Add a Photo

By PETER THOMAS ROTH
#70 in Face Masks
An ultra gentle, ultra soothing, hydrating and calming gel masque.
Photos (35)
Alyssa N.
Alyssa N.

I became a fan of Peter Thomas Roth products after using his face wash and using this gel mask. It’s another hydrating face mask that is super gentle and can be used daily (although I usually use it 2-3 times a week), much like the Fresh Rose Mask that I reviewed last week.

I said in my review last week that the Fresh Rose Mask just wasn’t for me, especially considering the cost ($62 for 100 ml), but this mask is more my style. It feels super hydrating going on and I love how healthy and rejuvenated my skin looks and feels after using it. This is my go-to post-plane mask. I fly a fair amount and hate how it damages my skin, but this perks it right back up. The best part? $52 for 150 ml. Cheaper and I feel like it works so much better! Love it!

My skin is sensitive, so it’s always nice to find a product that works without irritating it to bits. I get no breakouts or redness; in fact, I feel like this calms everything down on my face and keeps it happy. It’s a bit of an investment, but I think it’s very worth it if you’re looking for something to add a little extra hydration to your skin.
Lindsey <.
Lindsey <.
Germantown, MD

I love this product ! It refreshes my face & you get the same type of cooling as when you put aloe on your face. I got this as a gift from sephora on my birthday & I have the 1 oz bottle. I use this when my face feels dry and it makes it more moisturized. I looked up the prices & I'm sure there are other face masks out there that work just as well & are cheaper, but I do like this product. i will add a video that tells you more about this product & I'm not saying all of this is true & I'm not saying all of this is a lie. But if you want more information on it from the company it will be right here. Also I apologize for answering the question below twice. It was a straight accident. & if you guys have any questions about this product go ahead & ask & I will do my best to answer it <3
Sweenly L.
Sweenly L.
Brooklyn, NY

I really like this product! It claims to moisturize and calm your skin all at once. You can use it as a moisturizer AND a face mask! Very versatile product. I used this in place of a cream moisturizer for a period of time. It's NOT as moisturizing as a real cream moisturizer but my skin was not dry and flaky - which it usually gets if I don't moisturize so I presume it works! I have been getting really sweaty and oily in the summer so cream moisturizers have not been my friend. This has really been a great replacement.

It smells really great and just feels great on your skin. It's very cool so that's probably where the calming aspect of this product comes in. The shelf life of this product is 2 years, so I would definitely invest in one of these and you can use it long-term.
Kim M.
Kim M.

I have tried a variety of PTR masks and some of them I love but this one is just meh. I have dry, sensitive/finicky skin and I was really expecting to love this but it just doesn't seem to do much. In terms of hydrating, it doesn't really seem to make a difference on my skin, but maybe that's just because I have very dry skin. It is a bit calming for my skin and can reduce redness a bit, but it isn't anything a $4 sheet mask could do and the results don't last more than a day. If you want to try a PTR mask I highly recommend the moor mud and the pumpkin enzyme masks. The blue algae, rose stem cell, and this mask all have practically the same result on my skin. I'd say to pass on this mask because you can save a ton of money getting a cheaper mask that gives the same result
Jo Anne R.
Jo Anne R.
Cuyahoga Fls, OH

If you know me, you know its no secret I love Peter Thomas Roth Luxoury Brand Skin Care! With so many great gel, serum, or cream masks to choose from, I narrowed my search down. This P.T.R. Cucumber Gel Mask is cooling, soothing, detoxifying, hydrating, with botanical extracts of Papaya (which is natures strongest exfoliator along with Pineapple) and Chamomile, Pineapple, Sugar Maple, Sugar Cane, Orange, Lemon, Billberry, and Aloe. Uses for after being in the sun, peels, waxing, facials and extractions. I been using this Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask after my 25% glycolic peels. The gel formula cools on contact and keeps my skin healthy and hydrated after my spa treatments. Im revommending it for all ages and even if you just want some me time. Treat yourself.
Kristin H.
Kristin H.
Temple, TX

This mask brings me back to the 90's and the movie Flubber... ha. It is a green gel that I have found can be used daily on sensitive skin, and it also can be used as an overnight mask. It dries down and your skin feels super smooth. I leave it on as long as I want, and depending on how my skin is acting that day, sometimes overnight. If you are only looking for a hydrating mask, this may not be for you. BUT -- if you are needing a soothing and calming mask, this is THE BEST. I cannot tell you how many times I have depended on this mask to calm red, irritated areas or acne on my face. It just makes your skin look better. I have repurchased this mask I love it so much, and I have been using it regularly for 3 years. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
Heather W.
Heather W.
Madison, AL

I adore this product. Originally, I received a sample from ulta but when I went to purchase the full size I found that Amazon had a much lower listed price than Ulta retail locations.

I have combination skin and I use this every single night after I wash and moisturize my face. I have never noticed a big difference when using it as a 10 - 30 minute mask, but after I leave it on overnight my skin feels extremely hydrated and renewed. my skin is sensitive and this has really helped heal pimples that have scabbed over and rid my face of dry flaky skin during winter. Products with benzoyl peroxide really wreak havoc on my face and this product heals any irritation up. totally worth a go if you have that same problem!
Rimma B.
Rimma B.
San Rafael, CA

Omg I swear this is like an expensive, luxurious, spa treatment on your face!! The best, the most refreshing, the most moisturizing, the most repairing and best overall mask I have tried (and I have tried many). This mask did NOT irritate my skin, it cleared up the redness, I did NOT break out (it actually cleared my acne) and was left with amazingly smooth and hydrated skin. My trick, put it in the fridge in the morning, and then at night leave it on for an hour. You will feel like you are at a spa. Seriously, do not walk, run to get this product ASAP! I promise that you will not be disappointed! If I was famous I would absolutely be a spokesperson for PTR. His products are amazing and they always deliver!!!!
Tierra G.
Tierra G.

I absolutely LOVE this refreshing mask. I originally received this mask from Sephora as my birthday gift because my Sephora was out of the NARS birthday gift. I was really sad because I was looking forward to the NARS gift. But after actually using the face wash and cucumber gel mask I fell in love! My sister actually bought me the full size of it. It feels so cool on my face and I can feel it tightening my skin. It's very gentle on the skin and I experienced no irritation. It's also very easy to wash off and a little goes a long way. I will always keep this in my beauty cabinet and will be trying the rose stem cell next!
Catherine M.
Catherine M.

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
Is great for refreshing, cooling, moisturizing, and calming dry, irritated skin.
I use it under the eye area to help reduce the look of puffiness and all over my face. It's great for this summer weather in order to hydrate the skin because that is important to maintain your skin nice and healthy as well as protect your skin from overseeing with the hot summer sun after a day at the beach. It also eliminates acne redness and good for sensitive skin.

You can also use it overnight as a moisturizer and rinse in the morning. Your skin will feel amazing, fresh and very hydrated.

@ptrskin
Tracy R.
Tracy R.
New Glasgow, Nova Scotia

Where can I purchase this and how much does it cost ?
Sioban G.
Sioban G.
Questa, NM

I have been looking for a good hydrating mask. My skin type is sensitive, acne prone, oily in t zone, and dry patches on chin. So I guess combination skin. The winter has really left my chin so flaky and nothing I try has helped without turning my face into an oil slick.
Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.

How is this on oily skin? Thinking about using it after I do my in depth home facials of an enzyme mask followed by clay mask. Thinking this could maybe be a good way of rehydrating after those two?
Racheal K.
Racheal K.

What is the difference between this mask and the Gold mask that they have??
Cindy D.
Cindy D.
Arlington Heights, IL

Can you use this on your eyes or is it strictly for your face? Wondering what kind of benefit this mask offers