Peloton Cycle uploaded by Emre Y.Peloton Cycle uploaded by Kyle V.

BY PELOTON CYCLE #84 in Fitness Classes & Programs

Peloton Cycle is a smart indoor exercise bike. It has a Wi-Fi connection and an HD touchscreen display. Cyclists can stream live spin classes on the HD screen or access those classes on demand.

The Peloton bike has three features:

1) 21.5” 1080p Multi-touch, Sweat-resistant Tablet

2) Live And On-demand Cycling Classes From The Top Instructors In New York City

3) Interactivity With Your Friends And A Leaderboard With Thousands Of Members

• Is the expense worth it for an avid spin cycler / how frequent woul...2 Answers
  • There are several different indoor cycles that are less expensive. ...2 Answers
rebecca b.
rebecca b.
brooklyn, NY
Let me start by saying I can't ride a bike and before peloton I had never taken a spin class. I stumbled across this online in late 2015 and for reasons I still can't explain knew I needed it immediately. Finally in February it took the plunge and splurged on this high ticket item. While it is pricey it pays for itself and is literally one of the best things I have ever owned. For about 2000 you get a high end well built spin bike with a large 20 or so inch touch screen tablet. For 40 dollars a month you get access to about 10 or so live rides that take place in their Chelsea studio where you can also ride. All of these rides plus other content and shorter rides which are not filmed with riders in studio are also avalible on demand. They currently have about 3000 rides in demand and live rides are up within 24 hours. There are a full set of metrics and a leader board on the screen to track your progress. All can be hidden from view and there are filters in the leaderboard to filter who you are "competing" against. There are about 10 instructors who are all great and all offer something different. One of the mantra surrounding peloton is "more that a bike". There is a huge social media component surround this bike if that's something your interested in. Riders and instructors are very active on social media which makes this different from other at home workouts. When you ride live instructors see your stats on the leaderboard and shout outs are both thrilling and terrifying but make you feel connected to the class even though you can be at home by your self and thousands of miles from NYC. I really can't recommend this enough almost 7 months in I had done almost 200 rides and still love it! There is also a referral program that get you and the person whose referal code you use 2 free months which is a nice perk. There are also showrooms all over the country where you can see the bike in person. I've even seen on Facebook people riding in store to celebrate milestones or get in a ride while on vacation.
Sarah C.
Sarah C.
San Mateo
I purchased a Peloton last year and originally was on a role with using it. However after owning it for more than a year now I can say this is for a very specific audience. If you need that group/team feeling with someone watching over you as you workout the Peloton may not be for you (ex. if you enjoy SoulCycle you don't feel the same connection as you may when you take a class in studio). Peloton is also more competitive if you're looking for a good workout and perhaps not as dance-y/fun as SoulCycle this could be for you. But if you want that "dance party" on a bike feel you won't get it from this. Another thing I want to review on is the update of technology. Peloton upgraded their monitors. Would've been great if they released it as a Peloton 2.0 for more expensive or offer a cheaper upgrade option since right now.
Michelle K.
Michelle K.
Massapequa, NY
Once I started going to spin classes I loved it. Then I saw the Peloton and I knew I needed it. Luckily I have a retail store near me and I went and tried out the bike and bought it right then and there. If you are going to use it, it is totally worth it! The classes are extremely challenging, fun and the instructors all having amazing energies. What I love most about peloton is you can really track your progress, being able to see exactly what resistance and cadence you are at. There are also classes like abs, arms, legs, yoga, etc. that you can do off the bike. It is also extremely convenient being able to work out on your own schedule - you can ride live with classes actually going on in Peloton studios or you can take an on demand class at any time. Yes, it is pricey, but if you are going to use it I highly recommend.
Maritza b.
Maritza b.
west seneca, NY
I love going to spinning class and this lets me do it in the comfort of my own home. You can follow along with the virtual classes and they are always challenging
Amy H.
Amy H.
Johnson City, TN
I can't begin to explain how amazing this bike is, it's much more than a bike. If you can afford the initial price tag it will be the best cardio equipment you will ever experience. The live rides are great, but the on demand rides allow you to give the live experience anytime, 24 hours a day. There are a lot of different Facebook groups for different interests, so you end up finding like-minded people to do the rides with at the same time, encourage each other, and compete against each other. Before my bike I only ran, using the bike has improved my running time across all distances.
Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.
There are several different indoor cycles that are less expensive. How is this one different that sets it apart from the rest?
Alyssa T.
Alyssa T.
Brighton, MA
Is the expense worth it for an avid spin cycler / how frequent would one need to go to make this purchase a good buy? Is there a monthly or annual membership that needs to be paid to access the virtual classes?