BY PETSAFE

Features Wireless radio-fence containment system for pets weighing 8 pounds or more Covers an adjustable circular area of up to a 1/2 acre Receiver delivers safe static correction when pet strays into warning zone Waterproof receiver collar uses 6-volt battery; setup and training manual included Transmitter measures 8-1/2 by 9 by 9 inches; receiver measures 1 by 2 by 1 inches see more...

• Does this have a vibration setting, or only the shock set...2 Answers
  • What is the difference between this system and the standa...3 Answers
PetSafe Premium Wireless Fence
  • "My in-laws have this on their farm- it works wonders for their german shorthair who was trained in less than an hour." in 1 review
  • "I have a Great Dane puppy that kept going to the neighbors house and digging up her flowers and stealing garden lights and anything else that wasn't tied down and bringing it home." in 1 review
  • "Nutmeg was 8 months old when we started using it & she was a quick learner." in 1 review
Paige G.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Having a samoyed puppy (high energy) and without a fenced in yard was impossibly hard. I debated between this and cheaper systems. I LOVE that it required absolutely no wires to bury, and that it run on a radio frequency and not wifi. It also has a backup battery in case the power goes out. After following the training instruction I had the collar set to the 2nd level correction. Bad move on my part, he ran through like the shock was nothing. After that we set it to high, and he's learned very quickly to listen to the soft beeps when he get close to the boundary edge. I love that the range is adjustable and you can connect more then one collar to the receiver. No issues with this at all, and it has been an absolute life saver!!

The price is steep but WELL worth the cost!!!
Amy M.
Waterford, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I had the in-ground fence version, but got this for a quick set up at my boyfriend's house. It is pricey, but when you consider the alternative is your furbaby getting hurt it is definitely worth the money. I got mine from the PetSafe website, but I know they are also available at PetCo. I would recommend this to dog owners who either have smaller dogs, or mild mannered dogs.

There are two things I do not like about this fence system is that it doesn't have a very strong shock level for high energy, stubborn dogs. I know they make a different, rechargeable collar that is compatible but is more expensive. The other thing I don't like is that there isn't an exact, set boundary with this. It fluctuates very slightly and can be affected by things like vehicles or power lines.
Rebekah F.
This has been a life saver. My pitbull was resistant to the training but after being shocked a couple times he learned and now refuses to go anywhere near the beep. My shepherd learned very quickly and hasn't been shocked nearly as much as the pit. I love that it's portable. I take it to my parents house when they are watching my dogs and my dogs understand their boundaries perfectly. I've had it for over 2 years now and I'll use nothing else. It's perfect.
Michelle P.
Sunbury , OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This is perfect for our dogs. We don't have to worry about them running into the road and they have the freedom to roam the yard freely. We have a lab pit mix and a lab something mix. We've bought replacement collars
Kayla E.
Cresco, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I have been using this for about 8 years with my two dogs. The fence works, they hear the noise and back off. It is easy to set up and use, the only downfall is the battery dies wuicky and are super expensive. Not only that, but the receiver on the collar is REALLY expensive to replace.
Allie |.
Olmsted Twp, OH
Have used this for 2 years and will not buy anything other than this! I have 2 beagles and they are runners! But they had never ever gone outside the perimeter! Love that the signal is all from the box you don’t have to dig and plant a wire in your yard!
Christy D.
Long Island, VA
I have a Great Dane puppy that kept going to the neighbors house and digging up her flowers and stealing garden lights and anything else that wasn't tied down and bringing it home. I bought this hoping it would keep her in our yard and it does. She was trained to it fairly quickly and she stays well inside of the boundaries. She doesn't chase the kids out of the boundaries or our other dogs that are well mannered and do not go to the neighbors home. I do recommend though if you are going to take your dog for a walk outside of the boundary to drive them over it. Lexi (the Dane) wouldn't go outside of the fence even though she wasn't wearing the collar.
Christa M.
This works wonders for us. my dog used to get out of everything when she was outside, a cage, a chain,etc. We took a chance and bought this at tractor supply and boy was it worth it. It took each dog getting shocked one time and that was it. you can adjust how far you want the range to be, up to 1 acre I believe.You can also set how high you want the shock intensity to be. It has a warning beep if they get to close to the boundaries and my dogs hear it and turn around. This has been a lifesaver!
Erin B.
Alton, IL
This product could use some work. My dog was unable to go certain places in our house because he would get zapped. Even when the perimeter is all the way up. We love sitting out by the pool in the summer, but my dog was unable to come into the metal fence without getting buzzed. If they could work out the kinks this would be a great product
Amy B.
McRae
I purchased the wireless fence in March 2010 when my puppy was 3 months old. I had caught her in the road a few times and knew she would not last much longer if I didn't take action. I love this product. Batteries last 2-3 months. She loves her collar. She is now over 80 pounds but stays within the boundary. Well worth the money. Would recommend to anyone with a dog.
Maria Y.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
What is the difference between this system and the standard system? What makes it premium?
Christy M.
Does this have a vibration setting, or only the shock setting?