Petco
Petco
By Petco
New Oxford, PA
How to you handle taking your pet to Petco with other dogs/cats around and have you noticed if your pet gets fleas after being around others animals at the store?
New Oxford, PA
1 year, 10 months ago
I tend to try and go when the store isn't busy and avoid other animals due to the fact that I have gone to those stores and a few days later my dogs have had flea or starts to itch really bad.
Allison W.
Allison W.
Silver Spring, MD
4 years ago
My dog used to get very anxious in the store, but she has gotten used to being around the other animals at the store. She loves it now!
Courtney L.
Courtney L.
4 years ago
My dog loves other animals and is all kinds of hyper but putting him in a harness does the trick. As long as your dog is on some type of flea treatment you shouldn't have to worry about getting them from other animals in the store.
Heidi B.
Heidi B.
Rapid City, SD
4 years, 1 month ago
My dog is pretty well behaved so we don't have much of a problem when we take him. Of course he gets excited when he sees another dog, animal, whatever but no big deal.....he's happy. As far as fleas go, we haven't had a problem. We treat him every month for fleas just in case he comes in contact with other animals. We use Hartz brand that treats fleas, their eggs and larvae. We have never had a flea in our home or found one on him. The stuff works great.
Alyssa C.
Alyssa C.
4 years, 1 month ago
I was afraid to take my dog into the store with me at first because she gets overly excited when she sees other dogs and is absolutely terrified and becomes defensive when she sees cats however, I found that if I put her in a body harness and let her sniff out what she likes in the aisles she does really well. I haven't had any problems in fact, the one day I used the groomer inside of petsmart to have her nails trimmed since I was there anyways and she made a new friend and frequently have play dates with her new found friend.
Hannah O.
Hannah O.
Austin, TX
Amaris B.
Amaris B.
Thibodaux, LA
4 years, 1 month ago
My dog has not gotten fleas when going to Petco. I imagine that the employees try to keep it a flea free environment. My dog does love to make friends, so handling can be challenging. I find it best to take treats with me for when his attention goes astray. Find something your dog likes (a special toy or treat) and take it with you.
Audrey O.
Audrey O.
Rochester, NY
4 years, 1 month ago
My animals are trained to walk next to me at all times. They are kept on a short leash and I am completely aware of who is around me at all times. And no my animals do not get fleas because they are treated every month so that they do not get fleas from outside or anyone else.,
Christina B.
Christina B.
Deerfield Bch, FL
4 years, 1 month ago
My dog is pretty obedient so I've never really had a problem with barking or getting rowdy in the stores. She mostly just interest in everything going on around her and her short attention span keeps her mind busy.
Katherine F.
Katherine F.
Upton, MA
4 years, 1 month ago
I have taken both of my dogs to petco on multiple occaisions. I've never had a problem with my dogs ending up with flea's after visiting the store. Though I must point out I use a monthly flea treatment. When using a monthly flea treatment once the flea has bit the products claim the flea dies within 24 hours i believe. So if you are concerned about your pet getting fleas from a visit, if you use flea treatment it shouldn't happen regardless.