Petco
Petco
By Petco
Erin B.
Erin B.
Has anyone ever taken their cat into the store and how did it work out? I worry that it might be too much excitement for one kitty to handle.
Sabra G.
Sabra G.
3 years ago
Not unless your cat is very leash trained, also could be scared because most pets that go in are dogs and some dogs are cat aggressive
Devin B.
Devin B.
Jacksonville, FL
3 years, 11 months ago
I cant say i have. dogs are great there!
Aaren A.
Aaren A.
San Tan Valley, AZ
3 years, 11 months ago
Every time I go to either Petco or Petsmart I bring my cat Marley with me. He is a crowd pleaser since he is a Munchkin cat (midget cat). So I just put his harness on and a leash, set him in the cart with the stuff and we just walk around and he smells things or sees the fish, etc. Its a good outing. Lol. It is a plus though to have your kitty leash trained as I do mine, since he was 8weeks old.
Violet S.
Violet S.
Dale City, VA
3 years, 11 months ago
I haven't taken any of my cats in but all 3 of our cats are indoor cats and only leave the house to go to the vet.
Crystal T.
Crystal T.
shannon hills, AR
3 years, 11 months ago
I love how you are able to take your pet in but however I don't take mine in..some dogs can be very aggressive towards other animals.
Sarah C.
Sarah C.
Canton, MI
3 years, 11 months ago
I guess it depends on how well behaved your cat is. I would definitely first try leaving him/her in it's carrier to see how they'd react rather than go in with it open.
Toni S.
Toni S.
Columbus, IN
3 years, 11 months ago
Only thing u really have to worry about is how your animal will react with other animals.
Nicci L.
Nicci L.
Newark, DE
3 years, 11 months ago
My cat loved it, but she is more like a dog..
Paula K.
Paula K.
tonkawa, OK
3 years, 11 months ago
My cat did not like it very well. he freaked out.
Brett S.
Brett S.
3 years, 11 months ago
I took one of my cats and she was terrified. She was on a leash. There was just too much stimulation for my sedate cat!
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Alpharetta, GA
3 years, 11 months ago
I have seen a cat on a leash/harness at Petco! That kitty was pretty chill though. Probably needs to have a certain disposition to be able to handle it.
Tanya F.
Tanya F.
Kissimmee, FL
3 years, 11 months ago
I haven't yet. My cat is older and this probably wouldn't work too well for her because I always see a lot of dogs in there.
Sheree B.
Sheree B.
Hermon, NY
3 years, 12 months ago
I have seen other pets/furry kids but i have never brought one in' I have thought about bringing our ferrets in for a picking of another but' I to have wondered how much the excitement will be'' you will never though unless you try =)
Linda L.
Linda L.
Princeton , LA
3 years, 12 months ago
I have never bought my cat in but have took my dogs
Josephine H.
Josephine H.
Mystic, CT
3 years, 12 months ago
I've also brought my cat to petco for vaccinations. They do have a line for vaccinations but you're often in between people with dogs. If you want to bring your cat in during this time wait until there isn't a line to bring your cat in or wait and leave someone with your cat in the car and call them to bring the cat in when its your turn.
Rene D.
Rene D.
New Orleans , LA
3 years, 12 months ago
I've been in the store when the vets are there to offer vaccines. The staff creates separate lines to decrease interactions. It is a lot of stimulation, but if you call in advance (grooming), they can tell you a good time to bring you pet in.