BY CLINIQUE #16 in Eye Creams & Treatments

A pep rush for eyes. Just 3 seconds to look wide awake, refreshed. Hydrates, brightens, perks you up. Its cool touch and de-puffing tip help keep eyes looking fresh. Smooths the way for makeup, too. Have it on hand. Ophthalmologist Tested. see more...

• Do you guys think that this product works?? Pep-Start™ Eye Cream1 Answers
  • Does this product look okay with makeup over it? I hate when some f...1 Answers
  • Do your eyes look refresh after using it ? Can you see the result?2 Answers
Buy on Clinique*
Kirby F.
Kirby F.
Lloyd Harbor, NY
I am definitely no stranger of Clinique products, I have been using their skin care products for years now. I have seen this product out for a while, the packaging of the eye cream always intrigued me so I'm very excited to finally have my hands on it. I thought this was a cream to apply at night but they recommend using it in the morning and night. The packaging directs you to apply a small amount and swipe in a circular motion, including your eyelids. I'm surprised about the application to the eyelids, I usually don't apply cream to my eyelids. However, I followed their directions. The cream was a lot thicker than I thought it would be and a pea size is definitely too much, even for both eyes. I think I have applied too much, my eyes feel heavy and a little greasy. Besides my eyes feeling sticky I'm actually pretty impressed with how awake and brightened my eyes really look. It surely is not a miracle product, I can still see a little darkness underneath my eyes but its nothing horrible that makeup can't fix. Its probably not my favorite product of Clinique, but it works and it upholds my trust and expectations of the brand.
Valerie D.
Valerie D.
San Francisco, CA
I love this eye cream and use it daily. I find that it is very hydrating and helps to slightly plump up my undereye area, which tends to have a few fine lines. The moisturizing and plumping effect is my main requirement for an eye cream. There are some great ingredients in this product, like peptides to help with collagen production and sodium hyaluronate to help bring water into the skin cells. These are both great anti-aging ingredients in my opinion, as an aesthetic nurse who works with medical-grade skin care.

However, even though I love this product, I almost took 1 star off because I did not notice any brightening, as the product claims. Personally, I did not expect this product to brighten, since dark circles on the undereye area can be caused by many different factors which may require many different treatments/products.

For this product's hydrating and anti-aging benefits alone it earns 5 stars in my book =)
Cat C.
Cat C.
Arlington, VA
This is a pretty good daytime eye lotion! I personally don't think it's thick enough to call a cream, but that's not a bad thing when you're planning to apply makeup over your eye product. It's not as effective at de-puffing under-eye bags as my go-to morning eye cream, nor does it have reflective particles to decrease the appearance of dark circles like my Dermalogica Total Eye Care-SPF15 does, but the Pep-Start is a slightly lighter weight texture, which I like, and it does bring down the puffiness somewhat. The packaging is cute, it doesn't have a scent (that I can tell, at least), and it's a reasonable price for a department store skin-care brand.

I'd recommend Pep-Start Eye Cream for people who don't have severe under-eye bags, don't want a heavy eye cream under their makeup, or don't want to spend a ton of money.
Angee L.
Angee L.
I received this product in my recent Sephora Play box. I had never heard of it until then but decided to give it a shot after reading about it. Holy buckets am I impressed!! I have used it for about a week now in the mornings prior to putting on makeup. It literally makes any bags disappear and firm up my skin. The scent is wonderful and makes me feel alive. The best part is you have to literally use the smallest amount. I use about the size of a pin head per under eye and it goes a looong way. Serious, my sample will last months and when it runs out, I definitely will be purchasing the full size. I don't know how i have gone so long without it. Truly an amazing beauty product. I recommend buying!
Sara S.
Sara S.
Cambridge, MD
I do not normally use an eye cream for the most part, but I decided to give this one a go after receiving a sample. While it doesn't do anything to remove dark circles on me, it works well at keeping the eye area hydrated to remove small wrinkles and prevent new ones from occurring. Also found that it does de-puff the eyes. Does have a slight cooling feel, but not the extreme cooling feel that are in other skin care products, just enough that you can barely feel. Really like the product but its hard to find in stores. While a good product, is very pricey, which unfortunately, might keep a lot of people from trying it. Highly recommend nonetheless.
Meaghan D.
Meaghan D.
Nashua, NH
So close to loving this. The cream is great, feels very moisturizing, the only bad part is the applicator. You have to pop open the top and squirt out a tiny bit and then when you close the top even more comes out. I end up putting it on my finger then under and around my eyes. I work nights and even with a chronic lack of sleep, I have noticed a difference in puffiness, lines, and dark circles. I find myself wearing less under I concealer which is a huge bonus because I have yet to find a perfect fit. I will definitely keep buying! Side note: Sephora sells this with a mascara and eyeliner for the same price as the lotion itself!
Samantha K.
Samantha K.
Plano, TX
So I've been using this every night for about a month now, and I can't say I've seen a difference. Now, the past two weeks or so I've had an insane schedule where I've slept little to none some nights. I'm talking about sleeping for two hours in the evening and being up all night till the next day, another 2-4 hour naps. Usually when this happens, my eyes look like death, but I must say they look fine. I'm not sure if it's the product, but I'm not willing to test that theory lmao. You go, Clinique! It's creamy, with a smooth application. Easy to absorb and feels very hydrating.
Divya R.
Divya R.
Camas, WA
I tried this product before a night out and loved the way it made my eye area look brighter and more refreshed! I was actually amazed at how quickly I noticed a difference. The texture is really nice, and it blended smoothly into my skin and under my foundation. The packaging was slightly tricky, but wasn't a deal breaker for me. If you just gently push the orange ball up with your finger and then squeeze the tube slightly, it works just fine. I also made sure to gently push the ball back down when I was done. This is definitely going to be a go-to product for me!
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
I have recently become of a skin care junkie. In my younger days I didn't really do much to help my skin (i.e. never wore sunscreen). Now I have to deal with that plus the terrible darkness under my eyes. This product has really helped with that. I dab a tiny bit under each eye and use two fingers to pat it in. It helps reduce the purple tones there and makes it easier to cover with makeup. This does not completely negate the need for under eye concealer but it helps. I did receive this in my Sephora Play box and will repurchase once the sample is gone.
Leah C.
Leah C.
Gwynn Oak, MD
I got this as a sample in my Play box. I have been applying every morning for about two weeks. I was shocked at how well it works! Almost immediately I noticed a difference and it keeps improving. My stubborn dark circles have diminished greatly, my fine lines are significantly reduced, and the skin feels more taut in general. I'm so impressed, I wish I had before and after pics. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that I have one deep stubborn wrinkle under each eye that won't budge. I will purchase the full size and see if continued use helps.
adithi D.
adithi D.
durban
Does this help with fine lines?
Melissa K.
Melissa K.
After applying this, does it leave a greasy kind of shiny look under your eye then do you feel the need to add concealer?
Kimberly e.
Kimberly e.
Has anyone tried this?what's your opinion?
margarita m.
margarita m.
miami, FL
What is the main effect of this eye cream?
Jaqueline G.
Jaqueline G.
I've never used an eye cream and this is the one I'm interesting on getting, is it really worth it? What does?