Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment uploaded by Evangelina R.Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment uploaded by Queen Esther S.

BY PETER THOMAS ROTH #99 in Acne Treatments

Max strength, non-drying, non-irritating, oil-controlling, and vanishing.  Sulfur 5% acne treatment with glycolic acid complex 4%, trikenol™* 1%, aloe vera, allantoin, botanical extracts, vitamins C & E, & pro vitamin B5. *Provital, S.A. manufactures Trikenol Dermagologist Tested Animal Cruelty Free see more...

• Does this help with cystic acne?1 Answers
  • Does anyone know the price of this product? And does it work well...1 Answers
  • Is this really drying to the skin? I am looking for something to...1 Answers
Jennie O.
BEST spot treatment ever. I've tried many. The closest one to this in effectiveness is Clinique's gel spot treatment & I find that to be more drying & harsh than this PTR cream. This can be used over a large area or just on single blemishes (which is how I prefer to use it). It doesn't leave a residue or anything that will show. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Sara H.
South Orange, NJ
I used to use this stuff in college and I LOVED it. I no longer have the kind of acne that can justify spending this much on spot treatment, thankfully! When I got really bad breakouts this would really knock it out. I used this in combination with the drying serum. Absolutely worth it if you have bad breakouts!
This is the only acne product I have found that I can put on at night and wake up and truly feel like my acne has gotten better. I love this product!!!
Sierra P.
Rockaway Bch, NY
Works well with keeping your skin to have as less dark spots as possible, bought it from Sephora, not a harsh product.
Julia R.
I really like this spot treatment as a Spot treatment, not an “area” treatment. Definitely not ideal for dry skin but a nice option for someone with oily skin and Whiteheads. I bought it at Sephora and immediately noticed that the product seemed a little bit too thick in texture to pump out of the bottle, but it didn’t really bother me. I didn’t see a huge improvement, but I can see how it might work for surface level zits on someone experiencing acne that is mild. Sulfur is a nice option over the standard benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, as I felt like I was taking a more natural method to treating my existing spots. Incredibly drying if you use too much, but a nice product by a dermatologist backed brand.
Monique M.
Toms River, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Top shelf brand. I️ absolutely love ptr products. This treatment is on par with all the ptr products. Lasts forever as you only need a small amount. Applied at bedtime, I️ start seeing results the next morning.
Joanne M.
Pasadena, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this treatment for breakouts! Whenever I get a spot, I dab some of this on it before bed and when I wake up it's much improved. I buy this on the PTR website when they have sales and it's worth every cent!
Kerrie P.
Fresno, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Peter Thomas Roth has some of the best acne products out there in my opinion, and I've tried them all. I've used this particular product for years. While, it's an expensive product, it also comes with a lot of product, so it ends up being a good value in the end. Peter himself use to suffer from acne, so he personally developed products that work! What's great is the very unisex look of the products so women and men can benefit from this line in its entirety. Also, this product lasts me such a long time, because you only need a little and I break out sporadically. If you have all over consistent acne, then you might go through this product faster, but it's still going to last you longer than most over the counter acne products
Shalayna G.
Purvis, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have cystic acne so I have a really hard time finding products that work for my school I think those that have quote common acne I think the Peter Thomas Roth Acne spot treatment is Affordable because there's only $20 and there's only one way to find out if it does work for you I like that it has vitamins in it and it's made without parabens
Jessica T.
East Rockaway, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay. All of the positive reviews are making me feel like maybe I got a bad or expired product... or maybe I just need to give this more of a chance. More likely; however, is that this product just didn't work for my sensitive skin. I have used other products by Peter Thomas Roth before though without any issues and have LOVED them. This acne spot treatment though... I WANTED to love it and I wanted it to work (believe me I did!) but it actually made my breakouts worse! :( Has anyone else experienced this?
Courtney B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this a effective product to use and how fast does it work?
Cristin B.
Oviedo, FL
My 17 year old son suffers from acne and we have tried medications, proactive, and all sorts of over the counter washes, pills, and cleansers. My question would be... Does this really work? I know some people just post to post, but I need real info and experience. Also, does it stop the spread of blackheads?
Zenna P.
Pittsburgh, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product dry out your skin?
Brooke L.
Ephraim, UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
How expensive is this product?
Jayden C.
Irving, TX
How well does it work for cystic acne? And does it also reduce the appearance of acne scars?