Petco
By Petco
Morgan S.
Morgan S.
Foxboro, MA
How would you rate the product selection for bigger dogs at Petco?
kiairah p.
kiairah p.
Hyattsville, MD
4 years ago
Petco is pretty much Doggie World! They really do have everything!
Ashley L.
Ashley L.
Burnsville, NC
4 years, 1 month ago
I too have large dogs (pitbulls), & have always had a hard time finding cute stuff in their size. Petco usually always has fun things in Large and X-Large!
Bethany F.
Bethany F.
Port Richey, Fl
4 years, 1 month ago
I have a Brittany, and he is 60ish pounds. The best thing about Petco is that they'll let you bring your beloved animal in, and TRY the product on them to make sure it fits. (like a harness). I can't find any other store around that does this, or even carries items for a medium - large size dog.
Nicole V.
Nicole V.
Tampa, FL
4 years, 1 month ago
This is really the place for everything
Jolynn W.
Jolynn W.
Wallis, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
PETCO has a great selection for all size dogs for food, treats, toys, clothes, etc.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Statesboro, GA
4 years, 2 months ago
Petco has a huge selection of dog food for all types of dogs! If you're getting a more popular general brand though I would suggest purchasing at walmart for better prices.
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
Covina, CA
4 years, 2 months ago
They have a decent selection for large breeds. I personally buy the Lamb and Rice Natural Balance Large Breed Bites. They also have large breed bags from Nutro Natural Choice, Nutro Ultra, Blue Buffalo, some stores carry Nature's Variety, Natures Recipe, and Innova (Though the innova selection seems limited. I usually stay away from any grocery brand (Pedigree, Purina, Caesars, anything you can find at a non-specialty pet store) just because they tend to have ingredients that aren't very healthy for your dogs. But back to the question, the selection is fairly decent considering that they do have a selection of large breed food for almost every natural brand they carry.
Alexis W.
Alexis W.
San Antonio, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
They have a HUGE selection for bigger dogs there. From toys, to food to accessories.
Laura T.
Laura T.
Salem, OR
4 years, 2 months ago
They have a huge selection. Much bigger than any other in my area.
Lacey C.
Lacey C.
Tallahassee, FL
4 years, 2 months ago
As an owner of a Great Dane mix breed, I have found that shopping for high dollar items can get pricey for a large dog, such as beds and crates, those can be found cheaper online. I usually am able to purchase my food, treats, and toys here.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Providence, Ri
4 years, 3 months ago
They no longer sell Holistic food products.
Rylee W.
Rylee W.
4 years, 3 months ago
Four stars
4 years, 4 months ago
Depends on the petco, but they generally have a pretty good selection for bigger dogs
Rosemarie N.
Rosemarie N.
Brooklyn, NY
4 years, 5 months ago
They have a great selection for both small and big dogs.
4 years, 5 months ago
They have everything you need.
Marlene G.
Marlene G.
BROOKLYN, NY
4 years, 5 months ago
I love this place! it has so many different types of offers for all size dogs! i have a pitbull and hes pretty big so its hard to find medium/large sizes for him because all people sell are for little dogs but petco does offer a lot! i love their products as well! They have affordable products as well as higher priced if you wanna spoil your "Man's Best Friend" =]
Sheila T.
Sheila T.
Aurora, CO
4 years, 6 months ago
KRISERS! We're an all natural pet store all about the pets &less about the money. We also have a great grooming system. Our food is all natural &human grade as well.
Stacey J.
Stacey J.
Phoenix, AZ
4 years, 6 months ago
For me, both petco and petsmart have had comparable selections. But I do have to go to either store to find toys for my 75 lb. german shepherd mix. She destroys anything I bring home from the grocery store or target.
Danielle M.
Danielle M.
Warwick , RI
4 years, 7 months ago
They don't have the most amazing selection may want to try pet smart
Lalia d.
Lalia d.
Rowland Hghts, CA
4 years, 7 months ago
I personally don't think they have that great of a selection for big dogs. I have a pitbull who is very big and I could not find a leash strong enough for him.
Lexie A.
Lexie A.
4 years, 8 months ago
They have a great selection, in my opinion. I've always been able to find what I was looking for when looking for something for a bigger sized dog. They have lots of stuff for small dogs as well, which is nice.
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.
Rochester Hls, MI
4 years, 8 months ago
I think they have a good variety
Ruz R.
Ruz R.
Yauco, PR
4 years, 8 months ago
I give it a 8, I love that it has Great selection including beds and housing.
Sierra J.
Sierra J.
Mount Dora, FL
4 years, 8 months ago
Good I have a english mastiff and I get his stuff there to.
Jocelyn B.
Jocelyn B.
Lake Wales, FL
4 years, 8 months ago
Our closest Petco is 40 miles away. But I do love their selection of products for larger dogs. Just wish we had a closer store!
Angela Y.
Angela Y.
West Jordan, UT
4 years, 9 months ago
Our local PETCO has a huge selection of toys for big dogs. I really love the ducks that quack. The dogs LOVE 'em!
Crystal F.
Crystal F.
Tacoma, WA
4 years, 9 months ago
I feel they have a very wide selection for all size dogs. However, if you ever feel they don't carry something you should need for your bigger dog, just ask! They're so friendly and nice that if they can't get the product in for you they can surely point you in the right direction where to find it. Love Petco!
Tyler S.
Tyler S.
Salem, OH
4 years, 9 months ago
I have a Shar pei and she is a medium dog but from what I can tell they have a huge selection for all sizes of dogs! I am always happy whenver I leave the store, there is always something new to discover!
4 years, 9 months ago
It's pretty good, I wouldn't take them to the vet they have here. I think it's a joke.
Alexes L.
Alexes L.
Moscow, Pa
4 years, 9 months ago
For larger dogs petco is great, or at least my local one. I have a Newfoundland weighing 170 pounds. If your looking for food, toys, treats etc. they are great. Now collars and doggy clothing is hard to find but any other place like petsmart and such don't carry and more or less. I usually need to go online for those types of things. They also have great prices.
Elissa M.
Elissa M.
Charlotte, NC
4 years, 10 months ago
Petsmart for sure. I have the Banfield Wellness Plan so I love that I can drop my dog off for his appointment and shop for whatever I might need for him while he's getting his shots and vaccinations! It's great. I tried the Petco discount vaccinations but the line was sooo long and I got irritated and left. Just not well organized
Deborah Ann N.
Deborah Ann N.
Cairo, GA
4 years, 10 months ago
If have always found everything I need and my dogs are all different sizes and ages.
Jamie J.
Jamie J.
Victor, NY
4 years, 10 months ago
Our local PETCO has a great selection of dog food. They have most of the name brand foods and a nice selection of organic and whole foods for dogs.
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
4 years, 10 months ago
We have a Mastiff and a mini Sheltie. I think the selection for both is really good. They always have my brand of large breed puppy food which had been a problem at their competitor. The selection of chew toys and bulle sticks is good too.
Ali W.
Ali W.
Bellevue, WA
4 years, 10 months ago
The selection of foods and treats are average, however I have a Keeshound (not really a big dog, but he thinks he is) and the toys meant for big dogs don't even hold up with him. So hard to find good durable toys!
Valerie M. B.
Valerie M. B.
4 years, 11 months ago
They have a great selection of bigger dogs, a bit pricey but then again I feel comfortable paying a bit more for my baby
herson f.
herson f.
burnsville, MN
4 years, 11 months ago
It has a great selection for bigger dogs
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Kansas City, MO
4 years, 11 months ago
I think they have a great selection and the associates always know their information.
Stephanie O.
Stephanie O.
Murfreesboro, TN
4 years, 11 months ago
At my local PETCO, they have everything I need for my dog. I have a Great Dane, so often times it is hard to find things we need for him. Typically anything we need, we can find it at PETCO. Except for Halloween costumes and clothing; those are especially hard to find anywhere. Even 2X doesn't fit =/
Caitlin F.
Caitlin F.
Lovely , KY
4 years, 11 months ago
The selection at my local store is pretty great! I'd like to see more of the bigger tug of war toys (more sturdy) but other than that, no complaints!
Rachel T.
Rachel T.
Tinley Park, IL
Selection is great!
Chinell S.
Chinell S.
4 years, 11 months ago
I think Petco has a great selection for bigger dogs. I have an english bulldog and I've never had a problem finding anything for my guy, from halloween costume to treats to crate to toys (that last)!!! :)
Farrah B.
Farrah B.
Austin, TX
4 years, 11 months ago
They have a huge selection of dog food, from little to big dogs. You will not be disappointed.
Pretty good!
Jenny S.
Jenny S.
Roseville, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
I honestly believe that they have a great selection of products for pets of all sizes! Especially compared to Walmart or Target. They actually have products and foods that are specialized for larger dogs/breeds, for example, when it comes to food, collars, and even to toys that accommodate their larger mouths etc. What's great is you can actually bring your pet in there too. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to help you out. Just a quick tip: If your pet doesn't like the food you bought and refuses to eat it, they are very understanding and let you pick something else out.
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Grapevine, TX
4 years, 11 months ago
It's ok, but I feel like there are better options at Petsmart
Nathalie Z.
Nathalie Z.
miami, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
I guess it varies with each location because my local petco has a larger variety for small dogs and i have two large dogs.
Dalynn M.
Dalynn M.
Valley Mills, TX
4 years, 11 months ago
It was the only place we were able to find the harness and collar we needed for our dog!
Amanda C.
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Flushing, MI
4 years, 11 months ago
Its an okay selection in the store where i live.
4 years, 11 months ago
They have a great selection!
Shannon M.
Shannon M.
Eureka, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
At my local petco, there is quite a big selection of larger dog products. actually i think there is more for large dogs then smaller dog breeds
Lorene D.
Lorene D.
Hampton Bays, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
There is different stock in each petco. We have had to drive to one a few towns over when our local petco did not have what we needed
Tascha C.
Tascha C.
HANNA CITY, IL
4 years, 11 months ago
The only thing that my local petco does not carry for large dogs are clothes. This might be okay for most dog owners, but my 50lb boxer likes to wear shirts during the winter and we live in Illinois
North Highlands, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
I think they have way more than enough selection for all sizes of dogs
Rhianna W.
Rhianna W.
Great Falls, MT
4 years, 11 months ago
My GSD is a big girl and I've been really happy with Petco. The only thing they haven't had to suit her size was a plastic cone for when she was spayed and kept licking. We had to get a different one and rig it with zipties. lol Otherwise, I think the one where I'm at is excellent at providing collars, beds, foods, and toys for dogs in the 75lb+ range like mine. :)
Viridiana R.
Viridiana R.
Palmdale, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
There selection is great, well at least in my shop it is.
Deanna B.
Deanna B.
Milwaukee, WI
4 years, 11 months ago
I thought they had a pretty good selection.
Karen M.
Karen M.
Binghamton, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
Sorry not sure, because I have a small dog
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
Bronx, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
Well for my petco is located in ny.i have a huskie and they have everythin i need from beds,bowels,clothes,grommers,toys food..check out there site
4 years, 11 months ago
They have a great selection in store in store for bigger dogs. There are a lot of product options that are aimed at bigger dogs.
Danotta G.
Danotta G.
Marshall, MO
4 years, 11 months ago
They have a lot for big dogs, just not as much as they have for small dogs.
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Pace, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
Mediocre. THey have a decent selection of food and treats and toys, but their collar and clothing selections are terrible.
lilliana s.
lilliana s.
Bayonne, NJ
4 years, 11 months ago
I think there selection is pretty good
Tucson , Az
4 years, 11 months ago
They have a pretty good selection.
Tucson , Az
4 years, 11 months ago
They have a pretty good selection.
britny r.
britny r.
Spencer, NC
4 years, 11 months ago
I have a large sized dog as well and id have to say that i really love their selections for her.
Autumn C.
Autumn C.
New Prt Rchy, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
I would say it varies in each store. My particular store has an excellent selection for large dogs
Danielle V.
Danielle V.
Mountain View, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I'd say a good one. depends on location.
Andras G.
Andras G.
Memphis, TN
4 years, 11 months ago
I would say they have a good selection I'm always able tofind things for my american bulldog.
Lisa S.
Lisa S.
Its really great!
Griselda F.
Griselda F.
4 years, 11 months ago
They are really great, i buy most of my dogs stuff at petco
Nikki E.
Nikki E.
New Windsor, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
Personally I find that petco is a little pricier for my pitbull. They have a large selection, but I feel some of her favorite items like raw hides and larger toys cost more money here then they do at other stores.
Lauren O.
Lauren O.
4 years, 11 months ago
I think that they offer a good selection in most products for dogs of all sizes. I do however agree with the fact that they can run a little more on the pricey side in general.
Tera H.
Tera H.
Mankato, MN
4 years, 11 months ago
At my Petco they have an amazing selection. They have a great selection of dog foods period from organic to special health concerns.
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.
Kittanning, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
Some stores in smaller markets have less of a selection, but overall they seem to do pretty good.
4 years, 11 months ago
The choices are pretty good but a little pricey.
Erin C.
Erin C.
Higganum, CT
4 years, 11 months ago
I believe they have a lot of choices... Holistic and regular foods
Amber E.
Amber E.
Caldwell, TX
4 years, 11 months ago
I think its ok, they have cool toys that my dogs enjoy to play with.
Sheree B.
Sheree B.
Hermon, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
I love the products that they offer for big and small pets' the store employees seem to know allot about their products and take into consideration what you are looking for' our family loves the petco in our area' it is so worth the 45 minute ride one way
Lisa H.
Lisa H.
Coppell, TX
4 years, 11 months ago
In terms of food and treats they are pretty evenly distributed across all breeds and sizes, but accessories get a little harder. As expected, little dogs get all the cute outfits and clothes, but I've gotten lucky on several occasions finding clothing and other accessories for bigger dogs on clearance. Strangely I rarely see them for sale regularly priced; I almost wonder if they come in as overstock from some internet warehouse and then they try to sell them at clearance price in the store to get rid of them.
Valerie S.
Valerie S.
Espanola, NM
4 years, 11 months ago
Great selection including beds and housing.
Nikki C.
Nikki C.
Tacoma, WA
4 years, 11 months ago
It depends on what you need for your larger dogs. Yes, they have an excellent selection of foods and toys for the larger breeds, but the collars are mostly limited to basic colors, where the smaller breeds get cute designs. Forget finding a sweater for anything bigger than a beagle if your large dog has short fur.
4 years, 11 months ago
I think they have a great variety and range for all species of dogs!
Caroline O.
Caroline O.
Methuen, MA
4 years, 11 months ago
They really do a great job!
Tulare, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Well I have two rottweilers and I think the selection is good. They have a variety of foods for larger breads. Also collars, leashes etc. I find everything I need.
Leigh-Anne H.
Leigh-Anne H.
Stoneham, MA
4 years, 11 months ago
I say they do a really good job, at least my local Petco. They have the dog foods & treats sectioned off that way.I guess I would like to see more toys for the larger breeds, as my dog needs larger toys. I have gone to Petco stores that barely have any.