BY PETER THOMAS ROTH #2 in Facial Peels

This unique peeling gel visibly exfoliates by rolling, lifting and sweeping away when massaged onto the skin as a result of physical and enzymatic mechanisms. Multi-action enzymes (Pineapple, Pomegranate and Keratinase) and cellulose effectively exfoliate for a smooth, fresh, new-looking complexion without drying, irritating or causing undue stress to the skin. This customizable treatment for the most sensitive to the most resilient of skin types helps remove impurities while helping clean clogged pores for a youthful, radiant look.

Benefits:

Pineapple, Pomegranate & Keratinase Enzymes – help to exfoliate skin's surface.

Cellulose – an irritation-free, gentle exfoliant that helps to smooth the appearance of skin.

Glycerin & Hyaluronic Acid – humectants that help soothe and hydrate skin. Hyaluronic Acid helps improve hydration by attracting and retaining up to 1,000 times its weight in water from moisture in the air.

WATER/AQUA/EAU, PEG-32, CELLULOSE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA (BERGAMOT) FRUIT WATER, SORBITOL, R-BACILLUS LICHENIFORMIS KERATINASE, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, LACTOBACILLUS/PUNICA GRANATUM FRUIT FERMENT EXTRACT, LEUCONOSTOC/RADISH ROOT FERMENT FILTRATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID, TETRASODIUM EDTA, ALGIN, CARBOMER, TROMETHAMINE, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CALCIUM CHLORIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, MICA, PHENOXYETHANOL.

Julie M.
Overall, I do like this peeling gel. Whether or not it's worth the money... so far it doesn't seem so. The results come after continued use and I've been using for a few weeks. I received a sample in a subscription box and couldn't get a good indication on how good it was from the tiny amount in the sample, so I bought the full size because it seemed like it had potential. My initial thoughts after a few weeks of use are that it does freshen my skin up and brighten it. I use twice a week and put it on as directed and leave it on for a few minutes to get maximum results. I have noticed reduced congestion in my pores. First thing, i really truly do not think that the "pilling" is dead skin cells. I could be totally wrong and not justified in making that claim but I do not think that it is true. It does not completely remove all my access dead skin after I use it. I sometimes get flakes on my nose and it doesnt remove that. The same amount of pills form every time i use it, and if I have longer periods of time between uses you'd think there'd be more build up, therefore more pilling but there's not. I think it's just the product balling up. Which is fine, so far im seeing some results from this product so really it's a moot point. Although i do wish it cleared away more build up. Second, I have used other exfoliators that give better, faster results and give you more bang for your buck. But I do prefer a chemical exfoliator over a manual one. I will use this until I finish the bottle but whether I repurchase is tbt. I feel like I need to use it long enough to finish the bottle in order to know whether or not this tops other products I've used or is at least worth the money. I'll will update this review when I finish the bottle.
💕💖💕Elizabeth M.
I'd like to start off by saying I'm not gullible and I can feel skin being lifted off my face when I use this. The exfoliation is 100% REAL. My skin type is fair and sensitive and had become dehydrated. I changed up my regimen and added this as well as the PTR 3% Pro Retinoid plus. Amped up moisturizing steps in my regimens a few months later, my skin looks the best It ever has. Clear, bright, supple, plump and dewy.

Exfoliating is a must to clear out the debris and dry skin caused by the retinoid. My moisturizing serums and night cream work much better with skin that's clear.

The FirmX exfoliates without drying or irritating. You don't over scrub with a chemical exfoliate. It only picks up debris and does not rub off your healthy skin under the debris.And the active ingredients are superfoods and AHAs as well as soothing and hydrating ingredients. Just a wonderful formulation that you can literally see lifting dead skin and debris, them rolling into the product for super easy removal with a wash cloth.. it won't work if you don't haven't got dead skin and debris. I could put a fresh coating on right after the last and still get more dead skin because I had so much. Seeing it work right after you use it doesn't mean it didn't do anything the first time. It means one coat wasn't enough to clear everything out. Some spots take much longer to clear out than others.

It could take months to completely work and you must use a product that purges the build up so it's there to be exfoliated. And you must moisturizer more than usual and instead of clogging your pores with cream, look to hydrating cleansers, toners and serums too. This stuff is a complete game changer in the fight to reclaim control over your skin.
Shivani P.
This product was the first of its kind I’ve ever seen, and I haven’t bothered to try anything different!

A few years back, an Ulta employee showed me this when I was looking for an exfoliant. I was really confused when she explained the product to me, but then she demonstrated how it worked on one of my hands. The difference was AMAZING!!

This product helps smooth out your skin noticeably and brightens your skin without drying it out. What makes this product so unique is that there are no grainy exfoliants in there...you apply a smooth product and use circular motions across your face until you VISIBLY SEE DIRT COME OFF YOUR FACE! Don’t worry though, it’s just small amounts of the product crumpling together with dirt/dead skin with it.

Use it a couple times MAX per week over a couple weeks and your skin will improve as well! I had many people compliment the clarity of my face after using this. And best of all, you can use this on multiple parts of your body.

Love this product so much! And Id recommend it to almost anyone! Only warning is for those who have extremely sensitive skin...this may feel like it burns a little bit. If so avoid it! Otherwise definitely try it out!
Mary R.
Okay, so I went to Ulta and needed help because of my dry skin. The girl there asked if I was exfoliating and I said no because I have super dry and sensitive skin and did not want to irritate it more. She put the stuff on my hand and told me to massage it into my hand, and I did and saw stuff coming off of my hand, I asked her what all of that was, and she said it was dead skin. No joke, I stood there SHOCKED for a few minutes. She said to start off once a week, then do two times a week. It is gentle enough to use on my skin type and that will help with my foundation to not to cake up. She said that my face will feel like a baby's bottom. Again, SUPER skeptical, especially for the price point. This is by far the MOST expensive skin care product that I have purchased. So I get home, and cleanse my face and then use this product (a little goes a LONG way, so this product will last you a very long time, so it IS TOTALLY worth it!). I kid you not, I patted my face down and it literally felt like a baby's bottom, the lady at Ulta was right! I have been using this weekly ever since and it has changed my skin care routine immensely!
Dalila C.
A friend suggested me to try this skin care by Peter Thomas Roth. I am beyond amazed!

I have only used drugstore skin care products, of course it was because of my minimal budget. I am finally at a stage where I should step up my game. This purchase is totally worth it!

I bought the Cult Kit from PTR and the star product is Firmx Peeling Gel (this product is MAGIC!)

My dead skin literally fell off like lumps when I applied Peeling Gel onto my face. I didn't know I had that much dead skin and my face was so smooth I could never imagine it would be that way on my first application!

Ever since I have been applyingg the peeling gel for a couple times a week and there are lesser dead skin falling off from the first time using it, it does still give me the satisfaction however.

If you wanna try this, go get it. I think you will at least find one product in this kit that will suit you.
Lana V.
This is the best exfoliating scrub to use if you’re skin is sensitive. I’ve used a ton of scrubs but all were so harsh to my skin. The worst scrub was the st Ives one. Those micro beads that supposedly are good for your skin made me break out in hives on my face. This peter Roth one is the only one I use now after cleansing my face. Gentle enzymes get rid of all the dead surface skin. You put a quarter size in your hand of the scrub and start rubbing it into your skin. You can see all the dead skin come up as your scrubbing. There isn’t a strong fragrance to this which is great if you want something that won’t make your skin have that tingling, stinging feeling. Try it out! Go to sephora and ask for a sample of this. It’s pricy, but when it comes to taking care of your skin you get what you pay for!
Amber R.
This stuff is amazing. Most peeling girls just funk up to look like they’re working but I can actually see the difference on my flaky skin. When I have really flaky spots I use this and it pulls the spots off exfoliating my skin. I use the smoothing lotion by Peter Thomas Roth after and I noticed results that very day. Most of my flakiness is from my combination skin type but I also pick at zits so this product works really well to help even out the skin that’s flaky. I will repurchase this item when so run out here in a year or so.
Savannah F.
Maryville, IL
I randomly picked this up at work one day and tried it on my hand just to see how many dead skin cells would come off. After trying it in that one area, I decided to try other parts of my body where I had very dry skin and was amazed how much actually came off. This stuff is pricey but worth every penny. I have tried a few different exfoliants but I love how this one doesn't have that rough texture. My skin can be very sensitive so this was a good choice for me. I will continue to keep buying this.
Andrea J.
Fairfield
OMG. This stuff. Wow. Ok so this is such a unique product. I actually use it in place of washing my face when In a hurry. It is gentle enough to use everyday. It is a gel that exfoliates and cleanses at same time. You’ll see the product ball up taking dirt and yuckiness with it as it comes off. I’m always surprised at how much stuff comes off even after I washed my face the night before. Go into a store and try on the back of your hand. You’ll be sold. The way it makes your skin feel is like nothing I’ve ever felt. It’s like new new baby soft!!! I got during Ultas 21 days of skin care so I got it for half off which was great but I’d pay full price all day long!
Devan K.
Clarksville , PA
I went into Sephora looking for some skin care product to make me glow. Peter Thomas Roth products were always a go to for me but I had never seen this one. The lady demonstrated it on the back of my hand- as I worked it into my skin it started to clump up ( that was the dead skin lifting off my hand) I was so amazed. It was so gentle, no burning or stinging it was just like a gentle cleaning. I told her forget the sample because I already committed to buying it. I use it once or twice a week and immediately see the results of smoother skin. I’m typically oily and get some hormonal breakouts so when I use this it’s an instant fix to any problem I see about to start up
Rebekah W.
Is this product worth the splurge? And are there any comparable products that I should look into before purchasing this?
Allie V.
Raleigh, NC
How often do you use??
I'm extremely interested in this product but just want to know more about it ! It is a little pricey so I just want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth. Help please ! (Only if you've actually tried it )
Gianni C.
Laredo, TX
Has anyone used this before? What was your experience with it? I'm very interested in buying it.
Emilee G.
How well does this mask work as an exfoliater??