BY PETCO

• Petco or petsmart?162 Answers
  • Does anyone else feel as if they are overly priced on things that...72 Answers
  • Is it just me or does Petco seem more targeted towards Cats, Bird...25 Answers
Petco
  • "This is a great place if you need an emergency can of dog food or cat food but the selection is not as great as I had hoped. " in 165 reviews
  • "I really like petco, every time I go in some one always greats me with a smile people are so nice and they have great customer service" in 127 reviews
  • "However, when I do go, their staff has always been very helpful and they carry bigger sizes of some products than I can find elsewhere." in 78 reviews
  • "Petco has a great selection for all your pets needs and usually have everything in stock, however they a priced a bit higher than most of their competitors " in 71 reviews
  • "The employees from the Petco I visit are very friendly and helpful, always asking if I need help when I'm having trouble picking a new kind of dog treat or toys for my little parakeets." in 70 reviews
Michelle G.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I never went to Petco I always went to Petsmart because I used to work there but then I started working at Petco amd the store is great. Both are great pet supply stores and both have good and bad things about them. I know this may seem bias but it really is a great store. Petco focuses on customer service rather than getting money. Whenever corporate comes in they push us to be better at customer service. Petco also has many more coupons available and more sales. Petco has a wider variety of animals but less actual products that Petsmart. The rewards system is great here too because you get money back and many coupons emailed. Petco also has a welcome to the family booklet with a bunch of coupons in there. Their pet supply selection is pretty big but there are more products at other stores.
Jeanette Y.
San Gabriel, CA
Petco is our go to for our dog's wants and needs. We get our Yorki's dog food there and the best thing Petco provides is monthly subscription for a LOWER price & FREE shipping. This eliminates the time to actually go to a Petco and buy the dog food, carry it into your car and into your home. AND it saves you money!

Our dog always loves the chew toy options because they're great, safe and fun for our dog! He goes nuts for the squeaky toy. Besides from the products, Petco staff members are pretty friendly and helpful! We usually ask for their professional and personal opinion on some of the products based on our dog's needs and they provide excellent recommendations!

Petco is definitely my go to for all my dog's needs! And he always has a blast when we visit any of the Petco locations.
Stella B.
denmark, WI
Petco is an easily accessible local neighborhood pet store that I have been visiting for my pet food needs for my whole life. I can't leave five stars due to the lack of care given to the animals that are for sale in the store by the employees. They do not always hire the right people to give each animal the right amount of care that they need and deserve and it's sad to see. I have adopted a handful of animals from Petco to give them a home if they look especially in need and always feel bad for not being able to take more of them home with me.
Abigail S.
Marysville, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I like this store and so does my three year old he loves to look at all the critters and so do i we bought a hamster today the hamster was a little overpriced and so are the hamster accessories food etc you can definitely find a better deal for accessories on chewy.com but the overall experience was pretty good the hamster is also very sweet and just a thought use something other than cardboard boxes to send hamsters home in our hamster chewed through ours in about five minutes good thing I put the box inside a thick plastic bag first because before we knew it out popped her tiny head from a hole she ate in the box also the animals all seemed well cared for and clean and healthy
Arielle M.
Brighton, MI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
They just built a brand new petco by my house and it is fabulous. They even have a vet at this location where we were able to get vaccinations for our puppy for way cheaper than the vet. Sign up for their pals rewards!! It's a free rewards system that gives you $5 for every $100 spent. They also have rewards you can add to your rewards card to earn extra points or get extra money back. It's so worth it if you spend a lot of money spoiling your pets like we do!
Kaylee D.
Washington, DC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Their prices are great, and they have everything I could possibly need for my pets! They have literally any solution to any problem I could ever have with my pets! And they even carry my dog's favorite treats which is amazing considering she has allergies to almost every treat on the market, making it impossible to find treats for her like anywhere! And their pals rewards card gives me amazing discounts on everything from crickets for my lizard to treats and food for my cats and dog! I highly recommend them for all your pet needs!
Priscilla T.
Marana, AZ
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I love the Petco in our area. The store is always clean and the staff is very friendly. The only thing I think they could improve is the staff should not try to educate on things they don't really have in depth knowledge of (like pet illnesses), I've had, on more than one occasion, a staff member try to "educate" me with "information" that those of us in the veterinary field are constantly refuting.
Colette C.
I love Petco! The cute boutique fell makes my Rose feel at home. We went here for the first time during the holidays and fell in love with how personalized everything was. Their dog accessories are top notch and offer plenty of variety. And the prices are great. I get plenty of emails with coupons and I have yet to pay full price for anything there. Highly recommend stopping by and just wandering around.
Shelby R.
Kansas City, MO
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
The only complaint I have is they seriously need to update their rewards system. If you get a coupon or reward, you have to go online and add it to your member account, it isn’t automatically loaded to your account. Besides that, we exclusively shop at PetCo. Not only do they have the best prices and quality, but their staff is kind and knowledgeable. They genuinely care about pets, not just profits.
Katrina M.
When first shopping at Petco I was very happy with the company. However the major fluctuating prices within days, online, and among various locations and the availability of products offered, I have to give this location 3 stars. I have had to travel to multiple locations looking for products needed for my pets, called in advance, said I was on my way and then when I got there, they were out.
Amanda C.
Estero, FL
Petco or petsmart?
Morgan S.
Foxboro, MA
How would you rate the product selection for bigger dogs at Petco?
Rebel B.
Canon, GA
What do you buy when you shop at Petco?
Bethany W.
Chesapeake, OH
Does anyone else feel as if they are overly priced on things that don't seem to be a great quality for the price.
Kate S.
Highland Mills, NY
Would you recommend petco or petsmart?