BY PELOTON CYCLE #17 in Fitness Classes & Programs

Peloton Cycle is a smart indoor exercise bike. It has a Wi-Fi connection and an HD touchscreen display. Cyclists can stream live spin classes on the HD screen or access those classes on demand.

The Peloton bike has three features:

1) 21.5” 1080p Multi-touch, Sweat-resistant Tablet

2) Live And On-demand Cycling Classes From The Top Instructors In New York City

3) Interactivity With Your Friends And A Leaderboard With Thousands Of Members

• Is the expense worth it for an avid spin cycler / how fre...3 Answers
  • There are several different indoor cycles that are less e...2 Answers
Sarah B.
This review is strictly for the app. I use the app on a standard basic spin bike I already had and I love it. I am not able to get to spin classes regularly with 2 small children and the app gives the same experience as going to a class. I have been doing Cody’s classes for a year now and I can say I am never bored. Their are teachers for every taste of music and classes range from 20 mins to 45 mins.
I would love to purchase the bike eventually but for now my set up works great.

They are also developing a treadmill class and I can’t wait to try that as well. Peloton Cycle
Jessica T.
Red Bank
Obsessed. Other then core and arm workouts that I do at home, this is the only workout I swear by. Every ride is different, so you never feel bored or stuck in your workout. The instructors keep you motivated and feeling good about every second you spend on your bike. The six weeks I couldn’t ride my bike due to the birth of my daughter we’re so sad! I couldn’t wait to jump back on and start my journey to my pre baby body with Peloton!
Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
I love cycling classes. Soul Cycle got me hooked a few years ago when I was visiting NYC and found a studio nearby my hotel. Since I live in Texas and we only recently got one in Dallas- too far to drive. I've been exploring other studios. Nothing is exactly the same, but peloton comes closest. I love having the bike in my home. I can literally ride it whenever I want. I don't have to reserve a bike weeks in advance. I don't have to fight traffic to get to a studio. I don't have to pay for parking, water, shoes and all the other crap. I can walk upstairs to my bike and get a great workout in. It's amazing. I love the instructors. Following them on social media also motivates me to participate in their rides. Owning the bike is way cheaper than paying the studio fees. It updates with new rides and live rides constantly. I love it!!!
Michelle K.
Massapequa, NY
Once I started going to spin classes I loved it. Then I saw the Peloton and I knew I needed it. Luckily I have a retail store near me and I went and tried out the bike and bought it right then and there. If you are going to use it, it is totally worth it! The classes are extremely challenging, fun and the instructors all having amazing energies. What I love most about peloton is you can really track your progress, being able to see exactly what resistance and cadence you are at. There are also classes like abs, arms, legs, yoga, etc. that you can do off the bike. It is also extremely convenient being able to work out on your own schedule - you can ride live with classes actually going on in Peloton studios or you can take an on demand class at any time. Yes, it is pricey, but if you are going to use it I highly recommend.
Morgan B.
I can’t afford the nice bike but loooove the app. I use this app on my iPad and have a sunny spin bike that works great together. I absolutely love Jess King as an instructor and ride with her every day. Best app for at home spinners.
Gretchen G.
Pittsburgh , PA
Peloton Bike and classes are the best! This work out equipment has changed our lives. We love the instructors and theme classes. We look forward to riding and making milestones. We feel and look great!
House of Danger D.
Leesburg, VA
The Peloton Cycle is an absolute life changer! Their NYC studio streams 14 live classes per day (where instructors interact with riders) and there are thousands of “on demand” classes ranging from 5 minutes to 90+ mins.

The incredible graphics on the built in tablet give you the same feel as a traditional spin class - but without leaving home or fussing with your best class outfit. #win

Don’t let the initial sticker shock hold you back! Peloton offers 0% financing for the bike and subscription plan - making the initial investment under $100/month - cheaper than most boutique studios and gyms. Once the bike is paid off, the monthly subscription cost is very reasonable to maintain at just $39/month for your entire household - and if you get bored (you won’t!) - you can re-sell for almost the full purchase price to interested riders. **Use code DHJYBP for $100 off your accessories order when you buy your Peloton!**

My husband and I have been on our bike almost daily (sometimes 2-3x a day!) since it was delivered in January. He had never taken a spin class before but he’s hooked on Peloton!

You’ll only regret not buying it sooner! Promise!
Amy H.
Johnson City, TN
I can't begin to explain how amazing this bike is, it's much more than a bike. If you can afford the initial price tag it will be the best cardio equipment you will ever experience. The live rides are great, but the on demand rides allow you to give the live experience anytime, 24 hours a day. There are a lot of different Facebook groups for different interests, so you end up finding like-minded people to do the rides with at the same time, encourage each other, and compete against each other. Before my bike I only ran, using the bike has improved my running time across all distances.
rebecca b.
brooklyn, NY
Let me start by saying I can't ride a bike and before peloton I had never taken a spin class. I stumbled across this online in late 2015 and for reasons I still can't explain knew I needed it immediately. Finally in February it took the plunge and splurged on this high ticket item. While it is pricey it pays for itself and is literally one of the best things I have ever owned. For about 2000 you get a high end well built spin bike with a large 20 or so inch touch screen tablet. For 40 dollars a month you get access to about 10 or so live rides that take place in their Chelsea studio where you can also ride. All of these rides plus other content and shorter rides which are not filmed with riders in studio are also avalible on demand. They currently have about 3000 rides in demand and live rides are up within 24 hours. There are a full set of metrics and a leader board on the screen to track your progress. All can be hidden from view and there are filters in the leaderboard to filter who you are "competing" against. There are about 10 instructors who are all great and all offer something different. One of the mantra surrounding peloton is "more that a bike". There is a huge social media component surround this bike if that's something your interested in. Riders and instructors are very active on social media which makes this different from other at home workouts. When you ride live instructors see your stats on the leaderboard and shout outs are both thrilling and terrifying but make you feel connected to the class even though you can be at home by your self and thousands of miles from NYC. I really can't recommend this enough almost 7 months in I had done almost 200 rides and still love it! There is also a referral program that get you and the person whose referal code you use 2 free months which is a nice perk. There are also showrooms all over the country where you can see the bike in person. I've even seen on Facebook people riding in store to celebrate milestones or get in a ride while on vacation.
Fernanda F.
Arlington , VA
I'm loving it. The classes are very interactive, stimulating and you can go doing according to your level, with specific teacher or for your time available. I enjoyed also being able to pedal in my rhythm by landscapes and always has wonderful playlist. On top of everything you can keep up with all its performance and development!
Alyssa T.
Brighton , MA
Is the expense worth it for an avid spin cycler / how frequent would one need to go to make this purchase a good buy? Is there a monthly or annual membership that needs to be paid to access the virtual classes?
Rebecca A.
There are several different indoor cycles that are less expensive. How is this one different that sets it apart from the rest?