by Pet Smart Grreat Choice
Ask a Question
Brittney P.
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX

Do your dogs actually leave these on, I bought a similar pair for my smaller dogs and she was walking funny and took them off, then would put up a fight if I tried to put them back on, so this was a miss in my case...any tips?
Gabbi B.
Gabbi B.
May 19, 2014, 12:10 a.m.
My dogs don't like them, but I have a lot of neighbors that don't use pet-friendly rock salt in the winter, plus it is frequently in the negative digits for weeks at a time, so they don't really have much choice. From experience, some tips I have learned -- put them on at the very last second. After they're dressed and you're dressed and getting ready to go out the door, that's the time to do it, so they're not standing there with time to get them off. Make sure their foot is aligned properly inside the boot, because if they're not, that's when they end up walking funny. If you can get the boot on and then make them shift their weight onto that foot before you pull the Velcro tight, you can usually make sure the paw is aligned correctly. Also, make sure you pull the Velcro as tight as possible. Don't worry, you won't cut off circulation, and you will probably end up with a huge end flap just hanging off, but if you don't, they will be able to flick the boot off when they're walking. It also helped for me to pick them up and carry them down the stairs and then set them down in the snow -- the stairs were especially troublesome and they ALWAYS came off on the stairs! Good luck this next winter! :)
Cynthia Grace A.
Cynthia Grace A.
Nov. 1, 2013, 2:28 a.m.
My dog chewed them off when I wasn't looking!
Katy E.
Katy E.
March 28, 2013, 10:06 a.m.
My dogs don't enjoy these, but its better than them hurting their paws when the roads are salted in the winter. They take them off with their teeth any chance they get!
Kara S.
Kara S.
Nov. 11, 2012, 5:03 p.m.
My puppy throws a fit putting them on but then eventually leaves them on and acts like nothing is different. I think it all just depends on the dog.
Lisa L.
Lisa L.
Oct. 12, 2012, 4:09 p.m.
Neither of my dogs liked to wear them so it is maybe a hit or miss some dogs like it and others don't.
marie A.
marie A.
Oct. 10, 2012, 5:12 p.m.
Lol well for my dog did not like it, At all!
Connie L.
Connie L.
Oct. 4, 2012, 3:38 p.m.
It may just take some getting used to. My dog wears booties. Just try getting him or her to wear one maybe at night. Maybe to tight at the time?

Join Now