BY PAYPAL #10 in Apps

Online payment service for individuals and merchants. Allows users to send money and bills to anyone with e-mail.

Paypal
  • "I use PayPal for all my online purchases as it's safe and it make it easy way to use it in the stores without taking out your credit card." in 49 reviews
  • "I legit love PayPal so much that I dread when websites don't work with it, it makes things so much easier, nobody wants to continue putting their credit card information when they just wanna do some online shopping " in 36 reviews
  • "I've been using PayPal for years to make secure online purchases and for money transfers from my boyfriend that is currently stationed in Japan." in 30 reviews
  • "I also love how you have the option to get a debit card from them instead of waiting DAYS and DAYS for the money to transfer to your bank account." in 27 reviews
  • "It makes shopping and paying for things online so much easier and I know that my information will be kept secure and that the payment will be successful." in 23 reviews
Brianna B.
Holly Springs, MS
Paypal is challenging; I only had it for a little over 2 years ,but the problems I have encountered is ridiculous. First my first account got locked up and when I called support , they told me it was nothing they could do if I didn't know the card on file; which was an lost card. So I was told to make a new one and they would delete my old account. I make a new account , got some money sent to me , and i tried to pay the .25 cents for instant withdraw but I kept getting the error message. I got my new bank card and tried to link it to the account and it said the bank account was already on file for another paypal account. A couple days later they lock up my 2nd account , telling me to call to verify. I call them , sit on hold for hours and they ask me a million questions to get the account verified. We talked about the old account and got it deleted. I stillget the error message sometimes when trying to do instant withdrawal , but somwtimes it works. They also advertise worldwide services , but that is a lie.
Lexie B.
Carlinville, IL
I love Paypal, but I think it has room for improvement. I love the instant transfers between friends and family. A few complaints I have would be to offer a regular debit card and not just a business debit card. Also, some cards aren’t available for instant transfers. There were a couple of times where I had initiated a transfer to a card that had been instant for weeks beforehand, but all of a sudden was switched to a 24 hour hold for “security”. Trying to get ahold of customer service was absolutely horrendous, dropped calls and no answers. I HATE that they had all of a sudden changed my card from instant to a 24 hour wait without notice. It doesn’t notify you before the confirmation of the trade that it will take longer than the “instant” it charges you for. Paypal needs to offer a pop up explaining that this transaction will take 24 hours and ask the customer if they wish to proceed. I needed the money in a bind and couldn’t get it because they wouldn’t let me cancel the transaction.
Zainab A.
Dublin, CA
This service is so amazing. They are taking down the pay after delivery option which I’m really upset about as it’s been so useful incase I wanted to cancel my purchase, or if I bought from a site that may not be reliable. Whatever the case, paypal made you feel like you were insured. I used pay after delivery for a service to find my lost laptop, but i found it just a day later and tried to cancel. The seller gave no responses so I opened up a case with paypal. I didn’t have to pay anything since paypal pays the seller first, so I didn’t have to worry about lost money for over a month. I’m not sure how it’s going to be after the feature is removed. Regardless, 4 stars because it’s so easy to use and almost every person has it. They need to extend to different countries though, other methods like western union are costly and not as easy to use.
Britney J.
Jax
I am not a fan of the PayPal app or PayPal as an company. I had PayPal for a couple of years and I regularly utilized the app at the time. I thought it was very convenient, until a stranger was able to use my PayPal to charge my bank account $150. I had issues disputing the charge with my bank and PayPal and there was a lot of back and forth. Then, when I was finally refunded, and I did attempt to remake my PayPal account, there were a lot of lengthy security steps that I had to go through, many of which were not available to complete in the app. I completed most of the tasks on the computer, but the last task that I had was to receive a code via mail from PayPal, and no matter how many times I requested it, nothing was ever mailed to me. Due to all of this, I’ve completely stop using PayPal and their app.
Kellie T.
I have been using PayPal for years, since the early days of Ebay. It has always been an easy way of paying for online purchases, but as time has gone on, it's gotten easier with the Paypal app. Just a few clicks and I can send money to friends and family or make a payment to my PayPal credit. Which brings me to another point, I love the PayPal 6 months 0 interest on larger purchases. They have great customer service and are just so convenient. My only gripe would be (in the last 15 years) that the last app update has a glitch in it that freezes my screen. It's never done this before, and I suspect it'll be patched soon. In the meantime, it's still pretty easy to send money from the mobile site vs the app.
ALEXANDRA R.
Las Vegas, NV
   Venmo is still my go-to as far as paying friends, colleagues, and my hairstylist, however I'll check out with various online stores through Paypal every once in a while mainly because of their great customer service. I've had a few instances come up over the years when I had to dispute charges made (duplicate/double orders that the retailer would not "return" or "cancel"). In all instances, through using Paypal's customer support and investigations, they've always given me my money back and were wonderful to work with. I will continue using Paypal for such online orders, but may not go to paying personally through Paypal, as Venmo is so reliable and much more fun to use.
Jessica L.
Livonia
I absolutely loveeee PayPal! I actually use it pretty much every day for so many different reasons! The thing I love most to use PP for is shopping! Using it makes shopping so easy and I don’t have to worry about my information being stolen because the site is secure and does not share any of my personal information, besides shipping address, with the vendors I choose to shop from. I also really love that PayPal has a seller option in which I can send invoices to people who I am selling to so that not only myself but the buyer as well is protected if anything were to happen. PayPal also a has money transfer to friends and family in which there is no fee to send money. I would only use that option if I truly know the person though as there is no protection from fraud (people just stealing money, etc). All around PayPal is a wonderful site and I love it! When I have a balance for whatever reason it is so easy to transfer it to my bank account. There is even an option to have it automatically deposited without any wait time, there is a fee for that though, so if I am in need of my money right away I don’t have to worry about waiting several days for it to clear into my account!! I just love PP and would recommend it to everyone!
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
PayPal is one of the best developments ever in this online buying and selling society. I love that I connect my bank and/or credit card to my PayPal link and then with one click of a button I can use this account to shop just about anywhere. It is so much easier than having to enter your info each time. Plus it's secure not spreading your card # around to 10 different places and instead have it secured to one convenient account. I had a product issue and I received my first refund via PayPal to my bank and it was completed in a matter of 48 hrs. It's easy convienent and I like that I can look at all my purchases from each place at one spot.
Danielle B.
Rochester Hls, MI
I originally only used PayPal for what I thought was secure and quick payment...it turned out not to work for me. I used PayPal maybe twice and then received emails informing me that my account had been closed for no apparent reason. I called PayPal and went through several attempts to get the account back open and was informed that I had made a fraudulent purchase that I found out in the end after several attempts wasn't even linked to my account. PayPal never apologized for the inconvenience and treated it as if it was my fault that I couldn't figure out what this purchase was. All in all, it was just a giant hassle.
Myriah N.
west Hills , CA
I liked paypal a lot but its changed for the worst in the many years I've used it. its great for buyers offers a ton of protection its amazingly easy for a buyer to get a refund with hardly any questions asked. However being a small buissness owner I've found its awful for sellers for the same reason its great for buyers. If you get a skechy buyer who lies about their product paypal pulls the money and freezes your account then takes months to correct the issue once you show proof. It used to be you could easily contact customer service but now it can take hours and come to no resolve. Ive even noticed they stopped putting a customer service number where people can find it easily instead its hidden away in the depths of the abyss.

I once even had my account frosen because I changed my phone number and who ever had the number before me screwed up their account some how that triggered them to freeze my account for 6months while they "processed" my information.... yes 6 months to process a picture of my ID! Obviously I dont use paypal much anymore when once I used it for everything even using my paypal mastercard for all of my daily purchases. It makes me sad such a great company has become so lacking
Marie T.
Do you use Paypal to sell or purchase things online? Both?
Kelsey B.
Is PayPal easy to use? Or worth it
sandi t.
santiago, santiago
Is it really safe ??
Emily H.
buffalo, NY
Are they safe to give your SS to?
Jessica S.
Iowa, LA
Any bad experiences with paypal?