BY PETCO

• Petco or petsmart?162 Answers
  • Does anyone else feel as if they are overly priced on thi...72 Answers
  • Is it just me or does Petco seem more targeted towards Ca...25 Answers
Buy on PETCO
  • "This is a great place if you need an emergency can of dog food or cat food but the selection is not as great as I had hoped. " in 165 reviews
  • "I really like petco, every time I go in some one always greats me with a smile people are so nice and they have great customer service" in 127 reviews
  • "However, when I do go, their staff has always been very helpful and they carry bigger sizes of some products than I can find elsewhere." in 78 reviews
  • "Petco has a great selection for all your pets needs and usually have everything in stock, however they a priced a bit higher than most of their competitors " in 71 reviews
  • "The employees from the Petco I visit are very friendly and helpful, always asking if I need help when I'm having trouble picking a new kind of dog treat or toys for my little parakeets." in 70 reviews
Syd S.
The Petco near me has quite the range of products and recently I had an enlightening encounter with a Dog Trainer who works for Petco, and can work independently with you in-home. He was incredibly kind and shared his time giving advice on what to do with my large lab who barks incessantly when crated for attention. Gave tips and tricks and when realised the situation was more than could be handled via those, he offered his name and number in case of needing an in-home assessment of the animal. He mentioned he was also an Animal Behaviorist who could work with the situations presented. Very helpful indeed. Besides that, Petco has always had a decent section for cat food and treats where I could find raw fairly unprocessed treats. My fur babies love raw dehydrated foods, so I was beside myself when I found a brand that does exactly that. (I buy Raw Instinct for them and they tend to just pick out the meat bits from the kibble. theyre spoiled lol). Over the years, I’ve owned guinea pigs. All came from Petco (at the time I was young and didn’t realise that you could adopt guineas). The oldest guinea I had lived to be roughly 10-11 years old and passed off severely aggressive bladder cancer. But even though she came from Petco, her lifespan speaks for itself. So thank you Petco for giving me my sweet girl, Honey.

(I give Petco 3 stars due to the fact they do still keep betas in tiny containers and I have seen some of them getting fin rot. Shame Petco, you should know better. They’re still living creatures.)
Jeanette Y.
San Gabriel, CA
Petco is our go to for our dog's wants and needs. We get our Yorki's dog food there and the best thing Petco provides is monthly subscription for a LOWER price & FREE shipping. This eliminates the time to actually go to a Petco and buy the dog food, carry it into your car and into your home. AND it saves you money!

Our dog always loves the chew toy options because they're great, safe and fun for our dog! He goes nuts for the squeaky toy. Besides from the products, Petco staff members are pretty friendly and helpful! We usually ask for their professional and personal opinion on some of the products based on our dog's needs and they provide excellent recommendations!

Petco is definitely my go to for all my dog's needs! And he always has a blast when we visit any of the Petco locations.
Stella B.
denmark, WI
Petco is an easily accessible local neighborhood pet store that I have been visiting for my pet food needs for my whole life. I can't leave five stars due to the lack of care given to the animals that are for sale in the store by the employees. They do not always hire the right people to give each animal the right amount of care that they need and deserve and it's sad to see. I have adopted a handful of animals from Petco to give them a home if they look especially in need and always feel bad for not being able to take more of them home with me.
Beauty C.
New Orleans
Petco usually has what what we need. With French Bulldogs it’s sometimes difficult to consistently find the same food in the same formula on our shopping trips with the higher end products. Always a nice selection of clothes, collars, leashes and treats available. One thing - you need to be information savvy to shop here. The customer service reps are not experts and after asking questions to several different employees about a variety of products and solutions, I usually get an “I don’t know.” They are very friendly just not product informed.
Aly B.
Norwalk
I love shopping at Petco for my dog. I bought his harness, retractable leash, treats, and other items from Petco. They have a variety of products for dogs, i love just roaming around. They have a section of dog cookies you can mix and match individually and my dog absolutely loves it. I have a shitzu and his hair can be a little hard to maintain so i bought dog booties from Petco and they work great. It is so much easier to clean his paws when it’s muddy outside.
Arielle M.
Brighton, MI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
They just built a brand new petco by my house and it is fabulous. They even have a vet at this location where we were able to get vaccinations for our puppy for way cheaper than the vet. Sign up for their pals rewards!! It's a free rewards system that gives you $5 for every $100 spent. They also have rewards you can add to your rewards card to earn extra points or get extra money back. It's so worth it if you spend a lot of money spoiling your pets like we do!
Morgan E.
Saint Louis, MO
I take my dog here for grooming and also buy his food, treats, toys and any other necessities here leashes, dog bed/carrier etc... he also receives his grooming here and absolutely loves it! I don’t know too many dogs excited about a trip to the groomers lol but the staff no matter what location I go to are always friendly they don’t bug you and let you shop in peace but are definitely helpful and knowledgeable of things I tend to have questions about.
Searra H.
Pendleton
Petco has its pros and cons.
Pros- there’s a lot of really great pet supplies. I have lots of different types of animals and it’s nice being able to go to one store for everything I need.
All there animals are so cute I enjoy going and seeing them every time I’m there.
Cons- there prices are pretty expensive compared to a lot of places. And I don’t feel like the employees at the stores around here are educated well enough on the animals they are taking care of. On more than one occasion I have been inside a petco and seen poorly taken care of animals, and I’ve even seen some dead in the cage and left In there where everyone and there families could see.
I don’t always have negative experiences there. But on occasion there has been some incidents that make it easier to take my business elsewhere.
3 out of 5 @petco @influenster
Jaz B.
Fresno, CA
They have everything for your pets. I usually only go for my dog food because there’s a certain brand I like to buy and not a lot of stores carry it but the workers are nice and helpful. I love to look at the fish with my brothers and watch the cats and also the dogs when there training them
Priscilla T.
Marana, AZ
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I love the Petco in our area. The store is always clean and the staff is very friendly. The only thing I think they could improve is the staff should not try to educate on things they don't really have in depth knowledge of (like pet illnesses), I've had, on more than one occasion, a staff member try to "educate" me with "information" that those of us in the veterinary field are constantly refuting.
Amanda C.
Estero, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Petco or petsmart?
Morgan S.
Foxboro, MA
How would you rate the product selection for bigger dogs at Petco?
Rebel B.
Canon, GA
What do you buy when you shop at Petco?
Bethany W.
Chesapeake, OH
Does anyone else feel as if they are overly priced on things that don't seem to be a great quality for the price.
Kate S.
Highland Mills, NY
Would you recommend petco or petsmart?