BY PERRICONE MD

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A potent overnight treatment to richly nourish and support natural elasticity. Solutions for:- Fine lines and wrinkles- Loss of firmness and elasticity- DrynessIf you want to know more… This moisturizer is designed to replenish and protect skin's barrier while restoring antioxidants that are naturally depleted over time. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- PhthalatesResearch results: In a consumer perception study on 103 women after 28 days:- 89% experienced skin that looked revitalized and less fatigued- 80% noticed lines were smoothed and skin looked more toned- 79% noticed an improvement in skin elasticity see more...

Amy D.
Review for: Perricone MD Essential Fx Acyl-Glutathione Intensive Overnight Moisturizer more...
Before I start, I want to declare that I received this item complimentary from Influenster in exchange for an honest review. Free doesn’t cloud my judgement, though. I will give you a TLDR review though if you don’t want to read all of this:  For ME, this is a product I would not purchase on my own, and will likely pass on to a friend or shelter. If you want more input as to why, please continue reading my novel.
I will admit, I was surprised that this was the item I was selected to receive. I have unfortunately not really liked much from the Perricone brand, so admittedly I was not super excited about this item for that reason as well. I know with this rebrand, there’s an opportunity to change that perception, but even with this product being sent to me free of charge and giving it a full 12 days of use…my opinion stands. The pricepoint on this item is $179.00. Not the most I would spend on an antiaging product, but generally speaking, not something I’d spend on a cream, esp in a jar, and least of all one without growth factors or something pretty intense.
Coming in a jar is a strike against just about any skincare product, I am not a fan jars in general. Air plus hands going into them is kind of, frankly, gross.  So I will say up front--not only was the fact that it was a night cream disappointing (I don’t know why a regular cream wouldn’t work just as well?) but the fact that it was in a traditional jar, was another huge strike against it. While it’s a lovely jar, it’s still a jar. So we’re down two strikes already.
The formulation, to me, is very unusual for a night cream, especially one that says "intensive". It’s a whipped cream, mousse-like, and is unusually fast-absorbing for any kind of cream. It is very similar to the PhotoPlasma day cream with spf, which I didn’t personally care for, and having used both, I don’t find either product particularly moisturizing.  I wouldn’t say my skin is particularly dry outside of winter, but this is more of a summer night cream, vs a winter night cream, and doesn’t feel rich enough to me. I felt like I still had to put something over it, and that it has a “slick” silicone primer type drydown. The pro of this type of formulation is obviously faster absorption of the product before any of the vital ingredients can evaporate. It’s also less heavy, which helps those with sensitive and oilier skins.  On the other hand, a night cream is usually really rich so your body has time to absorb it while you sleep, and intensely moisturize. Because of that texture and, quite honestly, the lack of intense moisture, if you have dry skin, I don’t think this is going to work well for you in that regard.
Then a little about a few of the ingredients:
Lactic Acid: excellent, exfoliates the skin well without being overly irritating. Also a great ingredient if you have keratosis pilaris, which I happen to also have on my face. Thumbs up.
S-Palmitoylglutathione is an ingredient patented by Perricone. In the brand’s studies and testing, “it worked well to replenish the natural glutathiaone your skin naturally loses as it ages.”  It isn’t an ingredient that is a quick fix, though. In their studies it showed results at the 4 week mark at the earliest. I’d still like to understand how much of this ingredient is in the cream, and how it is utilized by the skin once it’s applied, because it ranks several ingredients below items like water and shea butter, and lends me to believe it’s not a significant quantity in the cream, however it’s possible you need very little to get results.  I would probably prefer a serum type product if the ingredient is truly effective, simply for a higher percentage of the ingredient. Jury is still out on this.
The one that, unfortunately, was a huge disappointment for me was copper gluconate, which is explained best via PubChem: “copper forms complexes with the thiocarbamate disulfiram (DSF) forming DSF-copper complexes, which enhances the DSF-mediated inhibition of the 26S proteasome; proteasome inhibition may result in inhibition of cellular protein degradation, cessation of cell cycle progression, inhibition of cellular proliferation, and the induction of apoptosis in susceptible tumor cell populations.”  Sounds all well and good--but there’s nothing about topical applications, and, more importantly, is very harmful to aquatic life--both short term and long term. Eventually this stuff is going to go down the drain, right? When you wash your face, or if you don’t fully rinse the jar out after you finish it, or if it’s thrown out after being returned. That will eventually hit the oceans which are already in trouble.  I am not a 100% clean green beauty person, I value efficacy and quality ingredients over just about anything else. But I am becoming a little more wary of things that are known to cause environmental damage, especially to oceans, because we need our oceans and the creatures in them--if not for food and water, then for agriculture and trade. So seeing that ingredient is kind of disappointing for me.
So...if you made it this far, thanks for reading this.  I still gave it just a couple days under 2 weeks before I reviewed it, and while I am aware that the 4 week mark is more important for the primary ingredient, the included Rosemary is too much for my face.  It may work well for YOU, and i hope that it does despite it’s painful pricetag.
Amanda C.
Branford, FL
I have been using this product for a little over 2 1/2 weeks. I usually use another well known brand serum and overnight moisturizer, so I at least have something I can really compare this product against. I am blown away by the differences. Hands down, Perricone MD overnight moisturizer left my face feeling hydrated, less wrinkly, no residue, no oily skin feeling, and also left a nice fresh scent that wasn't overpowering like my normal brand.

My husband even noticed the difference. He asked if I had changed my routine, to find I had also switched to another brand to try out. You can't beat that remark from your hubby. When he notices something, then I know he is paying attention. Even better when I dont have to say anything about it. Lol.

So, with that being said, I highly recommend this product. I am 40 yo. Non-smoker. Social drinker, which isn't often. Just stating this for a fair review, as alcohol and smoking can and does affect the skin. **Note: This product was received as a complimentary gift for review from Influenster*** (I still highly recommend it)
Katharyn H.
Hickory, NC
Review for: Perricone MD Essential Fx Acyl-Glutathione Intensive Overnight Moisturizer 2 oz/ 59 mL more...
Lovely....that is the best and most honest way to describe this top notch skin cream product!! Perricone MD has done it so right with this one!
From the first touch of this thick, creamy, lovely smelling moisturizer...I knew I was hooked! I have combination skin and I was worried that something that stated intensive overnight moisturizer might make my skin oily and potentially cause breakouts! But this didn't happen at all. After using several nights before bed....I woke up to soft skin that looked and felt healthier! I can already tell that it is working to help my fine lines and aging skin! My skin has looked like it actually has more color to it...so the products antioxidants must be working hard!!! I love this!!
I was graciously sent this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.
Amanda S.
Orlando, FL
I want to start by saying I REALLY like this moisturizer, and I think it is a great product. I received this complimentary from Influenster in their voxbox. When I received it, I did not know the retail price. I started using it and was extremely happy with the results. The first use I woke up the next day with my skin feeling super soft and smooth. It definitely moisturizes well without being heavy or oily. It smells really nice in my opinion and the scent is not fake or perfume-y. I have used it for several weeks and I can say my skin looks and feels very good, it has not broken me out whatsoever and I enjoy using it more than any other moisturizer I own. However, would I pay $179 for it? I don't think so, and although I really like this I can't say it is worth that price. It is a very good product, but I still have lines, and I don't see any miracles, which is what I would expect for that price. For reference I have dry/combo skin and break out easily
Marie B.
Love Perricone MD's newest night moisturizer

It's been a little over one week since I received the #PerriconeMD Essentials Fx Acyl-Glutathione Intensive Overnight Moisturizer free from #Influenster. I have to say, I'm impressed! The cream is lux yet not greasy, it sinks in to my skin beautifully. It works well with my serum and other skin products. I can honestly see and feel my skin becoming firmer and the elasticity returning especially in the neck/jaw area (which is one of my main facial concerns) and my skin is so soft. I can't wait to see how much better my skin becomes using it, which I will continue to do. Thank you @Influenster and @PerriconeMD for the chance to try this great product.
Joanna L.
Paterson , NJ
Free to try and review @voxbox @influenster @sephora so far I’ve been using it for 4 days and I have seen dramatic results. Love this product definitely will keep purchasing. I highly recommend everyone try’s it! I will definitely be posting pictures on the difference in my eyes. My skin looks more rejuvenated, the creases are all ready gone love the ingredients in it. And I see the brightening under my eyes. I love this product thank you #influenter #sephora #voxbox free to try and review.
Vicki B.
Dobbs Ferry, NY
I received this as a recent VoxBox sample. Packaging walks the right balance between premium and medicalized for the branding. Cream is thick and luxe on the fingers and initial application to the face. Scent is lightly grapefruit with chemical undertones -- not actively appealing but not offensive. After wearing overnight skin still feels a bit coated, leaning toward the slightly greasy, and I felt anxious to go wash my face. It does seem like it's doing a very good job hydrating my 50+ year old skin. Face feels plump and smooth and forehead lines feel less prominent. So I would call this a highly functional product, with moderate enjoyment to use. Would love to try the daycream to see if I was less heavy in terms of residue.
Melissa F.
Review for: Other more...
I received the Perricone Smoothing & Brightening under-eye cream from Influenster to test out. I really like it a lot. Feels so creamy and smooth that I’m tempted to rub it all over my face. I can see a difference in the fine lines under my eyes especially after I apply makeup after I apply the cream. My makeup doesn’t set in the lines like it used to and makes my skin smooth under my eyes.
Angela B.
Haslet, TX
I gave used this product every day since delivery, and I am so very happy. Enthusiastic is better. I'm 46 and have always been told I look younger than my age, but now it happens all the time. People think my 2 yr old grandson is mine.
This overnight moisturizer is so smooth and lightweight, I don't feel the need to wash my face immediately after applying, which happens quite often when I try something new. I would love for my mom to try it and may have to get her some soon.
Thank you for the chance to try and to review this product.
Emily N.
Senoia, GA
This was a nice night cream. The texture was wonderful and it soaked in immediately. It did not feel greasy or too heavy. I noticed a slight plumping of lines, but not anything major. The main problem I had was the fragrance. I am very sensitive to fragrance and do not like any in my face creams. It wasn’t so strong that I got a headache, but annoying until the scent went away. I received this for free from Influenster and Perricone MD to test and review.

Sephora