BY PETER THOMAS ROTH #4 in Facial Peels

A powerful, highly effective exfoliating treatment to address a dull, aging, and congested complexion. This powerful yet gently exfoliating treatment works in three ways: exfoliates with pumpkin enzyme, peels with alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), and polishes with aluminum oxide. It reveals smoother, younger-looking, radiant, and revitalized skin.

• Is this good for dry skin?2 Answers
  • Is this better than the Glamglow exfoliater?1 Answers
  • Is this a seasonal product? Or is it available all year? ...1 Answers
Katniss G.
For someone who "doesn't look" her age, I try and stay on top of "natural"
skin care products to keep that status. LOL

A friend of mine, who is a dermatologist, swears by this Peter Thomas Roth
Pumpkin Enzyme Mask and told me to use it once a week. She said it will
burn like h*ll, but it will smooth out the skin, refining those lines and
evenutally lighten those brown spots. (Use to be a sun bunny, and well, now
I regret it!)

This jar was a bit pricey and I have only used it twice, but plan on sticking it out, even though it feels like my face is on fire for the 3
minutes I keep it on.

Maybe I will come back to this review and update my findings in a month or
two.
Luisa C.
Henderson, NV
This mask is not for everyone let’s start off with that. The mask is a 3-in-1 exfoliator. It contains pumpkin enzyme, AHA and aluminum oxide powder; it is pretty strong, you can expect to experience anywhere from a slight tingling, to your face burning like fire ants. I like the smell of pumpkin and spice during this time but I actually don’t like eating pumpkin very much. If you’re not a pumpkin fan at all, stay away. The mask smells just like fall, like pumpkin with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. The texture is just like pumpkin puree with a very fine gritty texture from the aluminum oxide powder. The aluminum oxide powder is like diamond dust that helps to micro-polish the skin. I apply a thin layer of mask and leave it on for the recommended time of 3-7min, I than wet my hand and massage in circular motion but you have to be super careful not to over exfoliate and damage your skin barrier. I use this mask once a week, it is recommended to use once or twice per week. This mask is supposed to resurface your skin, even skin tone, smooth fine lines and wrinkles. For me this mask instantly brightens my skin without over drying, it leaves me with very smooth skin that lasts several days. I found this mask on at Costco for around $30. It has quickly become a favorite and I highly recommended it but not if you have any sort of blemish because it’s going to burn. My skin is sometimes sensitive but it handles this one but over massaging with this mask is a certainly no-no for sensitive skin.
Leslie L.
Gilbert, Az
I am in love! I bought this mask based on the recommendation of a beauty you tuber. As soon as it arrived I immediately washed my face and tried out this mask. The directions tell you to apply a thin layer to the face and rub in circular motions. I quickly found out that if you put too much on in one area it will not properly exfoliate. You can feel the grit when it is doing its job and exfoliating. It smells exactly like pumpkin pie. Heaven. I left the mask on for the full 7 minutes. Directions say 3-7 minutes. My skin was very soft smooth and vibrant after. I immediately pulled my teen daughters into my bathroom and started making them use the mask also because I loved it so much! The mask is very powerful and is said to do many things. It claims to exfoliate, resurface the skin, remove fine lines and wrinkles and brightens the skin and helps with pores. I’m going to continue to use this mask twice a week as it recommends to see if it does help with fine lines.
Definitely recommend!!
Heather O.
Columbus, Ohio
I freakin love this stuff!!! My skin feels softer than ever before after using it. It literally feels like baby’s skin. It does sting quite a bit when you put it on, but as soon as you rinse it off it feels back to normal. I was afraid my face would be red, but it looked great! I kind of like the sting because I feel like it’s actually doing something. I can’t stop feeling my face after I use this. You just need a little bit, so the jar lasts a long time. Let’s not forget about the smell. It smells like you’re putting pumpkin pie all over your face and it’s amazing. It will make you miss fall! It’s so underrated in my book.
Taylor R.
atlanta, ga
I got this product in a set from ulta and I LOVE IT!!! It makes my skin feel SO beautiful and refreshed and the best part? It smells EXACTLY like pumpkin pie. Exactly. It's wonderful and I would recommend to everyone who just wants a pamper night! However I would not advise using it if you are out in the sun all day long BC there are ingredients in this product that will end up damaging your skin if you go into direct sunlight for the whole week starting the day you used it. Other than that I love this stuff!
Ivette Z.
Amazing. I figured out that these peels were much more affective on my skin than face scrubs which only made my skin redder and didn’t help out my acne. It’s a little on the pricey side but it’s absolutely worth it. I put his on my face and then go in lightly with wet fingers to activate the mask. I leave it on for the full 7 minutes. It stings a little but nothing painful. The tingle gradually goes away the longer you have it on. Once you wash it off your face is immediately smoother. It might be a little red for about 15 minutes but to me that just means it went in there and did some work. The next morning my face is always brighter and smoother. Any acne or bumps incredibly go down a ton or are gone altogether. I use this religiously (2 times a week) every single week. I’m addicted to the results. I also go in with toner & q good moisturizer afterwards. To close up the pores and hydrate my skin. It’s just been peeled with enzymes so you want to make sure to pamper it and keep it hydrated. I’ll be repurchasing.
Natalie A.
WOW. This stuff is VERY strong.! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!! When I apply this mask, it's very tingly and kind of burns but in a good way. If that makes sense lol the ingredients are strong but it sure as hell works! It literally smells like pumpkin pie and has little chunks in it. It makes your pores practically invisible and your skin is very soft afterwards. Definitely make sure to moisturize after use. And I wouldn't use it too often. I say use it once every other week.
Michelle G.
Very good product and I love using it a lot during the fall/ winter. Smells like a pumpkin pie. It didn't burn my skin and when removed skin is left clean fresh and smooth. It exfoliates really nicely. I leave it on for about 10 minutes. I buy it whenever I can find a good deal on it otherwise it is a little expensive. I use it once a week or when my skin feels a bit rough and a really good exfoliation.
Cierra E.
Raeford, NC
I picked this up during the most recent Sephora VIB sale. This is the first product I have ever tried from Peter Thomas Roth. I was a little hesitant to try it, due to my oily, acne prone skin freaking out over anything new I try to use, but I went ahead a purchased because of all the awesome reviews. I am so glad I did. This mask is unlike anything I have ever tried. First of all, the SMELL. PUMPKIN PIE HEAVEN. After I applied it, there was a bit of tingling, but nothing too overwhelming. After I washed it off, my skin looked brighter and more radiant than it has in a LONG time. I feel like this mask also helped my breakout. When I woke up the next morning, my face had no redness and seemed to have went down a but where I was breaking out. I will continue to repurchase the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask this when I run out, as I have no idea how I lived without it before. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. If you're on the fence about getting it, DO IT. Your skin will thank you.
Morgan C.
Stafford, VA
I was hesitant to try this mask, because I don’t use them often. I’m so glad I ended up buying this mask! A little goes a long way, so the container is going to last me at least 6 months, if not a year. The smell is AMAZING. Think pumpkin spice latte but not overbearing. My skin felt a little hot after first applying it, but that quickly went away. My skin was absolutely glowing after I washed off the mask. I absolutely recommend this.
Carrie K.
Indianapolis, IN
Is this mask okay for sensitive skin or is it too harsh?
Victoria B.
Frederick, MD
Is this mask good for sensitive skin?
Mary M.
Troy, OH
Will this burn or sting the face? Also is there an expiration date on this product?
Lauren M.
Arlington, VA
Do you feel this product has any improvement effect on acne prone skin?
Rizwana D.
Surrey, BC
Does this mask helps improve the appearance of dark spots?