BY PENTEL

RSVP is one of the most popular ballpoint pens from Pentel. The long barrel accepts a larger ink refill, which allows you to write for almost a mile! The stylish design and well-balanced barrel makes this pen a favorite. No matter what size hand you have, the long barrel makes this pen exceptionally easy to use and the durable, stainless steel tip delivers a consistent line without skipping. Learn more at http://www.pentel.com/store/pentel-r-s-v-p-ballpoint-pen-1. see more...

Pentel RSVP
  • "I have really small handwriting, so it is hard to find pens that are fine point, and this is my favorite ball point pen." in 25 reviews
  • "The Pentel RSVP is my current favorite pen - I've been using it non-stop since it arrived in the mail for work, taking notes, drawing doodles, etc..." in 24 reviews
  • "I like to pick up one pen of every color and use them to color code my notes (the find ones work best for me) They do sometimes skip and sometimes they get clumpy, but they write really smoothly and they last for a really long time! " in 19 reviews
  • "I found out that a 2 pack is only a dollar at dollar tree and i hope to find fine tip color pack before classes start again!" in 18 reviews
  • "I really like this been and all colors too great for taking notes and writing important stuff in black I find it that my hand don't hurt as much when writing with this pens" in 16 reviews
Robert M.
Louisville, KY
I'm a pen nut, constantly in search of the perfect pen.  I've probably purchased almost every disposable pen on the market at one time and seem to have a new favorite almost every year.

I've avoided the Pentel RSVP until recently for a few reasons.  The first is that it's a straight ballpoint.  I preferred gels or hybrid inks which tend to give a nicer line and more pleasing appearance.  Secondly is that it has always looked slender, uncomfortable, and... cheap.

Finally, after several years of ruining pockets and clothes with "better" pens I'd accidentally left uncapped or accidentally clicked, I decided it was time to look for a decent ballpoint pen with a cap.  Ballpoints tend to offer a little more resistance to rolling and don't wick out like rollerballs and some gels and hybrid ink pens do.

The RSVP is not the first I tried.  Ink Joy makes a capped pen that writes pretty well, but it's triangular shape is annoying to write with and it feels cheap in the hand.   BIC's classic Stics and Cristal pens aren't that bad, but put off too much of a "I stole this from the bank" vibe.   The Papermate Flexgrips that got me through college are hard to find and seem stuck in the 90s in terms of the way they write.

Enter the RSVP.  It's a solid, well built pen that, in its fine point version that I purchased, lays down a nice clean line that doesn't skip, but also gives enough resistance so that those of us with poor handwriting control (mine looks like a doctor trapped in an earthquake) can actually produce legible text with it.   And the best part is that its cap stays put with a nice snap and it goes into a pocket without (so far) any messy breaks or explosions.   The grip and size feel nice in my hands and do not cause any fatigue when used.    And they look a little nicer than your average cheap ballpoint pen.  And you can get them for just a little more money than your average cheap pen.

Highly recommended.

Cruzita N.
The best pen I have ever written with and by far the most reliable. I have not been disappointed with this pen. I have used this pen since I was in high school where I first encountered it. I buy them every season right before school starts and keep them in my purse at my desk and in my car. The ink is flawlessly smooth and the pen is well balanced so extensive writing assignments are not a problem. Buy them use them and love them is my best advice.
Anaise V.
I absolutely love this pen but it has a very short lifespan in my experience. I love the super fine Tip and the actual look and shape of the pen. My problem is after a few days of using this pen I realize an excessive amount of ink will come out while writing which results in smeared lettering. Happens to me every time I purchase it. Will no longer be buying these!
Kate S.
Woonsocket, RI
It's a little weird to right a review about my love affair with this pen but, I'll give it a shot.

Dear RSVP,

I have loved you since high school. The size of your barrel, the "inkiness" your provide me, you fancy rubber grip that cradles my fingers in love, boo, you get me. Purple and me, we go wayyyy back.

Love you. Xoxo. Kate
Teresa N.
Silver Spgs, FL
For the most part these are great pens. They are comfortable to hold in your hand. The ink flows pretty well until you get towards the end of the ink barrel. Then they start to skip a bit. i have only seen these pens in black and blue ink, not to say they don't come in other colors but thats what I have seen.
Astry C.
Beaufort, SC
Seriously like just about every kid has used this pen brand & it's for a reason. They are great for smooth, clean, no smearing writing. They aren't super thick so they won't take up so much space in a pencil case & they come in different colors when is great for studying or editing papers or lab reports.
Devon L.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Where to even start with these pens! I never thought I would love or have a favorite pen but after using these, they are my absolute favorite. They write so well and glide on paper perfectly. The tip gives out just enough product and it does not bleed and dries quickly. If you are looking for a good pen don't hesitate picking these up, you won't regret it, they are amazing
Mallory C.
Dallas , TX
Favorite pen of all time!! From 6th grade till now (I'm 32) you can find at least 2 of these pens in my desk. They can be hard to find in the store, but amazon has them cheaper. The color selection is great for when you're bored of black or blue. The ink lasts a long time so you're getting what you pay for with these pens.
Ashley M.
Greensboro, NC
I write really large so I like the medium tip these pens are known for having the fine tip but they do come in multiple variations of the tip and the writing style of the pen so I really enjoy the RSVP pens they have been a favorite of my family for years I remember being a little girl and seeing my sister right in her diary with the RSVP pen
Christal M.
Ellenwood, GA
These are the only pens I write with. They have a comfortable grip that allows you to write for long period without hurting no your fingers. I love the fine point, it keeps everything neat and clean and no ink bleed. On top of all that it's cheap. I get a pack of 2 at Dollar Tree for $1
Emery T.
hollywood, SC
Can you write with it for a while?
Brooke W.
CAledonia, MI
Have any of you seen any other colors besides black in this pen?
Tlaltzin M.
Sacramento, CA
Whats your favorite pen color?
Amanda M.
Comment Below if you think this pen is great for taking notes, it glides easy and is very comfortable to write with right??
Sara P.
Seattle, WA
Where do you purchase these?