Payless Car Rental uploaded by roselle m.Payless Car Rental uploaded by roselle m.Payless Car Rental uploaded by roselle m.

BY PAYLESS CAR RENTAL

• Do you need a creditcardcan to rent from them?4 Answers
  • Does this company live up to its name, "Payless?"2 Answers
  • How does this car rental compare to Hertz or Enterprise?6 Answers
Payless Car Rental
  • "rented a car through payless for the first time this month, overall great service" in 1 review
  • " I have uses this car rental on numerous occasions when heading to a different state from the airport, it is like anything else some days it was a great experience others it was not" in 1 review
member-202e4

On March 31, I reserved a “standard” car through Price Line
at Payless Car Rental at the San Diego Airport for $178 for April 18 through
April 25.   I was told this included tax
and fees.  At that time, I also purchased
Collision Damage Coverage through Allianz.
When we arrived at the Payless counter at the airport, we were told that
they do not accept Allianz and we would have to get insurance through
them.  I asked if both my husband and I
would be able to drive the car.  In
conversation, I told the man at the counter that we were visiting my son who is
in the Navy.  He told me he would give me
a “military discount” and put both our names on the agreement.  We were also getting an “upgrade” to a Nissan
Altima.  He had me sign on a small pad a
lot of pages of small print.  When he
printed out the entire agreement to us, the total was $850, which included a
$200 refundable deposit.  He told us the
car was in slot D10.  As we were walking
out, my husband asked how did it get to be $650 instead of $178?  We went back in and were told that the
insurance fee was dictated by the state of California. He redid the bill giving
us “discounts” and the bill came down to $550.45 plus $200 deposit.

We walked up to where the cars were, and there were only
Nissan Altimas available, so he didn’t give us an upgrade.  That’s all they had.  It was late and we were tired, so we took the
car.  The next day, we realized we were
taken by this guy.  It turns out he
signed us up for not only collision damage waiver, but also renter liability
insurance, SLI and RSA.  He added an
airport concession fee, tourism assessment fee, sales tax, airport CFC all
after we were told that the original amount included all taxes and fee.  We put gas in the car to fill it up and
brought it back.  At the return booth, we
were given a hard time and told we would have to pay the entire weekly
rate.  After much arguing and a
discussion with the “manager,” we were told we would “only” have to pay $107
for the one day use!

We went to Enterprise
where we weren’t given a run-around and told we could use our own
insurance.  We will never use Payless
again.
Anne N.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The service was great and I got a great deal! I love it when the employee does their absolute best to get you the best deal. As a student under 25, I had to pay an extra fee per day but the employee referred me to fox for a cheaper fee!! So I recommended them to my aunts/uncles and my mom. We went on a family trip, rented a car from them, and they offered great service! I would highly recommend. Also, the cars are given in really nice conditions! One time, we got lucky and we're the first renters of a 2018 hybrid car!
Jennifer M.
Gibbsboro , NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We currently have a car now. It died! We went to go use it to go out to dinner and it wouldn’t turn on. My husband and I ended up having to get an Uber to go out. My dad hooked up a battery charger to see if it was the battery. It took the charger ALL NIGHT to charge the better meaning it is very bad. We will be raising hell when we return it tomorrow. All this money spent and we couldn’t even use it.
Katie C.
Granbury , TX
Terrible experience. Had to wait an hour just to find a car we had reserved, then they bring one that has recall written on the side so we had to wait additional time. Rented carseats and were provided with out of date and uncomfortable ones. Was quoted $400 for the week, but final bill was $900! Will never use this company again.
Nathalia P.
Reno, NV
Best place to get your car! Very cheap if you’re on a budget and need to rent a car. Only problem is that they are not always available. I was once at an airport trying to contact them and they were not answering their phone and finally when I was able to contact them, they had few cars available
Shi L.
The cost was good car was clean and well maintained over all experience was good until we realized we had forgotten a book in the vehicle and still have not been able to reach anyone with the local department for the companymuch Less lost and found and it's been at least two months
Chelsie M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
They buy older rental cars so they cost less to rent but we had a check engine light come on in the middle of our trip! They also didnt mark all the damage to the outside when we got it, they didnt try to charge us for it when we returned but it still didnt sit well for me.
Christina M.
Tampa
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
All you need to know about this company is in its name! You really do Pay Less than any rental car company than I’ve ever witnessed before! From their fill up gas prices to upgrading to a nicer vehicle, Payless truly looks out for their customers’ pockets.
Brittany B.
united states
Rented a car for a long distance trip from Arizona to Illinois. The car they gave us hadn't been maintained, had a lot of miles and hadn't been looked at before we took it. The car broke down several times and the handling was so bad that the vehicle blew with the wind and we almost crashed twice because they had little to NO power steering fluid in the car. Long story short, they wouldn't do anything about it when we contacted the company and they haven't tried since! NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!
Helen T.
Whitestone, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Not the best rental car experience, rented a car that was scratched up, not cleaned out properly from the last renters. One tire in our car had a slow leak. It was a pain. Granted you save a bit more but the condition of the car was not the greatest.
Amy T.
How does this car rental compare to Hertz or Enterprise?
Tiffany L.
Tampa, FL
Do you need a creditcardcan to rent from them?
ANNMARGARET P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Does this company live up to its name, "Payless?"