BY PETER THOMAS ROTH #43 in Face Masks

This ultra-gentle gel helps soothe, hydrate and detoxify the look of dry, irritated skin with botanical extracts of Cucumber, Papaya, Chamomile, Pineapple, Sugar Maple, Sugarcane, Orange, Lemon, Bilberry and Aloe Vera. Excellent for helping to calm and soothe the skin's appearance after sun exposure, peels, waxing, facials and extractions.

Cucumber Extract - helps to nourish, hydrate, comfort, soothe, calm and de-puff the appearance of skin.

Papaya Extract - rich in vitamins, this natural enzyme helps soften the appearance of skin.

Chamomile Extract - a natural flower extract that helps comfort and soothe the look of skin.

Pineapple Extract - naturally rich in minerals, this extract helps skin look smoother, brighter and more radiant.

Sugarcane & Sugar Maple Extracts – contain properties that help improve the look of skin dullness.

Orange & Lemon Extracts - natural citrus extracts that help invigorate, tone and minimize the appearance of pores.

Bilberry Extract - provides anti-oxidant benefits.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Ingredientd:

WATER/AQUA/EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT/LEAF EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, ACER SACCHARUM (SUGAR MAPLE) EXTRACT, SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM (SUGAR CANE) EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER OIL, CITRUS LIMON (LEMON) FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT EXTRACT, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM PCA, ALLANTOIN, GLYCERIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, POLYSORBATE 20, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), BLUE 1 (CI 42090).

• I have been dying to try this out! Is it good for sensiti...1 Answers
  • How is this on oily skin? Thinking about using it after I...4 Answers
  • Is this good for sensitive skin?3 Answers
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
  • "I love PTR products!!! He has an amazing skincare line that I wish I could afford monthly. This cucumber gel mask is amazing for my sensitive skin, especially when I have been out in the sun. Its super easy to put on during a shower and rinse off or even for your morning or nighttime skin care routine." in 31 reviews
Dee A.
Hampton , VA
I have this on right now! I came home from the beach sunburnt and COULDN’T WAIT to get this on my face! It’s so cooling and hydrating. My hot skin is loving it! So refreshing, I doubt it’s doing much for them beauty wise but I put it on my shoulders too. Just cause it feels Soooo good and I’m hoping it will help them to not peel lol.
I do this mask probably 2-3 times a week and normally before bed. I leave it on all night and my skin feels great in the morning. All of PTR products are amazing. I would 4-5 Star everything I’ve tried so far. Now this one has a fresh clean smell that’s not strong. It’s a gel and so it’s a lil tacky feeling after it absorbs but not like you can’t wait to get it off. Just a lil sticky but I like that cause it absorbs and I can wear it to bed without getting it everywhere. Very hydrating, I have 2 tiny spots on my face that get real dry and this helps those areas a lot. If those spots are bad and I’m about to do a full face of make up I’ll put a lil dab of this on those spots and leave it while I do my brows then wash it off before doing primer and foundation. Really helps. Otherwise those spots show up cakey looking under my make up. This is a detox so that’s nice even though idk that I know the difference in my skin before/ after as far as that goes. I’ve never been prone to break outs so..
it is a bit pricey. I got it at Sephora in a gift set at Christmas. 5 full size PTR for $78. This alone I believe is like $52? So hit those value sets when you can. I also am VIB at Sephora so I used a coupon on it.
If you need hydration you should try this out. Highly recommend!
melissa l.
El Centro, CA
Yes, this product is amazing, and it does work. Yes, it is a little pricey, but honestly, what at ULTA isn't? Plus, the above reviewer must have been seriously misled if he/she rated this product only 2 stars because it "Only smoothed [her] skin, that's all"....it's not meant for just that, anyway.

If you clearly read its product description, you will see that this item is one of the few in the line that is less about actively targeting some problem area of skin, and more focused on working as a gentle, healing and soothing mask for those of us who DO consistently utilize the harsher, more active/ intense skin care products, like resurfacing face washes, wrinkle and fine line creams and serums, exfoliators, natural and synthetic, strong, skin brighteners/spot faders, and microdermabrasion and chemical peels (not to mention a host of acne solution products and makeup items). Those of us who do use these aforementioned skin products, especially on a consistent basis (which is what is recommended for best results), will inevitably encounter more severe skin irritation and redness than those utilizing these skin care routines on a less frequent bases.
Alexander W.
Los Angeles, CA
Awesome! The Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask is amazing and lives up to the Roth Name!

Here are some of my favs about this hydrating gel mask:
+ Texture: light and refreshing on the skin
+ Smell: fresh garden scent with cucumber and spring notes
+ Effectiveness: has a wonderful cooling effect and leaves your skin soft and hydrated!
+ Compared to other hydrating masks: this one locks in the moisture and allows you to skip a few days in between applications!

Here are some tips for using this mask:
+ You can use this as an overnight sleeping mask meaning you can apply it before you sleep and leave it on throughout your sleep.

Overall, I would recommend this product but if the price is a bit too high for you I would like to point out that there are other lower-priced masks that will just about provide you with similar results although with some variations.

Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
I used this mask up over several weeks, applying about every three days, to see its results over time. The main takeaways:

- the mask goes on sticky
- the mask is 'fussy' - to thin and there is no sensation at all. Too thick and it's not cooling, but slightly irritating.
- the mask seemed to hydrate the lower layers of skin, but made the surface layer rougher and dryer
- the mask seemed to actually make my pores look larger and increase fine lines over time (see picture)
- the mask did seem to pull impurities to the surface and leave my face cleaner when rinsed
- overall it just wasn't as refreshing and sensitive as one would normally expect from an aloe/cucumber mask

I would not purchase this again or recommend.
StyledbySharrona S.
This 5-piece kit is FABULOUS. It includes: Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme De-Tox™ Hydrator, 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm, Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask, Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer and 15 pairs (30 patches) 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Hydra-Gel Eye Patches. This kit is all I need to clean, firm and hydrate my skin. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
I don't know why but I use to hate 10 minute/quick face masks, maybe because I felt like they didn't sit on the skin long enough to do anything to the skin. I was wrong. This cucumber gel mask does wonders for the skin. It's cooling, easy to use, refreshing, moisturizing, soothes dry and irritated skin. Basically, everything it claims to do!  I notice the redness in my skin goes away (not all the way because I tend to get warm which causes my cheeks to be pink/red as well) which is a plus since I feel like I look a bit sick sometimes. You can use this every day which I use to do but now I like using it 2-3 times a week when my skin is feeling dry and flakey.

Highly recommend if you like quick and easy face masks!
Missy G.
Yonkers
A good option for skin that has endured a bit of abuse. Whether too much partying, sunshine, layers of makeup, or lack of sleep. This is a great soothing mask for cooling, calming and hydration. I even mix a bit with concealer when my eyes are super tired. What you will see: plumping and visibly hydrated skin, what you will feel: moist and bright. This is also one of Peter Thomas Roth’s most reasonably prices masks. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
Tiffany Y.
Austin, TX
This is a calming mask, but to me it’s not that exciting to use. It seems to help a lot with redness, so it’s definitely a worthwhile mask, but I guess it’s not that “fun” in comparison to other masks? I got it in a set along with other PTR masks, and I have to say that this is my least favorite, even though it seems to be the most effective? Super contradictory - I know. Maybe it would be better if I used it as an overnight mask. It is very cooling and soothing... I’m just not sure why I don’t look forward to using it as much as my other masks.
Tyler S.
Warwick, RI USA
Favorite mask of all time, have been using for years, I always always keep this stuff on hand and in my fridge. Great for sensitivity flare ups, redness, dullness, sunburn, breakouts, you name it this mask does it! Either leave it on for 20 minutes or apply a thin layer over your moisturizer before bed and I promise you, your breakouts will be gone by morning, I’ve even used it as spot treatment and under eye cream! This stuff has a little tacky ness to it when it dries so I imagine that would go well under concealer (haven’t tried it though) but this is a must have!!!!
Josseline G.
HOUSTON, TX
This is a great mask. I like how my skin looks brighter and feels a little tighter after using it. I have kept it in the refrigerator and used it and it does feel more refreshing that way. However, it is not necessary to keep it in there. It has the same effect either way. It goes on smooth. A little goes a long way. This one is worth the money for me because it works and its not a messy clean up. I have to speak about the soothing effect of this mask on your face. Anytime I use it, my senses feel refreshed. One time a had a headache and my jar had been refridgerated. I took it out an used it, and laid down to relax. Meanwhile, the cooling effect mixed with the invigoration of this mask got rid of my headache.
Sioban G.
Questa, NM
I have been looking for a good hydrating mask. My skin type is sensitive, acne prone, oily in t zone, and dry patches on chin. So I guess combination skin. The winter has really left my chin so flaky and nothing I try has helped without turning my face into an oil slick.
Kelsey A.
Jersey city, NJ
Did any of you see a difference using this? I have it and I’m not sure what it did
Jennifer T.
How is this on oily skin? Thinking about using it after I do my in depth home facials of an enzyme mask followed by clay mask. Thinking this could maybe be a good way of rehydrating after those two?
Tracy R.
New Glasgow, NS
Where can I purchase this and how much does it cost ?
Racheal K.
What is the difference between this mask and the Gold mask that they have??

back