as the official name and added tips to h see more...

• Is this tea as good as I've heard it is? My favorite is Twinings ...1 Answers
  • Is this tea caffeinated?2 Answers
  • Does it get any better than this? I think not.2 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "I was introduced to PG Tips several years ago, and it is still my favorite black tea to buy in the states." in 4 reviews
  • "It has a great taste and gets better as you brew." in 1 review
  • "It has a great flavor and never disappoints wither I am having tea and toast or with a scone or biscuit or just one at tea time. " in 1 review
  • "This tea has such a nice tea and to me is the ideal black tea/english breakfast type of tea." in 1 review
Theresa M.
Lafayette, LA
This makes a solid strong cup of tea in a short amount of time. I've never found the tea to be bitter. I usually take this tea with a little sugar or honey, but it is good with a dash of creamer as well. This is a great afternoon pick me up.
Danica J.
The best black tea you can pick up at the local grocery. I was given this as a recommendation for having the classic "cuppa" experience by a friend from London, and this plus a dash of cream is just delish. Balanced, mild and perfect.
Rose L.
I drank this when I lived in England and can't start my morning right without this tea since then! This tea has the perfect blend of black and other teas. Triangle tea bags make for the perfect seeping. This is just the perfect tea to start the morning off right, especially if you are not a coffee drinker.
Brenda F.
I just had to try the PG Black tea bags when I saw the were triangular in shape. I thought it was a different and interesting idea. I love strong tea and I thought these tea bags would make my tea strong. The flavor was alright but not what I like. I would recommend for those who don't like super strong tea.
Sophie H.
Madison, NH
My family in England uses PG tips, so this tea is close to my heart. When they moved back to England I just wasn't able to make my tea taste the same. Until I found PG tips (the same kind of tea they use). My tea started to tasting more like there's, it's still not exactly the same, but every cup I drink reminds me of them. With that said PG tips is the best black tea I have been able to find, just one bag is enough for a teapot. It the proper black tea.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Favorite tea... brews a strong cup in a very short amount of time, and you can reuse the bag for cups without sacrificing flavor. Great replacement for coffee in the afternoon... it perks you right up! I prefer it with milk and a digestive biscuit.
Keisha H.
Augusta, GA
I was introduced to PG Tips several years ago, and it is still my favorite black tea to buy in the states. Even after spending time in northern India this year (where black tea is grown!) PG Tips is still wonderful. I really love that it is bagged, not loose leaf.
Rebecca A.
Powder Springs, GA
I have always love a great tea and it took me a while to find this one. Once I had it I was hooked!! Its even better than the Twinings English breakfast to me. It has a great flavor and never disappoints wither I am having tea and toast or with a scone or biscuit or just one at tea time.
Lisa S.
Rochester, MN
This is England's #1 tea and the one my husband cannot do without living in MN. Great flavor and the black tea quality is bar none. This is so good with a biscuit or scone. This tea is great on its own or with milk or sugar. Love it!~
Rebecca S.
Chicago , IL
PG Tips are the bomb.com.net.co.uk. A lot of Americans don't realize they exist, because they don't sell them at a lot of grocery stores (at least not in the south east), but they're amazing.
Chelsea P.
Las Vegas, NV
Is this tea caffeinated?
Samantha S.
Maryville, IL
Does it get any better than this? I think not.
Brittany B.
Paris, KY
Is this tea as good as I've heard it is? My favorite is Twinings English breakfast. I want to try this but I'm having trouble finding it in store.