BY PETSAFE

Parrot s, neighbor s dogs, car horns, believe it or not, these things can have a good time imitating your dog s bark and watching his shock collar blame the him for the barking violation. Other sounds too, such as the slam of a car door can erroneously trigger the overly sound-sensitive electric collar to do its thing. There are also vibration-sensitive collars, but, as benign as electric collars are, when can a dog clear its throat in peace if the collar can t distinguish between an innocent "heh-hum" and a "ruff"? With a unique duel-detection system that uses both vibration and sound sensors, as well as computer-controlled microprocessor technology to discriminate each bark from other external noises, the Deluxe Bark Control Collar is the most reliable bark detection technology available. When your dog barks, a harmless static correction is emitted. The collar auto see more...

Buy on PETCO*
Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.
Middle Village, NY
I hate these collars. They hurt . I am a trainer/dog walker and i think this is taking the easy and cruel way out. Hire a trainer and they can help you with the barking. Sometimes your dog barks because he is bored. Give him long exercise walks, leave him things to do like Kongs , boxes with treats inside etc. there is always a better way
Kacy S.
Kacy S.
Floyds Knobs, IN
Worthless. This does not train a dog not to bark. If you want to do that then you need to start actively training your dog. Seek out a professional trainer for help if you need it. One that teaches positive training.
Rachel O.
Rachel O.
Greeley, CO
My sister uses this on her Chihuahuas since they bark so much. They work great but you have to be really careful not to or them on a high seeing that is too much for the dog to handle because it can hurry them pretty bad.
Angela D.
Angela D.
Plattsmouth, NE
I bought this collar in hopes that my coonhound would stop barking all the time and the very first time he barked I could tell that he felt it and then he kept barking like he had no collar on.
Kathleen H.
Kathleen H.
Austin, TX
We only got the bark collar for Molly as the HOA was threatening action over her barking- all other methods of curbing her barking failed, so this was our last resort. Well, one zap and she got the message. She still barks, but its not the frantic, incessant, hyper dog barking it used to be- MUCH more manageable. We only use the collar when she is having a fit over something that is beyond our control (kids playing in the neighborhood, etc)
Brandi M.
Brandi M.
Indianapolis, IN
We recently moved and our puppy was having a difficult time adjusting. When we would leave for work, he would bark constantly! We had several complaints in our apartment complex even though we hadn't even lived there a month! We were aware his barking was annoying to our neighbors but never wanted to use something that would hurt our dog...we ended up having to get this to help with the day barking and then worked with him on the weekends when we could be at home more....He did learn very quickly not to bark, at first it broke my heart but using this in conjunction of working with him on the weekend, ended our barking problem rather quickly!
Julia W.
Julia W.
Corp Christi, TX
When my beagle was going through a terrible barking phase, I had no choice but to use a bark collar so she wouldn't upset my roommates. She got zapped once and never barked while the collar was on! Problem solved!
Caitlyn M.
Caitlyn M.
KY
My dog had ones of these and it worked really well at first. Eventually it started working periodically until it just gave out. The battery needed replaced often too.
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
Las Vegas, NV
I've used this bark collar for years for both my German Shepherds. Its effective, after the first shock, they get the point and don't bark while wearing it. Whenever they're outside without it, they bark at everything from the dog across the street to the bird flying overhead.
Erica G.
Erica G.
Madison Hts, MI
Not a fan of products like these, when there are equally effective ways to train your dog without the shock. That aside, i really haven't known anyone who has tried this type of product that has had success with it anyways.
Tasha C.
Tasha C.
Is this safe for the small breeds (say under 4lbs)?
Sara D.
Sara D.
New Castle, PA
I am looking for a solution to stop my 2 small dogs from barking over every little noise all day and night, however, I do not want to cause any harm to them. Is this collar an actual shock of electricity or is more like static electricity?
Michelle N.
Michelle N.
Lexington, KY
How expensive is this? Does it work?