Peter Thomas Roth Skin to Die For No- Filter Mattifying Primer & Complexion Perfector

BY PETER THOMAS ROTH #97 in Face Primer

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A sheer, lightweight, mattifying primer that provides instant results with long-term benefits. Solutions for:- Pores- Fine lines and wrinkles- Oiliness AuraSpheres and Gransil EP-9 instantly blur, fill, and reduce the look of pores, fine lines, and imperfections. A powerful mattifying complex absorbs excess oil with AberMat™ while powerful Disa-Pore 20 and Evermat™ help reduce the appearance of pore size and shape over time. Great to use under makeup for flawless, professional-looking results, or alone for a naturally beautiful, no-filter look, this primer features a subtle, universal tint that instantly blends with any skin tone and shade.

• Also, does it help with the look pores overtime? As it cl...1 Answers
  • Does this fill in pores?2 Answers
  • What other product does this compare to?1 Answers
  • "i have very oily skin and this helped keep me matte throughout most of my day. it was easy to apply and small amount needed. it minimizes and smoothed out my pores on my nose and my cheek area and if it creates lasting effects on my skin like it is supposed to i will purchase again." in 18 reviews
Christain S.
Greensboro, NC
I received this product in a beauty subscription bag to try, and I'm so glad I tried this. I have combination skin with redness issues, and this made my skin look amazing and matte. It is super easy to apply, and has the consistency of a thicker primer. It has a nude color that blends and matches the skin (at least for me). It filled in my pores, and left my skin really smooth. My makeup went on effortlessly, and looked great. It's a bit pricey for a primer, but really works wonders on the skin.
Noa S.
Raleigh
I got this in one of my Sephora play boxes recently. This primer comes out of the tube tinted but it actually sheers out very nicely on the skin and definitely does some blurring, especially to areas where I have enlarged pores. Not as blurring as, say, Smashbox, but still good job. Makes the skin feel super smooth and matte, which is what I need for my oily skin. Also, I was sweating quite heavily in the sun and my makeup held up very well. I didn't look like a grease ball.
I won't purchase the full size because it is not cruelty free.
Ruth E.
I have very complicated skin: it’s dry, sensitive, it reacts to everything, and oily products and make me too oily/break out.
Most high end primers seem to have this weird coat film that clogged my pores badly and made my skin look oily. I can thankfully say the other way around with this product. Prior to adding any moisturizer, my skin looks very ashy, but after applying this, it looked very alive and moisturized without the oil factor. Makeup holds in well and my skin isn’t clogged. A little goes a long well so it’s a good price.
Cat M.
Charlotte, NC
PTR’s skincare is a favorite of mine, and I also tend to lean more favorably towards primers that skincare brands release more-so than typical makeup lines. This is no exception. The Skin To Die For primer is lightweight and non-drying, while minimizing pores, mattifying, and extending the wear of makeup. I have sensitive combination skin, and a lot of primers either dry me out, break me out, or break down my foundation. PTR’s has become a go to for me, reminiscent of a long time fave of mine, Korres’ pomegranate primer.
Nikki M.
This primer is my current favorite primer! I received it as a sample and have been able to use it a few times for both indoor and outdoor events (a test for the weather!) The first thing I noticed is how smoothly the primer spread, and the second was how quickly it seemed to disappear into my skin. It's weightless. "Skin to die for" was effortless to use and worked well in combination with my other base products.
April C.
Renton, WA
This is THE BEST primer I have ever tried!  Somehow it smooths my skin and makes me look fantastic everyday!  I have tried every primer it seems- and this is the one for me!  I have 44 year old, normal to dry skin.  You just need a pea sized amount or less, I put it all over my entire face and my skin looks amazing with foundation- and I've been using a drugstore foundation!!!!  I am very impressed with this product and will be repurchasing as soon as I am out!
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
This is a really good primer. I received in my monthly subscription box and I have had bad experiences with a couple products from this brand making me look like a pumpkin and I was afraid this would be no different. It comes out of the tube a dark tan color but supposedly has a subtle universal tint to blend to any shade/tone (cc cream and 24kt claim same thing but turned me orange) surprisingly it did blend perfectly and was a perfection filter. It blurred imperfections and pores while giving me a noticable matte look. It also kept me matte all day long which was nice. It has long term benefits too which I guess is an added bonus. I don't look to my cosmetics for skincare because I have a great skincare routine already so that's not a selling point for me personally. I would consider purchasing it maybe but I already have a primer that does the same thing but I prefer. I'd recommend that over this but this is a good primer and it would benefit anyone that uses it I think
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
What a great primer! I received it in my Sephora Play box and I love it!
It is super easy to blend and apply. It has a nude color and its texture is very creamy and just a bit greasy. My skin felt amazing and my makeup looked fresh and matte. I definitely feel a matte finish to my foundation.
It covered my pores and make my skin smooth but didn’t really make my fine lines disappear. It is pricey too. I’m glad I got to try it but I’m not too sure I’ll purchase it.
Hayley C.
I had just sworn off primers when I received this in a beauty bag. I have been dealing with issues with my foundation separating around my nose due to oiliness plus issues with primers reacting with foundation. I wore this on a whim before a party at night and my makeup stayed 100% intact all night long. I was completely shocked how smooth my skin looked and how well my foundation reacted with this primer. I will repurchase this, it's the only primer I will use from now on.
Carly S.
I received this in my Sephora PLAY box. The primer is non-scented and does not irritate my sensitive skin. Yay! It fills pores pretty good as well. It doesn’t create an even finish ALL day (this might be due to my crappy setting spray), so that’s the reason for the -1 Star. I don’t think it evens out skin tone either, but it definitely fills pores.
Brandi C.
Las Vegas, NV
Does this have silicones in it?
Erin D.
Pittsford, NY
How does this compare to Dr Brandts pores no more primer? Dr. Brandt® Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer
Alecia K.
Osceola, IA
Does this fill in pores?
Christina K.
Whitestone, NY
Whenever I try this in Sephora it comes out with a lot of oil? Is that the actual formula or is it just because the Sephora tester has been sitting there for a long time? Is there a way to stop the primer from separating?
Drew C.
Rialto, CA
How is the consistency? Is it anything like Pore Filler from NYX?