BY PETER THOMAS ROTH

A transparent SPF 45 mineral powder in a convenient brush applicator. Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF45 works immediately to block out the sun's harmful UVA, UVB, and infrared rays to help prevent sunburn, skin damage, freckling, and discoloration. The light, matte powder gives the complexion a smooth, radiant, youthful look. This finely milled, talc-free powder leaves a residue-free layer of sun protection to help skin maintain a soft, healthy look and feel. It is the perfect solution for mess-free touchups throughout the day.

Buy on Sephora
caitlin W.
I am extra paranoid about sun damage, so I use this as powder for touch ups throughout the day in addition to the SPF 50 I wear every day. It has a subtle finish, which I like, but the product design could be better - it shed black bristles all over my face at first, the lid cracked in my purse in the first week and it's generally counterintuitive (don't twist the bottom!). I'll probably repurchase, but for $30 at Sephora I won't be thrilled about it.
Lacie A.
West Jordan, UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this sunscreen, you can put it on over your makeup, any time you want, has a great bottle, the bottle closes from pulling it up, no leakage, you can store it anywhere. Lasts for a very long time and dermatologist actually recommend this sunscreen over any other basic sunscreens.
Veronica C.
Hayward
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my favorite Sunscreen ever! A lot of cream ones irritate and burn my eyes and I don’t like putting it over my makeup. This one is perfect because it’s a powder so it doesn’t irritate or burn my eyes and I can retouch this over my makeup without messing it up.
Alison B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this when I'm going to be outside for an event and want to wear sunscreen but don't want the shiny face/sunscreen smell that comes with it. It goes on matte and I don't have a problem with tint on my (very fair) skin. I wear a CC cream with SPF and this on top.
Amanda P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE this product!! I am not a huge make up fan in the summer in hot Orlando. This is the perfect combo of a lightweight coverage powder PLUS an spf! It is like two in one! And how fun is the packaging?! I have been a repeat customer already of this product.
Katie C.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am so torn on this product. On one hand it makes my life so easy to be able to quickly apply sunscreen on top of my makeup if I forgot to before application and to reapply throughout the day. It's also translucent, so I don't have to worry about my face looking weird from it. I use actives and retin-a, so sun protection is very important to me.

On the other hand there are many drawbacks to this product. One is that the container is not clear, so you can't see how much is left of the product. But really my biggest issue with this is how awful and cheap the brush is. It is complete and total crap. It isn't soft and constantly sheds everywhere. A $1 elf brush would be better than whatever they put on this. "A mess" is the best description of this brush.

I have noticed other similar products popping up, and will probably try those just so I can cut this awful brush out of my life. I purchased this at Sephora.
Jay A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product from Peter Thomas Roth. What I like is that its so easy to apply without a mess or having to wait for the product to dry before applying makeup or having to wash my hands after applying to my face. It has a light scent of makeup, but not at all bothersome. Very easy to use and easy to take even in a jean pocket. It not only protects my skin but it leaves it looking healthy. I received various compliments on the appearance of my skin. I admit I had a small issue getting the cap back on because I was trying to twist the bottom instead of pulling down as it clearly stated.
Ashley Sue B.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am very sad that I dislike this product so strongly. I bought it because it's mineral spf which I need for my rosacea, and it's translucent. Perfect for on-the-go days with makeup on... EXCEPT it ISN'T translucent. It's heavily orange pigmented, and mixed with sweat makes you look like an Oompah Loompa. Also, the brush is so scratchy. It's uncomfortable, at best. Nope. No thanks PTR. Lastly, the amount of Zinc Oxide in it is truly low, especially in comparison to how much you apply. It just falls short in every way.
Janelle D.
Edison, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product! I'm a makeup lover with oily skin so it's really hard to reapply sunscreen without messing up my look for the day or adding an extra heavy layer to my face. This sunblock powder is so easy to apply and amazing for oily skin. It's definitely a great powder to set makeup with also. The powder formula works well for tricky areas like along your hairline, between your hair part, the tops of your ears, etc. It's compact size makes it perfect for traveling and is small enough to fit in your purse. My only issue is that the cap is fragile and breaks very easily. Other than that, I would highly recommend this product.
Lynn S.
Prosper, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is GENIUS!!! I'm absolutely in love. It's a powder sunscreen that is perfect to add over your makeup, on the part of your hair (which regular sunscreen is the worst on) or anywhere for a touch up! I went out of on a boat with my family and we were in direct sunlight for over 2 hours. Each of us used this, since it's so easy to apply and no one got burned! I am passionate about sun protection and have tried dozens of sunscreens. This is perfect! It's a must have for your purse!
Rebecca D.
My face is very sensitive that being said is it hypoallebreak out and will it make me breakout anybody ?
Cynthia V.
Does this product give a flashback in pictures?
Genesis V.
Will it get nasty if I sweat while wearing this
Alicia M.
Dundalk, MD
Does this work after swimming? I like the idea of not being greasy, but not sure about how well it will work.
Eve M.
St. Albert, AB
does this leave a white cast at all?