BY PETER THOMAS ROTH

The future of Vitamin C has arrived. Potent-C™ Targeted Spot Brightener unleashes the strength of powerful antioxidants and THD Ascorbate, an ultra-stable breakthrough form of Vitamin C that is 50 X more powerful than traditional Vitamin C. Packed with a concentration of 10% THD Ascorbate, this potent spot brightener is amplified by 3% Vitamin E and 2% Ferulic Acid, providing powerful antioxidant benefits. Gwennis and Angelys help reduce and brighten the look of dark spots, while Aloe and Allantoin help soothe the appearance of skin.

Usage:

Cleanse skin and spot treat affected area twice daily. Must use sunscreen daily to maintain results and prevent future discoloration.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, PEG-8 Beeswax, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ferulic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Dictyopteris Polypodioides Extract, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Potassium Bitartrate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

• Can this be use on the eye area to help with dark circles?32 Answers
  • I use this to help my Melasma on my upper lip. If I stop ...6 Answers
Mia L.
Gainesville, FL
I have combination oily/dry skin and have always been self conscious about my dark spots underneath my eyes and chin. I was really looking forward to trying this product because it promised to provide a solution for uneven skin tones and dark spots. Upon first application, I noticed the pleasant citrus smell of the product. A little goes a long way, and I only need a tiny dot of product to cover the dark spots under both of my eyes. Now that I have been using the spot brightener for about a week, I have definitely noticed an improvement in the size and appearance of my dark spots (and so have my friends and boyfriend)! I have not previously tried any spot brighteners, so I am so glad to have found one that is perfect for me and does not irritate my sensitive skin at all. It is well-formulated, smooth and light, and I don't feel like any product is wasted on my fingers. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this to a friend and to anyone with sensitive skin looking for a solution to dark spots or uneven skin tones! I received this product complimentary for testing purposes but all opinions are my own.
Tori L.
This was okay.. If you can get past the interesting smell it does what it's supposed to. For me the one thing that I. didn't like was the fact that it could get sticky when putting it on. With any product it takes time to see results, but I do believe that did it's job to some degree. I must say I like vitamin C serums more than I like this spot cream
Brittany F.
Scottsdale, AZ
I was lucky enough to receive this product from Influenster (along with the eye cream and serum), and I actually passed this one to my Mom to try. I had mentioned to her that I wasn’t sure how I would test this product with no dark spots (yet, haha). She expressed interest in giving it a go, so I sent it her way. This is the review she sent back to me, in her own words:
“The Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Targeted Spot Brightener has been quite effective on my 57-year-old skin. I chose to use the product on an area of my face that I considered a "lost cause" as far as brightening up, an area along my lower right cheek/jaw line, where years of HRT had created an elongated area of darkened skin, one of the side effects of HRT. The darkened area had abated somewhat now that I'm 4 years away from the medication, but I wanted to put this product to the test on a very difficult area created by medication side effects. It took about 7 days to notice that the area around the darker spots was brightening, but at day 10, the actual dark spots began to lighten up also. One of the best parts of the product for me was that it blended in within a few seconds with no residual oiliness or lingering scent whatsoever, enabling me to apply moisturizer much sooner than I expected, yet allowing the product to work nearest my skin well before applying other product layers. As always, I'm impressed when just a very tiny amount of product has a great coverage area, and this product excelled in that area for me. Overall, I believe this product was particularly beneficial for skin affected over a 17-year period from HRT. I will continue using the product.”
Fatima Z.
this is a good product and it did not irritate my skin however it took a long time for me to see immediate results. I might try to find a more natural alternative instead. I think if your spots are new this product will help a lot but if your spots are old it may not be strong enough to get rid of them
Amanda A.
It was Great! I have sensitive eyes so it bothered my eyes a little but i loved what it does ! The entire skin care line is amazing and super high quality! Just be cautious if you have a sensitive face or are allergic to anything so read ingredients throughly
Shannon T.
I've been using this product for a few months and I've wanted to like it & I've tried to look for a difference in my skin but I haven't seen any changes. I am younger so I don't have many dark spots but the ones I do have haven't faded since using this product.
Kati W.
San Diego
Peter Thomas Roth is the best of the best in seeing immediate and lasting results in skincare. The while potent-c line has incredible results. I think it must be such a strong concentrate of vitamin c that it brightens and clears immediately
Lisa W.
NE
I must always use a vitamin c product for my face. I have several types. Washes, masks, serums and day lotions. I am a serious skincare person now because I ignored my skin for so long and have a hefty price to pay for that. I like this one a lot and it smells nice. Nice brand and I like the packaging.
Ashley L.
Rockville
Purchased at: Sephora
This product seemed to brighten my skin and complexion. My skin appeared less dull and I had more an overall glow. It definitely takes time to work on acne scarring but overall I have seen improvement.
Carolann C.
Lanesville
Worked for me! Definitely saw visibly brighter areas where my acne scars and dark spots have accumulated over the years. A little goes a long way. Takes a while to see results.
Martina Satria R.
Seminole
Can this be use on the eye area to help with dark circles?
Kati G.
Newburgh, IN
I use this to help my Melasma on my upper lip. If I stop using it, will it come back?? Can i decrease use from daily to every other day when my skin has lightened??

Sephora