BY PAYPAL #10 in Apps

Online payment service for individuals and merchants. Allows users to send money and bills to anyone with e-mail.

• Do you use Paypal to sell or purchase things online? Both? 148 Answers
  • What is your favorite thing about paypal? Mine is the convenience...8 Answers
  • Do you use Paypal to sell or purchase things online? Both?3 Answers
Paypal
  • "I use PayPal for all my online purchases as it's safe and it make it easy way to use it in the stores without taking out your credit card." in 49 reviews
  • "I legit love PayPal so much that I dread when websites don't work with it, it makes things so much easier, nobody wants to continue putting their credit card information when they just wanna do some online shopping " in 36 reviews
  • "I've been using PayPal for years to make secure online purchases and for money transfers from my boyfriend that is currently stationed in Japan." in 30 reviews
  • "I also love how you have the option to get a debit card from them instead of waiting DAYS and DAYS for the money to transfer to your bank account." in 27 reviews
  • "It makes shopping and paying for things online so much easier and I know that my information will be kept secure and that the payment will be successful." in 23 reviews
Mari S.
Stuart
I have been using paypal for almost 15 years. Pretty much from the beginning when they linked with ebay in the early 2000s , I've been there. In all those years I've never had an issue with paypal and felt that my payments to buyers and retailers were more secure. The fact that PayPal is easily accessible and great whether you are on the seller or buyer side of things, makes it one of the best things to happen to online commerce. I have sold about 100 items over the years, and I have bought thousands of items ( its crazy to even think that , but I have the feedback to prove it).  I have also sent money to friends and relatives way before the days of "instant pay" through banks.
So I give credit where credit is due and they have grown tremendously in the past decade and when the big retailer hack in 2015 happened I was so grateful that I had only been using paypal for online shopping.

Now granted I have read Paypal horror stories and I would hate to be in their shoes. Paypal is far from perfect and now with a lot of new ways to pay and make money I can see how Paypal's novelty may be wearing out. But I can only speak on my behalf and my experience and ( knock on wood)I never had a bad experience.

So, as always:  Use your own discretion
Britney J.
Jax
I am not a fan of the PayPal app or PayPal as an company. I had PayPal for a couple of years and I regularly utilized the app at the time. I thought it was very convenient, until a stranger was able to use my PayPal to charge my bank account $150. I had issues disputing the charge with my bank and PayPal and there was a lot of back and forth. Then, when I was finally refunded, and I did attempt to remake my PayPal account, there were a lot of lengthy security steps that I had to go through, many of which were not available to complete in the app. I completed most of the tasks on the computer, but the last task that I had was to receive a code via mail from PayPal, and no matter how many times I requested it, nothing was ever mailed to me. Due to all of this, I’ve completely stop using PayPal and their app.
April L.
Tarpon Spgs, FL
I don’t even want to get started on PAYPAL... Awful. Just google the horror stories about PayPal over the years. I think they’re TRYING to get better, but they still give me a headache with my business I run. Selling courses and knowledge even with a “no refund policy” after the course, a scammer client creates a dispute so they can keep the knowledge they learned AND keep their money, and PayPal Always. Sides. With. The. Buyer. No matter the evidence you provide showing your end of the transaction was finished. One dispute creates a chain of your next payments being held for extended periods of time. When I use my PayPal for my business, don’t you think I need said funds to continue operation of my business? It’s a complete set back to have to wait 21 days for my payments to be off hold... insane. And for a lot of people, working online and using the #1 most used gateway for payments online (PayPal) is the only option they have sometimes. This causes all sorts of problems for people literally living off the money they make through PayPal. Other horror stories include being accused of doing activity you weren’t. I read a story from a man who published and wrote his own books and PayPal shut down his whole PayPal (and blacklisted him) because they could “prove he didn’t have the legal right to sell those books”. Yet he could prove HE’S the author. Crazy!!! Try to stay away from PayPal. All a headache.
Stephanie S.
Paypal is super simple to use whether for personal use or as a small business.
Set up a profile,  validate with banking info and verify your address and you're off to shop online, hit up ebay or send and receive invoices for purchases.
Why not 5 stars? Well you see, I have jumped through all the hoops required to update my account with my married name and they continue to tell me that what i have submitted it's legible. So I don't know how to make things more legible than a full size, color photocopy as a crystal clear image of my current and valid ID. So that's a pain.
april n.
Forest lake , MN
PayPal is exactly what you need when you need it. It’s great and user-friendly for sending and receiving money. And it doesn’t charge outrageous fees for doing either service.

I love that it offers protection and I always use it when I’m buying from websites that I haven’t purchased from before. The extra layer of security makes me feel more confident in my purchases incase something goes wrong.

PayPal is extremely user-friendly and easy to understand - for everyone. There’s no hidden costs or fees and I recommend this to anyone as a safe and secure way to transfer money to someone.
Lauren E.
I used to use PayPal all the time to resell clothing and items via Craigslist/Instagram/eBay but even when buyers would get new with tag items from me and send me payments via friends and family PayPal would offer no seller support to me when buyers would scam trying to say I sold them damaged items despite that my listings show numerous pics where the clothing was new with tags and I could see on the buyer’s insta that they wore the items and then obviously just didn’t want them anymore. Friends and family payments are supposed to not be disputable either but PayPal would still let buyers open disputes and scam their money back and send me items they purposely ruined after wearing so they could do photoshoots with items they bought new from me and then return ruined afterward for their money back. PayPal could even see these buyers had a history of doing this, whereas I had a stellar selling history and would still side with these scammers! Never using PayPal again!
Ali S.
East Amherst
I don't think I live without Paypal! When times were tough and the ole credit rating went to bed, I used Paypal as a credit card. I have been a faithful ebayer for many years and Paypal right there besides. Yes Paypal has its ups and downs. There are horror stories but you have to be smart! I have had people using my bank debit card. ID and credit card theft can happen to anyone. Paypal is convenient! For Ebayers, there are protections in place and everything is tried and trusted.
Keri D.
Starke, FL
I love using paypal for my boutique and wholesale. Its fast easy convenient and i love that it protects the buyer and seller. I also like that i can use paypal shipping options. I wish they wouldnt make the seller pay fees. Idk maybe find a different way to get ur money. Charge 5 bucks a month to use the program or something. I pay way more than that in fees everytime someone buys something. I dont wanna have to Jack my prices way up just to cover fees and stuff. But i love my paypal app. I love that i can send money to my bank in 10 mins. I wish i could get a prepaid paypal card that i could send money to that or even put money on it and put it in my paypal account. They make it a little difficult to add money to my account. But all in all great platform to get your money and have protection and safety of your information.
Ciara M.
Reno, NV
I love PayPal! I have no complaints when it comes to their service, they make buying things online so easy, as well as accepting money from friends, family or for services! A great feature is the Business Debit Card you can have with a business account! You get unlimited cash back, anywhere acceptance and even purchase protection! I recommend PayPal to everyone, especially online shoppers or online business owners!
Patricia K.
TAMPA, FL
I have had paypal since my college years when I was buying items off of Ebay. It is a great way to quickly make secured purchases. I don't have any worries when using it. In fact when I see sites that take paypal it sometimes causes me to spend more because the process of purchasing is so simple vs putting in all your card information for your transaction. It is just quick and easy.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Do you use Paypal to sell or purchase things online? Both?
Kelsey B.
Is PayPal easy to use? Or worth it
sandi t.
santiago, santiago
Is it really safe ??
Emily H.
buffalo, NY
Are they safe to give your SS to?
Jessica S.
Iowa, LA
Any bad experiences with paypal?