Petsmart Java Fern, Green uploaded by Jessica P.Petsmart Java Fern, Green uploaded by Tina Nicole M.

BY PETSMART

With its full, green leaves, the Java Fern does well in almostany freshwater aquarium. It's hardy enough for a first-time ownerand can be planted alone or in groups-tank space permitting. Water changes: Test water weekly to assess water quality. It is recommendedthat 10% of youraquarium water be changed per week. At the veryleast, 25% of your aquariumwater should be changed per month. Foroptimal health, regular water changes not only prevent theundesirable accumulation of excess nutrients, but also removeexcess nitrates and waste products of the fish and plants. Aquarium placement: Place your aquarium in a low-traffic area, away from directsunlight and drafts. Planting your natural aquarium: Foreground plants: Usually stay very short and help fill in the front part of theaquarium. Middle ground plants: These plants grow anywhere form 4-10 inches tall. Background plants: These are the fastest-growing and tallest plants. Things to watch for: Poor growth Brown spots on leaves Plants appear weak, pale green to yellow, stems have fewleaves Plants cease to grow and die off Stem plants have long internodes and small leaves If you notice any of the signs described above, check youraquariumwater quality and consult an in-store AquaticsSpecialist. Size: Small. Color: Green. see more...

Sharaden B.
Cedar Rapids
I love the look of live plants in my aquarium. Who doesn't? While Amazon sells some high quality ones that usually take well, they can be pretty pricey. Before getting them here, I suggest checking a local aquarium group for people just giving them away.

PS. BEWARE OF SNAILS
Jessika M.
Odessa, TX
Such a great plant for my aquarium! The colors are very vibrant and my fish seem to love it! They hide in and out of the leaves.it looks totally real and is nice and flowy under the water just like imagined it would be! Will definitely be shopping for more like it !
Jessikuh R.
Looks fantastic in any tank, that’s for sure. Now, the biggest down fall of this is it gets so dirty. If you have algae get on there honey you aren’t getting it off. But silk plants always look best when you are unsure about live. I absolutely recommend.
Dee Dee L.
These were perfect in my aquarium as it provided my fishes with hiding spots and oxygen. I found that the more live plants I had in the aquarium, the less algae I had. You will need a minimum of 8 hours of light for the plants to be healthy.
Lyndsay M.
Cobleskill
I buy all my plants from pet smart. Plants are still living after years and theyre growing great. They're easy to get and plant. I would definitely recommend, especially this java fern because it's so beginner friendly.
Charlie g.
I love this java fern, I got it for my fish tank, i got the medium size, I has no idea how to grow a plant and it’s still growing a few months later, Not much light in my fish tank either, it’s a great plant for beginners ❤️ I would buy it again!
Diana D.
Marksville, LA
This added beautiful color to my tank when I had it up and running. My fish loved to hide in the grass. I wish I would’ve added more!! Very easy maintenance, and Petco has a great return policy. Would recommend 5/5.
Sherri G.
Birmingham
I bought this for a project at my daughter's school. The price was perfect and it was exactly what they needed for their terrarium. I would definitely buy this again.
Tina Nicole M.
El Mirage, AZ
I got this as a very small plant and it has grown exceptionally well in my 10 gallon fish tank. It is green and hardy. It thrives despite having 3 snails all over it!
Jessica P.
Mesquite
It’s done really well in my planted 60 gallon aquarium. I’m still a novice at planted aquariums, but out of all the plants I’ve put in there it’s thrived the most. My big Synodontis Catfish leaves it alone too.