Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

This unique peeling gel visibly exfoliates by rolling, lifting and sweeping away when massaged onto the skin as a result of physical and enzymatic mechanisms. Multi-action enzymes (Pineapple, Pomegranate and Keratinase) and cellulose effectively exfoliate for a smooth, fresh, new-looking complexion without drying, irritating or causing undue stress to the skin. Use code ESSENTIALS when you buy a select essential product and receive a second select essential product for free. Both products must be entered in cart for the coupon code to work. Code must be entered in cart before checkout. Offer ends April 19, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. See details.

How does the product works on u r skin tone perfectly?
Is this safe for sensitive skin?
Does this product actually work ? Is it worth the money ?
Start your review of Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel!
How would you rate this product?
Los Angeles, CA
Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel uploaded by Sara P.
Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel uploaded by Sara P.
LOVE! Cellulose: one of the main ingredients in this product. It adds to the “bunching” effect seen once you start using it. I immediately ordered the full size product after receiving a sample size in one of my Sephora orders. Personally, I have enjoyed how smooth and soft my face feels after using it in the mornings about 3-4 days out of the week. I tend to avoid exfoliating if I plan on dermaneedling that day. It doesn’t have a strong scent, if any scent at all, and takes off the dirt and debris from your skin like magic in SECONDS. I use about a dime sized amount on my forehead, cheeks and chin. I add a bit extra just for the tip of my nose. I simply wash my face with water and then follow with my moisturizers and serums. I think this product has been an amazing edition to my morning skincare routine. A chemical exfoliant definitely outweighs the gentle physical exfoliants (scrubs) on the market. I haven’t tried many peeling gels to compare this to and it is on the pricier side ($48 for 3.4oz).. but I don’t think I want to try anything else! Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Peeling Gel
Harrison
I have sensitive light tone skin that is both oily and dry depending on the time of year and temperatures. In the fall and winter I get eczema on my face, mostly on my cheeks and forehead. I will admit that with 70-80 percent of products I try, I end up breaking out on my skin...even from SPF or the type of oil included. For example, I cannot use foundation with SPF as it will cause breakouts for me. Keep this in mind because if you have eczema, especially on your face... I’m going to continue as to why this is 5 stars. I have tried almost all facial creams and I struggle to keep my makeup on for the full day because my skin gets so dry and flaky that I sometimes exfoliated multiple times a day just to prevent the embarrassing redness and dryness. I NEVER would have paid this much for a product/tried a product claiming (without explanation) to roll off dead skin without irritation given my reaction to most products. However, within two days of exfoliating with this product and applying moisturizer my skin is very soft and radiant. The overall feeling of my skin when I touch it after exfoliating and moisturizing is better than any SPA facial I’ve spent hundreds on; I encourage and recommend this product to anyone else who struggles with redness, skin sensitivity, dry skin and eczema as a face wash and solution.
Federal Way, WA
Purchased at: Sephora
I love me some Mr. Peter Thomas Roth. I was under the impression that this would be just another exfoliating product that claimed to scrub my sins away while doubling as a mask, and in a way, it was that and more. It started out feeling like a nice, mild exfoliant and I was already pleased enough with it because I hated my current one, but then I noticed the “Peeling” part of the wash, and all of my dead, ugly and dry skin was literally being washed away before my eyes! It honestly freaked me out at first because I thought that there’s no way my already dry skin could handle THAT MUCH skin coming off, but my face turned out to be so happy with me and was smooth as heII tbh. I looked and felt brand new. I think it’s a lovely product that I’ll definitely buy again in the future, but word to the wise, do a double cleanse after this just to make sure that all that skin that got peeled is really off. 8.5/10 would recommend 🔥🔥
Purchased at: ULTA
Ulta had a “love your skin event” and I was able to purchase this product for $25, when it is usually priced at $48! This is the first product I have tried from this line and I am blown away. This product literally peels your dead skin away. I have inly used it once, but the results were so drastic that I was compelled to write this review. I plan to use this product three times a week if my skin is alright with it. Suggested use is 2-3 times a week. It claims to leave skin feeling less bumpier and smoother and I am here to confirm that. Complete impulse buy turns into me being interested in further exploring the Peter Thomas Roth products. If anyone has any suggestions to the next product I should try. Do not hesitate to share!
San Jose
This Peter Thomas Roth FirmX peeling gel is amazing! I’ve heard all worth’s of arguments that the material that forms little balls is not skin, but cellulose. Let me just tell you this- it works! It softens the dead skin so that rubbing your face with your fingers is all that is needed to slough it off! I know that it’s dead skin coming off, because the first time I apply, lots sloughs off. I rinse and repeat, and do not get so much the second time around. That’s not to say I always use two applications- I don’t. But I did want to test the theory that it’s the gel itself and not dead skin. It is INDEED removing dead skin and my face is soft and smooth and glowing after using this peel!
Glencoe, IL
LOVE how obviously effective this peeling gel cleanser is when you’re done applying it and you have tiny balls of skin cells on your hands and your face (sounds so gross but it’s actually so satisfying and clean feeling). This leaves my skin baby soft. However... I used to use the same type of peel from Boscia - until my local Sephora didn’t carry it and I NEEDED something like it for my dry skin. A SEPHORA team member turned me on to this, but I can’t tell the difference between the Boscia and the PTR. The Boscia is also a much more reasonable cost... and I wouldn’t be afraid to use more of Boscia’s because of the price. I’m torn which to go back to when I run out of the PTR version !
leitchfield
Purchased at: Sephora
I love this product. The peeling gel visibly and gently exfoliates your skin. For someone with sensitive skin I would highly recommend this. It sheds all the dead skin off of your face , neck, or anywhere you put it. Because it is gentle, it helps refine your pores unlike regular exfoliates. Regular exfoliates scratch your pores, making them expand and more visible. I highly recommend everyone to try this product.
Mesa, AZ
Looking for something to INSTANTLY brighten and soften your complexion this is it! Not only is it quick and doesn't burn but it melts away dead skin and rough texture. It even helps improve the texture under eyes...you just have to be careful when you are massaging it under there to not get it into your eyeball. Of all the peels like this one, this has far exceeding the others in performance and quality. It is large and does last a while so if the price bothers you just know this is practically the only product you need. Wash face, use this leave it on for a few minutes rinse away and moisturize. It will change your skin for the better!!!
Purchased at: Sephora
This product does exfoliate BUT the pieces that come off are not your dead skin, it’s just a reaction of the ingredients to friction. So those little pieces do exfoliate your skin gently, but it’s not actually your skin as so many people think. Sure, a small portion of it may be tiny skin flakes but not nearly the bulk of it. It’s a decent product, no weird smells, and it doesn’t cause any adverse reactions to my sensitive skin. However, I think it’s pricey for what it is. I have a different brand that does the exact same thing that is a lot cheaper that I will occasionally use. Overall, this is just an okay product but nothing overtly incredible about it.
Austin, TX
I purchased this product on a whim from Target. I went to Target armed with a list of recommended beauty buys from The Internet and found this among other things. Of course I was skeptical at first. I tried as a first step in my morning skin care routine and found as others did that it pills up pretty badly. I don’t use makeup. Then I tried as a nighttime mask for about an hour, then rinsed and proceeded with the rest of my nighttime routine. I could definitely see a reduction in my facial lines the next morning. I’m hoping with the use of my Nuface Trinity to see results that are more permanent. For $28 I would purchase again.

104 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Oshawa, ON
il y a un mois
Madison D. • il y a un mois
I’ve rubbed this product against plastic before (as an accident and on purpose) and neither produces the same “dead skin” that rubbing this product on your skin does. I think it truly is dead skin, my skin always feels much smoother after I use it too! I cannot confirm that it is 100% dead skin but I’m pretty sure it is.