PETA People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
Top Questions See all 701 Q&A
- "I do think this group still does some good and I believe they started off with very good intentions, but they have truly gone downhill." in 22 reviews
- "PeTA is an insane, terrorist-like organization that uses scare tactics to bully people (especially children) who don't succumb to their extremest beliefs." in 10 reviews
- "A few years ago they put up hateful billboards referencing an obese woman as a "beached whale" they've been known to throw blood on people wearing fur." in 9 reviews
- "No big deal if they want to be vegetarians, no big deal if they don't like testing on animals, but villainizing people who eat meat or hunt, or even wear fur, is just going too far." in 8 reviews
- "That being said, I do not agree 100% with all of PETA views & opinions, however, I do agree with their intentions to raise awareness for something they strongly believe in!" in 8 reviews
I dont even know if it interests anyone but I still would like to tell you how disappointed I am in PETA. they claim that they want to help animals but i guess when a report is not prestige enough to eventually get coverage for people will just be ignored. I reported a case of animal neglect and cruelty twice and both times ended up being IGNORED by the person at PETA after a few initial emails. I asked for help and submitted and entire report with pictures, names, times and other evidence. After I was told it needs more recent information I met up with a neighbor of the family concerned with the abuse to their dog IMMEDIATELY and provided the PETA contact that I had been talking to with all the information.I NEVER RECEIVED A REPLY! THE NEIGHBOR WAS NEVER CALLED! I asked for an update on the case I NEVER RECEIVED AN ANSWER. and this is already the second time this had happened. At least they should have the decency to admit that a case is not important or glamorous enough to deal with it. Shame on them for claiming they want to help all animals and then when someone gives you a lead just ignoring the people that want to help!Extremely unprofessional and disappointing!
My positive is that it is an amazing cause and a problem that needs to be fixed in regards to animal cruelty, etc.... But the way I have seen them go about promoting the cause is way to negative, there are much better ways to get the point across than throwing fake blood on themselves. The other totally inappropriate action I saw was PETA protesting infront of a circus I was taking my son to (he was maybe 6 or 7) at the time and the protesters were yelling the word "Pedifile" and other harsh words with let alone my child there but lots of children going into the circus!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos