Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant

by Paula's Choice

This lightweight leave-on AHA exfoliant is a completely non-abrasive, gentle way to shed built-up layers of dead skin, resulting in unbelievably smooth, refined, and even-toned younger-looking skin.

• Anti-Aging, Wrinkles
  • For All Skin Types
  • Revitalizes uneven skin tone
  • Enhances hydration and smooths the appearance of wrinkles
  • Weightless gel texture perfects skin’s surface
  • Use up to twice daily after cleansing & toning skin

I have so many clogged pores in my nose, anyone had success with that problem area specifically with this product?
i recently purchased paula’s choice aha gel with glycolic acid. i am not to sure at which point in my skin care routine to use this gel though?Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant
Start your review of Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant!
How would you rate this product?
💥DRAMA ALERT! 💥 PRICE RANGE: 💲💲 Paula’s choice Skin Perfecting Gel 8% AHA. This review will be different this time since there’s a little drama involved with this product... the saving point here was the ounces vs price vs free shipping. I bought the travel size product on Christmas 2018 when it was 20% off plus free shipping(a total of $8.72). But, when I went back to the website to put the real price in my review something was changed! The travel size version of this product now is 15ml (.5oz) instead of 30ml (1oz) at the same price! The packaging has changed which at first I thought was interesting since I traveled with the product after opening once and it spilled in my bag. Anyways... I will probably never buy again this product since it’s just a basic Glycolic Acid gel, and I am disappointed about the product price changes. Regardless, here’s my small review: BENEFITS: ✅ Good for all skin types. ✅ Brightens, removes dead skin cells and hydrates. ✅ Has soothing properties such as aloe Vera, chamomile and green tea extracts. ✅ Helps acne by exfoliating and clearing hyperpigmentation. ✅ Oil free, non-comedogenic (wont clog pores). ✅ 100% fragrance free. ✅ Helps to firm the skin and smooth wrinkles and fine lines. ✅ Mild to no irritation unless you’re allergic to glycolic acid. ✅ Helps lighten hyperpigmentation. Overall is a good product if you’re feeling like investing on it. CONS: ❌ Price per ounce is ridiculous by comparison to less expensive brands. ❌ DO NOT use it if you’re allergic to Glycolic Acid. I use it on Sunday’s nights only because I already use different products along the week. PRICE: $10 USD for .5oz and $29.50 for 3.3oz at Paula’s choice website and Amazon. #affordable #style #beauty #onbudget #review #honestreview #beautiful #skincare #skin #cosmetics #sensitiveskin #acne #koreanskincare #skincareaddict #skincaretips #beautyaddict #skincareroutine #skincareproducts #skincareblog #skincarereview #skincarejunkie #skincarelover #skincarecommunity #paulaschoiceskincare #paulaschoice
Dark Circles
Arrowsic, ME
i use this at night after i wash my face. i put moisturizer on after and leave it at that. i use it 3 times a week. when i wake up my skin does feel smooth and i haven’t noticed any irritation or breakouts from it. i will say my skin feels much softer on the nights that i use differin instead of this product. i know they are meant for different things but i have had more results with differin.
Combination / Acne / Puffiness
Woodland , CA
I just started using this less than two weeks ago and the results have been phenomenal, smoother and brighter skin within days, after two weeks my fine lines look reduced, no breakouts. I use in day under sunscreen, and retinol at night. If you have dry skin I highly recommend a good AHA product over the more popular BHAs.
Dry, Sensitive, Mature / Dullness, Fine Lines, Sensitivity / Dark Circles, Puffiness, Fine Lines
East Point, GA
All of the chemical exfoliant products for body from Paula’s Choice have delivered for me. Gentle but effective, and I love the scent. I wasn’t expecting that much from this brand but this really hit high marks for me.
Combination, Sensitive / Blackheads, Puffiness, Redness
Bethesda, MD
This product is ok. It immediately smoothed my skin but stopped working after a few weeks. I recommend only using it once or twice a week if you have sensitive skin because more uses might make you break out.
Oily / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores / Dark Circles, Puffiness, Fine Lines
Paula’s choice was the skincare line that got me originally hooked on chemical exfoliants, and I don’t think I’ll ever go back. I’m not sure I prefer this to their gold standard, the texture is a little runny, but it seems to work fine and never irritates my skin. It’s a great, easy way to work exfoliation into your skincare routine, and as always appreciate PC’s transparency with ingredients and amounts!
Dry / Dullness, Large Pores, Fine Lines / Dark Circles, Fine Lines, Dry Eyes
I've been using this product 2x daily for 3 years. It's a gentle chemical exfoliant, I prefer it over harsh grainy exfoliants. It keeps my skin looking youthful and glowing. Keeps fine lines from worsening. Sunscreen is a 100% must when using this gel. It has a controlled pump, the product lasts me a very long time.
Combination / Dullness, Large Pores, Puffiness / Dark Circles, Puffiness, Fine Lines
Newport, TN
This stuff is absolutely amazing!! I use it after cleansing, toning, and applying my gel moisturizer and it makes my face look so bright and glowing. So shiny and healthy looking, it’s crazy. It looks like I just got a professional facial and chemical peel every morning I wake up from using it.
Oily, Dry, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores / Dark Circles, Fine Lines, Dry Eyes
My best friend recommended my trying Paula’s Choice and I love the brand. This AHA exfoliant is amazing for clearing my skin and being somewhat gentle in the process. I think it’s very effective and I highly recommend.
Oily, Dry, Combination / Acne, Dullness, Large Pores / Dark Circles, Fine Lines
Charlotte , NC
I love this serum. I have very sensitive skin so I limit my use to every three days but I notice immediately that my pores have shrunk and my skin appears brighter and a clearer complexion. I will order this again.
Dry, Sensitive / Blackheads, Dullness, Large Pores / Dark Circles, Puffiness, Fine Lines