BY PET GEAR

Now your dog can join in on the snuggle-fest in bed, on the couch and other furniture with ease. These pet gear soft step iii pet stairs in oatmeal color are perfect for smaller and older dogs to get the lift they need. Wider and deeper stair landings make getting up the stairs convenient. Fleece cover removes for easy cleaning in the machine. Rubber grippers on bottom to keep it securely in place wherever you decide to put it. see more...

• Does your pet actually use this? My beds are so high for ...1 Answers
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
The assembly directions are in picture form, groan, which can sometimes be a little confusing at first. Once you lay everything out just study the picture pretty carefully and it will go together fast. The cover was easy to put on and there was plenty of fabric to cover the whole thing well. The steps do have a downward slant like one reviewer said, but I think that is to facilitate a dogs natural gate. I have a little 9lb Papillon who can easily leap up 26 inches to the bed, but I was worried she'd hurt a leg leaping down at 9 years old now. It took a half hour to train her to use it correctly and to slow down and not leap down from the top step. The tough part was teaching her to bring her toys up the stairs, she has never used steps before. Papillons are very smart little dogs, but with patience and a favorite toy I think any dog could be trained to use these pretty fast. The steps are secure and do not wobble, they might be a bit narrow for larger dogs to feel secure but for small to medium dogs the width is fine. Be sure to snap every piece into the holes leaving no gaps and it will end up feeling solid. It will make the dog feel secure if it is put together right and the bottom stabilizer piece is securely in both holes when you finish the assembly. I can't say if it will hold a 150 lb dog like advertised, but if your dog is really big I would spend the money and get something more heavy duty.
Kate W.
San Diego, CA
When my little dog was a puppy she was too little to get up onto the bed so we used these stairs and they were perfect! She's now 6 years old and 10 lbs and has no issue so I got rid of the product but I know the day will come when she gets older and doesn't have the same hops she used to. I will definitely purchase this product again for her to use when that day comes.
Beca M.
Winter Haven, fl
I love these steps... or should I say that my dogs love these steps. I bought them originally for my aging boxer. But since then I've gotten a puppy so now not only does my boxer use these to get up on my bed, but so does the puppy.
Kerby C.
My pug has to use these stairs to get up to the bed every night. I did not feel comfortable with him jumping off the bed, I was worried about his joints. This solved the problem! They are sturdy and do not feel cheap.
Chelsey C.
Westfield, MA
I once had an overweight cat that could not jump up to the bed anymore. I wish i had known about this product before!
SASSAFRASS N.
Having three little dog's that are all bedbug's this is a must have in my household. It work's great, the cover washes up nice. Overall a fantastic product!
If you have a small-medium sized dog(s) or a cat(s) this product is a must have for your beloved pet.
Alexandria S.
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
Does your pet actually use this? My beds are so high for my dog but I'm not sure I want to purchase one