BY PET FACTORY

Boots and barkley natural rawhide chips - 32 oz. see more...

Pet Factory Boots and Barkley Natural Rawhide Chips - 32 oz.
  • "What a great product both my doggies go hours chewing on these things." in 1 review
  • "These keep my small dog entertained for hours, but they only last my large dog about 10 minutes-he gets them moist enough that he can swallow them whole, which is incredibly dangerous for his intestines and could potentially result in him needing surgery." in 1 review
  • "I give him one almost every day and he makes quick work of it." in 1 review
  • "One of my dogs favorite treats." in 1 review
Ashley B.
Dundalk, MD
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Don't ever give your dog a rawhide chew. They don't digest properly and can become stuff in their throats or stomach. I honestly don't know why they still make these things.
Erika T.
Lewis Center, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
I have a 50 pound German Shepherd mix and she LOVES these rawhide chips.

I like that they are thin and medium in size because she doesn't choke on them or try to swallow large chunks. As a reminder, any treat should be given to a dog under supervision.

I usually give her one 2-3 times a week and she has never had any problem chewing or digesting them. Also one perk of chewing on them is that her teeth are in great shape. I took her to the vet a couple months ago for a skin tag check and the vet told me her teeth were "beautiful" 3 times.

The value of these is pretty good, they are available at Target.
Valerie L.
Charlotte, NC
Both of my dogs completely love these, maybe a little too much! These keep my small dog entertained for hours, but they only last my large dog about 10 minutes-he gets them moist enough that he can swallow them whole, which is incredibly dangerous for his intestines and could potentially result in him needing surgery. So with that being said, if you have a small to medium size dog, this is a great treat, but if you have a larger dog I would go for a rawhide bone instead since there is more shape to keep them from swallowing large chunks.
Kelley B.
Hackettstown, NJ
I would never give nor recommend any of my friends or clients to give their pets rawhides, especially "rawhide chips". Rawhides to begin with can cause digestive upset in dogs but also there is a great safety risk associated with these. Dogs can choke when the pieces get too small and if you do decide to use these I cannot stress enough to please please please keep a diligent eye on your dog while he is chewing one. Before I knew any better my dachshund had a rawhide (full size which had been chewed down) and he began choking. Luckily I was there and had to pry the piece of rawhide out of his throat. A very scary moment. This brand already having the pieces starting small as "chips" was not a very smart move at all on their part.
Meghan M.
My dogs love rawhides. I normally get then a different brand, but we were low and I was at Target, so I figured I would try these ones. There are a few decent sizes pieces, but for the most part, these are too small and VERY flimsy. My dogs go through one in a minute, if that. I really wouldn't recommend these and won't be buying them again. If you want decent rawhides, go with a different brand.
Jennifer S.
Spring Hill, FL
Please do NOT use these or any rawhide for your dog. My dog got rawhide stuck in his throat, and my vet said he was lucky because some dogs get it stuck in their intestines and need surgery since they can not digest the rawhide. I will go with an easier to digest chew from now on like bully sticks, (tendon and ligament) or even pig ears. My dog's health and safety are most important!
Liz S.
Chattanooga, TN
These rawhides are a good value for how many you get. My babies love them! My only advice is don't give them everyday. While dogs love rawhide, they do have a hard time digesting it. We limit outs to getting them ONLY when we really need them to stay occupied by themselves such as when we have company over or want to sit down and watch a movie or something.
Jesslyn C.
Barksdale Afb, LA
My dog is about 25-30lbs mixed breed who loves chews. I tried this out while at Target. This is the first and only time he has thrown up when eating something and not sick. We verified that it was the cause when we checked the throw up and eliminated all other possibilities. Will not buy another Boots & Barkley chew or treat.
Rachel F.
Frisco, TX
Honestly, I think all rawhide chips seem to be the same. They all seem to be priced around $12, and my dog doesn't seem to prefer one brand over another. These are just as good as any.
Elizabeth P.
Random Lake, WI
In moderation rawhides are okay, dogs have a hard time digesting them and unless they have a strong stomach that you should only give it to them minimal or not at all. These though are a good value.
Meghan M.
How often do you give your dog a rawhide?
Amber P.
Jacksonville, NC
Are these good for a dog? I love everything boots and Barkley but I'm Not sure how well raw hide chips are.
Darian H.
Athens, Ga
I hear these are not good for dogs, is that true