Petsmart Green Cabomba

by PetSmart

Sometimes called Carolina Fanwort, Green Cabomba can beidentified by its feather-like leaves and can grow to be over afoot and a half tall. The plant's dense growth makes an idealaquarium background, and branches can be trimmed from the mainplant and re-anchored. Beware, though, of over-trimming or trimmingtoo frequently. Aquatic Maximum height: 20" Dense, feather-like leaves Tank placement: Background Water temperature: 72-78,° F Ideal for beginners Note: Plant availability is seasonal. State and localregulations may vary. Pricing may vary by store location. PetSmartstores cannot match the price above for this item. Ask a storeassociate for details. Things to Remember: Water temperature: Aquatic plants require a tropical community aquarium with watertemperaturesranging between 72-78,o F (22-26,o C). Use an aquariumheater to maintainwater temperature. Adding plants: Whether you're just starting your aquarium or introducing newplants into your tank, make sure to add only one or two plants at atime. Lighting: Most tropical plants require sunlight each day, year round. Theduration and consistency are essential for plants to thrive. Natural aquariums must be equipped with the means to provide 12hours of simulated sunlight each day. Plant fertilizer: Fertilizer should only be added according to the dosageinstructions on the label, and only when needed (as in the case ofa water change). Plants will grow best if fertilized moderately andregularly after water changes rather than given larger quantitiesof fertilizer on a less-regular basis. Fish and plants: Small schooling fish are highly recommended for a natural plantedaquarium; larger fish often uproot plants. The adult size andeating habitats of a fish should always be taken intoconsideration. Water changes: Test water weekly to assess water quality. It is recommended that10% of youraquarium water be changed per week. At the very least,25% of your aquariumwater should be changed per month. For optimalhealth, regular water changes not only prevent the undesirableaccumulation of excess nutrients, but also remove excess nitratesand waste products of the fish and plants. Aquarium placement: Place your aquarium in a low-traffic area, away from directsunlight and drafts. Planting your natural aquarium: Foreground plants: Usually stay very short and help fill in thefront part of the aquarium. Middle ground plants: These plants grow anywhere form 4-10 inchestall. Background plants: These are the fastest-growing and tallestplants. Things to watch for: Poor growth Brown spots on leaves Plants appear weak, pale green to yellow, stems have fewleaves Plants cease to grow and die off Stem plants have long internodes and small leaves If you notice any of the signs described above, check youraquariumwater quality and consult an in-store AquaticsSpecialist. Size: Small. Color: Green.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Petsmart Green Cabomba!
How would you rate this product?
East canton, OH
Bought this for my fish tank and it didn’t last too long. It was decently priced so that’s good. My fish seemed to like to hide in it. Probably wouldn’t buy again though.
Monroe, GA
Much bigger in real life then pictures! The fish absolutely adore it! It's amazing for any kind of fish, tank, and tank decor! Not too simple nor too elegant its somewhere perfectly and beautifully in the middle! I'm very VERY happy with my purchase and recommend it to all of my friends!
Spring Valley
This prouduct isnt very good i got it for my fish and it just looks very very  cheap with all of my plants in thier aquarium and my fishy are cichlids so there pretty big i thing that this item is at a good value and no if your asking me i would not buy this prouduct again.
Love this tank plant it's such a Hardy plant looks great in the fish tank and reproduces I've shared mine with my mother many a time for her tank because the plant grows good price for it to
San Diego
Grows. like. CRAZY. Lol I always tell people it’ll take a month or two to start up but it will explode after that! I will have clippings for daaaayyyss. GREAT background cover plant!
Beaverton, OR
Very beautiful in the tank, I love the deepish green it had in the water. It didnt work how I wanted it too with the black light, but other than that I loved it.
Rosedale
When I had a fish, they would love to hide behind it and play. Very very good product. Only con is it’s bigger than expected. Over all great product! Definitely was what I expected other than the size. Would recommend to fish owners with big tanks!
Lexington, KY
I put this in my tank for my turtles to hide behind and the love it! I did have to really secure it to the bottom because they kept pushing it around but over all I’m happy with how it looks!
Orem, UT
I use to buy my plants for my aquarium at pet smart but they always died the same week we bought them so I don’t feel like they’re worth it
winterville
I have 12 of theses in my fish tank. I dont have a problem with them breaking or coming up out of the rocks. My fish dont mess with it

Looking for your answer?