Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant

by Paula's Choice

This lightweight leave-on AHA exfoliant is a completely non-abrasive, gentle way to shed built-up layers of dead skin, resulting in unbelievably smooth, refined, and even-toned younger-looking skin.

• Anti-Aging, Wrinkles
  • For All Skin Types
  • Revitalizes uneven skin tone
  • Enhances hydration and smooths the appearance of wrinkles
  • Weightless gel texture perfects skin’s surface
  • Use up to twice daily after cleansing & toning skin

How many of you have seen a difference with overall pore appearance after using this product?
It’s this product worth it? I have oily skin and my adult acne is bad. How does it compare to the ordinary?
Has anyone used this for the under eyes for wrinkles? How close to the under eye do you get? Cause it does burn a little
Start your review of Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant!
How would you rate this product?
Samantha B.
Holland, OH
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant uploaded by Samantha B.
This stuff is magic in a bottle!! First week after using it my face felt smoother, started to show a more evened skin tone and tamed my heavier acne areas (chin/neck). The gel formula sinks into your skin pretty easy and isn't terribly tacky after application. *If you've never used an AHA or BHA, I would not recommend trying out this product first...work your way up to this to make sure your skin can handle it!*
Madison K.
Bella Vista, AR
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant uploaded by Madison K.
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant uploaded by Madison K.
I liked this product a lot at first. The texture is nice, it doesn’t burn my skin, and it tends to help make my face less dull. But, to me, it’s another chemical exfoliant. It didn’t do anything to my skin that I couldn’t get from an exfoliant for half the price. I tend to love Paulas Choice products, this one was alright.
Sheela V.
I love this product!!  Already have a new one in the mail. The 3.3oz size lasted me about 9 months so at $20 this is a better/similar value than the St. Ives pads which are about $5 with 60 pads. My skin is tough so the lactic acid found in the St. Ives just wasn't cutting it. I used this every night. I really like that this is a gel and has other care ingredients like hylauronic acid. For those reasons I think this is fabulous for dehydrated and dry skin types and since it's 8% I think it's wonderful for a first glycolic product.
Elizabeth R.
Cleveland, OH
I don’t know what I did without this exfoliant before!! It’s changed my skin for the better. I heard it was amazing but my skin has never been clearer and smoother. I only use it at night though, using it too much dried out my skin
Kathleen L.
Easton, CT
In general, I love the Paula Choice skincare products. The packaging made this product easy to use. The ingredients are effective and the product soaked into my skin easily. I definately saw an improvemnt in my skin tone and texture. Highly recommend.
Cheyenne R.
Greenville, NC
This is heaven in a damn bottle. I have facial seborrheic dermatitis ( my case is extremely mild), — Minor background Info on what that is — your skin has natural flora on every surface, both inside and out, it competes with foreign particles (funghi, bacteria, Protozoa, etc), by preventing them from growing on our skin, typically by over colonizing. Our skin naturally has around 3 types of yeast, and mine is sensitive to one of them, which causes overgrowth and gives me texture, namely around my nose, on my eyebrows, sides of forehead and under my chin. After using this, my skin has NEVER felt better, and the occurrence of my texture is slim to none. This is much “harsher” than other acids I’ve used (Dr. Dennis Gross ultra peel & Neutrogena AHA & BHA toner), in that it caused me more redness and gave mild tingling but after a few uses my skin has developed a tolerance so the redness lasts not even 5-10 min at this point. My skin is so glowy, so “renewed” and it’s helped with all my texture and unevenness in skin tone. I love this so so much!
C K.
Reston, VA
Glycolic acid breaks down the glue that holds cells together thus exfoliating skin. By exfoliating the skin it diminishes wrinkles and diminished dark spots and because it is a weak acid, it breaks down oils on the skin thus helping with acne and shrinks the pores size. This acid is able to stimulate collagen production which is needed for anti aging  and melanin production thus evening out hyper pigmentation. I think that Paula's Choice AHA gel is quite effective in doing this. I have been using it for the past couple of months but recently stopped because I needed a heavier option, but this is perfect for someone who just wants to maintain results.
AngeL A.
Fremont, NE
Aaaaahhhmazing! I’m not even through my first bottle and this has showed me results that have made me actually stop twice and look in the mirror and amazement, thinking to myself “Is that me? Is that my skin?” I know that sounds corny but this is an honest review. I wasn’t sure exactly which to buy this one or the 2% BHA Gel that was getting more reviews. But I’m far from being stubborn, just one who is always curious about the “underdog” I decided to go with the 8% AHA Gel. They both received excellent reviews just far less had tried this one, so I strayed from the sheep. I know what all the acids do. BHA’s, salicylic acids, are targeted for acne. While AHA’s, glycolic acid is an enemy to fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, uneven texture. Now the one thing I have acquired along the way of my life is that you can’t mix AHAs and BHAs, however if you prefer to use them on the same day, apply one then wait at least 30 minutes before applying the other. The two together can be extremely drying to the skin.. we don’t want that! I have since ordered the 2% BHA GEL and rotate it my routine. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid
Haily W.
Charlotte, NC
I love this serum. I have very sensitive skin so I limit my use to every three days but I notice immediately that my pores have shrunk and my skin appears brighter and a clearer complexion. I will order this again.
Rebecca W.
Hello, I love you. This is great and took a minuet to actually figure out and find what works for me but I love it!!!!!!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...