BY PETSAFE

Parrot s, neighbor s dogs, car horns, believe it or not, these things can have a good time imitating your dog s bark and watching his shock collar blame the him for the barking violation. Other sounds too, such as the slam of a car door can erroneously trigger the overly sound-sensitive electric collar to do its thing. There are also vibration-sensitive collars, but, as benign as electric collars are, when can a dog clear its throat in peace if the collar can t distinguish between an innocent "heh-hum" and a "ruff"? With a unique duel-detection system that uses both vibration and sound sensors, as well as computer-controlled microprocessor technology to discriminate each bark from other external noises, the Deluxe Bark Control Collar is the most reliable bark detection technology available. When your dog barks, a harmless static correction is emitted. The collar auto see more...

Buy on PetSmart*
Stephanie G.
Middle Village, NY
I hate these collars. They hurt . I am a trainer/dog walker and i think this is taking the easy and cruel way out. Hire a trainer and they can help you with the barking. Sometimes your dog barks because he is bored. Give him long exercise walks, leave him things to do like Kongs , boxes with treats inside etc. there is always a better way
Kacy S.
Floyds Knobs, IN
Worthless. This does not train a dog not to bark. If you want to do that then you need to start actively training your dog. Seek out a professional trainer for help if you need it. One that teaches positive training.
Brandi M.
Indianapolis, IN
We recently moved and our puppy was having a difficult time adjusting. When we would leave for work, he would bark constantly! We had several complaints in our apartment complex even though we hadn't even lived there a month! We were aware his barking was annoying to our neighbors but never wanted to use something that would hurt our dog...we ended up having to get this to help with the day barking and then worked with him on the weekends when we could be at home more....He did learn very quickly not to bark, at first it broke my heart but using this in conjunction of working with him on the weekend, ended our barking problem rather quickly!
Fallon D.
gravel switch, ky
This collar helped for the first week or so but my stubborn pekingese soon figured out the tricks to this gadget. It is not sensitive enough to pick up on low grumbles or whimpers. It also wont register sharp quick barks. So while my dog wont go on a barking spree he will still make quite a bit more noise. It would probably work better on less stubborn dogs.
Rebecca C.
Lansdowne, PA
This is a great product to help stop your dog or puppy from barking at everyone and every car that passes by your house i the middle of the night. However, it only does so because it shocks the dogs vocal cords when they bark, which makes them stop because they realize that they get hurt every time they bark. Although I think it is cruel, it does work. The only bad thing is that when you remove the collar, or if your dog barks as you put it on (and feels the shock they get), it will be very difficult to put on. I also found it difficult to properly position it on my small dog.
Erica G.
Madison Hts, MI
Not a fan of products like these, when there are equally effective ways to train your dog without the shock. That aside, i really haven't known anyone who has tried this type of product that has had success with it anyways.
Laurie W.
I have had excellent success with the on our first and current dogs. High pitched screechy dog barks are the worst, and our dog has them. (the kind that makes your neighbors call the cops).

What I find interesting about these collars is that they keep our dog from barking, and help to keep her calm.
Kathleen H.
Austin, TX
We only got the bark collar for Molly as the HOA was threatening action over her barking- all other methods of curbing her barking failed, so this was our last resort. Well, one zap and she got the message. She still barks, but its not the frantic, incessant, hyper dog barking it used to be- MUCH more manageable. We only use the collar when she is having a fit over something that is beyond our control (kids playing in the neighborhood, etc)
Abbey D.
My fiancés dog is a barker. And an annoying one since he is little. He likes to bark at everything even small noises. We got this hoping it would help. When it actually works it stops his barking but it doesn't always work.
Rachel O.
Greeley, CO
My sister uses this on her Chihuahuas since they bark so much. They work great but you have to be really careful not to or them on a high seeing that is too much for the dog to handle because it can hurry them pretty bad.
Tasha C.
Is this safe for the small breeds (say under 4lbs)?
Sara D.
New Castle, PA
I am looking for a solution to stop my 2 small dogs from barking over every little noise all day and night, however, I do not want to cause any harm to them. Is this collar an actual shock of electricity or is more like static electricity?
Michelle N.
Lexington, KY
How expensive is this? Does it work?