Petsmart Green Mondo Grass uploaded by Cholista S.Petsmart Green Mondo Grass uploaded by Sabrina G.

BY PETSMART

An evergreen perennial, the Green Mondo Grass Plant grows smallwhite flowers and blue berries when gown on land. It boasts a shortstemusually no longer than 5 inchesand its long, linear leavescan reach lengths of 16 inches. Semi-aquatic Maximum height: 18" Thin, linear leaves Tank placement: Edge Water temperature: 72-78,° F Can grow fully or partially submersed Note: Plant availability is seasonal. State and localregulations may vary. Pricing may vary by store location. PetSmartstores cannot match the price above for this item. Ask a storeassociate for details. Things to remember: Water temperature: Semi-aquatic plants require a tropical community aquarium withwater temperatures ranging between 72-78,o F (22-26,o C). Use anaquarium heater to maintain water temperature. Adding plants: Whether you're just starting your aquarium or introducing newplants into your tank, make sure to add only one or two plants at atime. Lighting: Most tropical plants require sunlight each day, year round. Theduration and consistency are essential for plants to thrive. Natural aquariums must be equipped with the means to provide 12hours of simulated sunlight each day. Plant fertilizer: Fertilizer should only be added according to the dosageinstructions on the label, and only when needed (as in the case ofa water change). Plants will grow best if fertilized moderately andregularly after water changes rather than given larger quantitiesof fertilizer on a less-regular basis. Fish, amphibians and plants: Toads and frogs are highly recommended for a natural plantedaquarium- terrarium. Depending on the depth of the water and sizeof the amphibians and water temperature certain species of fish canbe added. Water changes: Test water weekly toassess water quality. It is recommended that10% of youraquarium water be changed per week. At the very least,25% of your aquariumwater should be changed per month. For optimalhealth, regular water changes not only prevent the undesirableaccumulation of excess nutrients, but also remove excess nitratesand waste products of the fish and plants. Aquarium placement: Place your aquarium in a low-traffic area, away from directsunlight and drafts. Planting your natural aquarium: Foreground plants: Usually stay very short and help fill in thefront part of the aquarium. Middle ground plants: These plants grow anywhere form 4-10inches tall. Background plants: These are the fastest-growing and tallestplants. Things to watch for: Poor growth Brown spots on leaves Plants appear weak, pale green to yellow, stems have fewleaves Plants cease to grow and die off Stem plants have long internodes and small leaves If you notice any of the signs described above, check youraquariumwater quality and consult an in-store AquaticsSpecialist. Size: Small. Color: Green. see more...

Dalene S.
Lake Stevens, WA
My husband purchased this for a 20gallon fresh water tank containing shrimp and cory catfish. It grew really long quite quickly and started spreading around the tank to form a sort of forest. It was gorgeous. Unfortunately the tank ran into trouble but the plants survived fine and continued to thrive through rebooting the tank. Very hardy.
Kate G.
Godley
I used to have this Mondo grass in my fish tank aquarium along with a turtle. The fish had no problem with it but the turtle liked to chew the leaves a lot. No problem with the product itself other than I will get a plant that isn’t so flowy next time, so my turtle isn’t as attracted to it.
Rian p.
round rock
Very good, it isnt as expensive as some of the other competitors, and it holds up nicely. I liked it at first until it started falling apart, I dont know if I did something wrong or what. But its okay if you ignore that fact
Destiny C.
chicago
I like these aquatic plants since the fish don’t seem to feed on them that much, though they do like to brush alongside it. Sometimes the fish can get caught in the bristles or the stalks can get caught in the filter however.
Sabrina S.
Philadelphia, PA
Purchased at: PetSmart
We got my niece a beta fish for her 2nd birthday, and we really liked the look of the grass in the tank. Our only problem was that the grass was a little long for the tank we had, so it stuck out of the top a little bit
Cholista S.
akron, oh
These make my tank look great. My fish seems to be okay with all of this in there. He is small right now but will get bigger so we will have to get a bigger tank. I’d recommend this to others. PetSmart is a nice store to shop at.
Ashli A.
Monroe, GA
Absolutely beautiful in my tank! My beta fish loves it and the color contrasts so well against the fish itself! The price was also amazing, I would highly recommend this to other beta or any fish owners honestly! If you have a fish, buy this item you wont regret it!
Nina M.
Avondale , AZ
I use to have fishies when I was living in my old apartment. I really wanted a puppy but they won't let me to have one. Any ways. I just bought this for decorations.
Crystal H.
The plants are for my fresh water fish tank they were pretty healthy when I got them although it is hard to get the gel stuff that’s on the roots off without hurting the roots so be cautious price wasn’t to bad for live plants
Faustino O.
Berwyn
Pretty decent plant. Not to great looking for me. It was fairly good for the price. Does need co2 for it to properly grow and great lighting but other than that i guess decent plant. Not my favorite but would recommend it.