BY PETER THOMAS ROTH #40 in Acne Treatments

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Oil-free, fragrance-free deep pore-clearing gel. Advanced formulation with maximum strength 2% Salicylic Acid (BHA) penetrates and cleans out pores to clear up acne and blackheads while helping reduce the appearance of pore size, fine lines, wrinkles, acne marks and residual discoloration. Potent 10% Glycolic Acid Complex (AHA), Retinyl Palmitate, Licorice, Arnica and Aloe Vera help chemically exfoliate the skin. Clears acne breakouts while dramatically improving the look of aging skin.

2% Salicylic Acid (BHA) - OTC level chemically exfoliates to clear up, treat and prevent acne and blackheads.

Glycolic Acid (AHA) - works as a chemical exfoliator to help reduce the look of dullness.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Retinyl Palmitate - a form of Vitamin A that is more gentle than retinol.

Licorice - helps improve the look of skin.

Arnica - helps calm the look of skin.

Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads and allows the skin to heal.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

Using other topical acne medicationsat the same time or immediatelyfollowing the use of this productmay increase dryness or irritation ofthe skin. If this occurs, only one medicationshould be used unless directedby a doctor.

Avoid contact with eyes. If excessive skin irritation develops or increases, discontinue use and consult a doctor.

Keep out of reach of children. If product is swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away

ACTIVE INGREDIENT

SALICYLIC ACID 2% ... PURPOSE ACNE TREATMENT

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS

ALCOHOL DENAT.,ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, ARGININE, ARNICA MONTANA FLOWER EXTRACT, BHT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DENATONIUM BENZOATE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, ETHYLPARABEN, GLYCERIN, GLYCOLIC ACID, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, GLYOXAL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS(SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ISOBUTYLPARBEN, METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYSORBATE 60, POTASSIUM SORBATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RETINYL PALMITATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM NITRATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, T-BUTYL ALCOHOL, WATER/AQUA/EAU

• Do you wash this off after it dries or just put it on nor...1 Answers
  • Can anyone compare this to the dr Dennis gross AHA/BHA da...1 Answers
  • I use this product and works wonders but I was wondering ...1 Answers
Kassandra T.
LOOOOOVE THIS STUFF! Since it’s an a
AHA it will act as an enzyme above skin and ear away all the dead skin and debris while also being a BHA which goes below the service and kills bacteria under your skin. I will say this is something you should use in and off while also using a really hydrating moisturizer, it helped get rid of my texture
Heather S.
Burkesville, KY
I enjoy this product and feel as if it has helped my skin. Peter Thomas Roth is one of my favorite brands I just hate that it's so expensive. If it were more affordable, I would have everything. I'm not sure I would repurchase because of the price but bottom line it's a good product and I would recommend to a friend.
Keshia K.
Sebastopol, CA
This product is a God send! After not having acne problems as a teen and being the envy of all my HS friends, I now have very regular, non-hormonal breakouts as an adult. Between the PTR cleansers and the Max Complexion Pads, this gel works wonders. Acne clears up within a few days. This is also perfect for any texture issues. It can be, however, a bit drying. So if you have dry skin like me, only use this as a spot treat and not all over the face. I also use only once a day at night to avoid sun exposure. Overall, a great product. The price point is particularly high, but it is worth it in my opinion. A little goes a long way!
Theresa C.
San Antonio, TX
Bought this for my husband who has oily skin and is prone to breakouts. His skin is so much less shiny at the end of the day and his pores appear smaller. He doesn't feel like it really "cleans his face", but I see a difference, hence the 3 stars. Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel
Liz P.
Denham Springs
I was expecting more since the other Peter Thomas Roth products I’ve used have been very effective. I have slight cystic acne on the jaw area and really was hoping this would help clear it. I’ve been using it for a month now and have not seen much of a difference. May be good for treating small breakouts. I will be hanging on to this and using it some more.
Courtney T.
I absolutely love PTR brand. This serum is my go to and has kept my face SO clear. It has 2 different acne fighters to work away the dirt and even peels away dead skin. I literally rub it in my face, and it takes off a layer my exfoliation didn't get! Definitely use this!!! Its worth every penny and goes BEYOND my expectations. Everyone always comments on how my face is like a porcelain doll with no blemishes. This is what I use!!!! Want clear skin? Use this every night!!! I have sensitive skins and it doesn't hurt it. First week made it a bit dry but that's why you wear a night cream. Problem solved!!
Victoria J.
Nice cooling gel. It’s tingly even on my not-so-sensitive skin. My boyfriend has very sensitive acne prone skin and it burned and left his skin red. He promptly removed it. Wouldn’t say it’s my favorite acne product. It works but I wasn’t highly impressed and didn’t repurchase.
Kristi G.
Rosemead, CA
Best thing I’ve done for myself in a long time! Guys, don’t underestimate this! I promise it actually works. I’ve had acne ever since I was 9 years old and it sucks! Now, I’m 21 and I still have some hormonal acne here and there with a bunch of scarring from my previous breakouts! This product helps me get rid of my scars ( I’m serious) and it prevents future breakouts. Although it’s pricey, it’s honestly worth every penny. The only thing I regret about this product is NEVER GIVING IT A CHANCE UNTIL NOW. please, do yourself a favor and go buy this!
Alexis B.
Pasadena, MD
If there were more than 5 stars.. this product would earn it. I’ve purchased countless bottles of this & although it is pricey, it is worth every dollar. I use this on my face every single night & on my back/chest every other night. It’s the only product that has ever made a difference in my acne. It’s a must have!!
Hanna S.
Saint Marys, PA
Very gentle aha/bha I would recommend this product to people with sensitive skin since it is a lot more gently than other aha/bha’s. Even after just a couple days of using this my skin has stopped producing so much oil and my blemishes are almost completely gone!
Paola V.
I've been using this for a month and see no difference how long does it take to see a difference?
Lauren H.
This is first time I'm using this product and I'm trying to figure out whether I should use this before or after moisturizing? Also if it's better to use it in the morning or at night before bed?
Emily M.
Can anyone compare this to the dr Dennis gross AHA/BHA daily peel?
Anna M.
can i use this as a spot treatment?
Samantha C.
Ocean Isl Bch, NC
How well does this product work and is it harsh on extra sensitive skin???

back