BY PETSAFE

Features Wireless radio-fence containment system for pets weighing 8 pounds or more Covers an adjustable circular area of up to a 1/2 acre Receiver delivers safe static correction when pet strays into warning zone Waterproof receiver collar uses 6-volt battery; setup and training manual included Transmitter measures 8-1/2 by 9 by 9 inches; receiver measures 1 by 2 by 1 inches see more...

• Does this have a vibration setting, or only the shock setting? 2 Answers
  • What is the difference between this system and the standard syste...3 Answers
PetSafe Premium Wireless Fence
  • "Nutmeg was 8 months old when we started using it & she was a quick learner." in 1 review
  • "My in-laws have this on their farm- it works wonders for their german shorthair who was trained in less than an hour." in 1 review
  • "I have a Great Dane puppy that kept going to the neighbors house and digging up her flowers and stealing garden lights and anything else that wasn't tied down and bringing it home." in 1 review
Rebekah F.
This has been a life saver. My pitbull was resistant to the training but after being shocked a couple times he learned and now refuses to go anywhere near the beep. My shepherd learned very quickly and hasn't been shocked nearly as much as the pit. I love that it's portable. I take it to my parents house when they are watching my dogs and my dogs understand their boundaries perfectly. I've had it for over 2 years now and I'll use nothing else. It's perfect.
Erin B.
Alton, IL
This product could use some work. My dog was unable to go certain places in our house because he would get zapped. Even when the perimeter is all the way up. We love sitting out by the pool in the summer, but my dog was unable to come into the metal fence without getting buzzed. If they could work out the kinks this would be a great product
Stacy S.
Canastota
We used this system for our dogs at our camp. Unfortunately because everywhere it could plug in it was too close to metal. It didn't work right, the periminter was messed up and they would get zapped with the allowed area. We had to return it to the store.
Megan R.
Queensbury, NY
This fence is AMAZING. I use this for both my boxer and boxer/pit mix and they both were trained in under two hours! I love that I can use this in my yard and then bring it to a family members yard so I don't have to leave the dogs at home.
Amy M.
Waterford, PA
I had the in-ground fence version, but got this for a quick set up at my boyfriend's house. It is pricey, but when you consider the alternative is your furbaby getting hurt it is definitely worth the money. I got mine from the PetSafe website, but I know they are also available at PetCo. I would recommend this to dog owners who either have smaller dogs, or mild mannered dogs.

There are two things I do not like about this fence system is that it doesn't have a very strong shock level for high energy, stubborn dogs. I know they make a different, rechargeable collar that is compatible but is more expensive. The other thing I don't like is that there isn't an exact, set boundary with this. It fluctuates very slightly and can be affected by things like vehicles or power lines.
Michelle P.
Sunbury, OH
This is perfect for our dogs. We don't have to worry about them running into the road and they have the freedom to roam the yard freely. We have a lab pit mix and a lab something mix. We've bought replacement collars
Kayla E.
Cresco, PA
I have been using this for about 8 years with my two dogs. The fence works, they hear the noise and back off. It is easy to set up and use, the only downfall is the battery dies wuicky and are super expensive. Not only that, but the receiver on the collar is REALLY expensive to replace.
Christy D.
Long Island, VA
I have a Great Dane puppy that kept going to the neighbors house and digging up her flowers and stealing garden lights and anything else that wasn't tied down and bringing it home. I bought this hoping it would keep her in our yard and it does. She was trained to it fairly quickly and she stays well inside of the boundaries. She doesn't chase the kids out of the boundaries or our other dogs that are well mannered and do not go to the neighbors home. I do recommend though if you are going to take your dog for a walk outside of the boundary to drive them over it. Lexi (the Dane) wouldn't go outside of the fence even though she wasn't wearing the collar.
Amy B.
McRae
I purchased the wireless fence in March 2010 when my puppy was 3 months old. I had caught her in the road a few times and knew she would not last much longer if I didn't take action. I love this product. Batteries last 2-3 months. She loves her collar. She is now over 80 pounds but stays within the boundary. Well worth the money. Would recommend to anyone with a dog.
Jess F.
I adopted my dog when she was a year old so it wasn't as easy to train her to keep her from running away in our open yard as it would be with a puppy. I decided to purchase this product. I was really hesitant about it because I didn't want it to hurt her. It only gives out the smallest amount of volts and it is not painful or harmful to the dog just new and uncomfortable. It was great, I had put it on her and just hearing the warning beep she knew to stay away, Now she doesn't even need the collar after only a few day because it really taught her not to get close to the wired area. I definitely recommend this product to any dog owners with non-fenced in yards.
Maria Y.
What is the difference between this system and the standard system? What makes it premium?
Christy M.
Does this have a vibration setting, or only the shock setting?