Petco
By Petco
Jaimie G.
Jaimie G.
San Jose, CA
Would it be better to ask my Vet to see if certain medication is okay for my pregnant cat or should I trust the word of a PetCo Vet?
zoila c.
I'd ask your vet.
Natalia G.
Natalia G.
4 years, 1 month ago
You should take both of their advice into consideration.
Kate S.
Kate S.
HIGHLAND MLS
4 years, 1 month ago
Your own vet, The petco vets are not profecianetly trained
Nadine M.
Nadine M.
Odenville, AL
4 years, 1 month ago
I would ask your own vet.
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
San Francisco, CA
4 years, 1 month ago
Definitely your own vet. You have to realize these employees have no degree in any pet category, ANY one can become employed here. So definitely don't trust these employees when it comes to your pet's health.
Lindsey A.
Steffi L.
Steffi L.
Beloit, WI
4 years, 2 months ago
You're own vet since Petco's vets apparently don't check in with the stores or do any type of updates on the animals, which is why so many animals die shortly after being purchased and/or they;re un healthy any vet who wouldn't check back and actually look at them shouldn't be trusted. Trust me I almost became a veterinarian, but the graphics of most problems I couldn't stomach, so I've learned pretty much everything a vet/vet tech would know instead.
Tabitha S.
Jessica L.
Jessica L.
BRONX, NY
4 years, 4 months ago
I would ask the vet just to be completely sure.
Jessie O.
Jess T.
Jess T.
Kansas City, MO
4 years, 6 months ago
I would definitely ask your vet first, just to be 100% sure.
Liz M.
Liz M.
Bronx, NY
4 years, 6 months ago
You should see a Vet. for your pregnant cat. They have the best knowledge when it comes to prescribing and administering medications.
Lindsay K.
Lindsay K.
Lake city , Fl
Def ask the vet
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
4 years, 6 months ago
Always ask your vet first! While employees are helpful and somewhat knowledgeable, they are not trained and have not been through school. Good luck!
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.
Rochester Hls, MI
I would ask your vet
Jenn B.
Jenn B.
Santa Cruz, CA
4 years, 8 months ago
Ask your vet. Some employees do know what they're talking about, there are a few people I have talked to there that are just genuinely interested in the animals and have done their research, others, however, don't know anything. The lady that sold me my tortoise told me that he was 6 months old when he is really 6 years old. However, I have also talked to a lady there that knew everything there is to know about tortoises. But overall just trust your vet, the employee may seem educated but they may not be
Valerie S.
Valerie S.
Espanola, NM
4 years, 8 months ago
Ask your vet. We bought our parrots as Petco and I know more about them than they did.