Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% Bha Liquid Exfoliant Duo uploaded by Taryn A.Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% Bha Liquid Exfoliant Duo uploaded by Victoria C.

BY PAULA'S CHOICE

What it is: A pair of nonabrasive, leave-on liquid exfoliants for daily use. Who it's for: All skin types, especially those with signs of aging and combination-to-oily skin prone to clogged pores. What it does: Its formula gently exfoliates built-up layers of dead skin and effectively unclogs pores, optimizing skin renewal and clarity for remarkably smoother skin, smaller pores, a refined texture and less-visible lines and wrinkles. Research results: In a clinical study after one week of use:-100% of participants had more hydrated skin- 89% of participants had softened forehead wrinkles- 89% of participants experienced faster exfoliation. After four weeks of use:- 100% of participants had more hydrated skin- 96% of participants experienced faster exfoliation- 93% of participants had less-visible fine lines around the nose and mouth. How to use: Dispense approximately a dime-sized amount onto a cotton ball or pad and stroke over clean skin, including around the eye. The product may also be applied with your fingers. For daytime, wear it under a product rated SPF 15 or higher. Brand: PAULA'S CHOICE. Style Name: Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% Bha Liquid Exfoliant Duo ($56 Value). Style Number: 5364122. Available in stores. see more...

Sirena N.
I'm not sure why I waited so long to try this product after YEARS of hearing about it, but I am very glad I did. At first, I wasn't convinced I liked it. I have very oily skin and it does have just a hint of oiliness when applied to the skin. I also didn't seem to see any noticeable changes in my skin. However, I am happy to say that this product doesn't affect my oiliness and plays well with other products. I use it almost daily and it has never irritated my skin or caused a breakout. I used to suffer from periodic breakouts but since I started to use this, I haven't had more than the usual hormonal pimple pop up. Everyone needs to add this into their regimen!
Kristen F.
Los Angeles
An oldie but goodie, this product is sold in two lines on Paula’s Choice’s website. It is the same formula for both the Skin Perfecting liquid (pictured here) as well as the Extra Strength CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution.

It is an excellent zit-buster, and even better clog-buster for me. It dries my skin out very minimally, and even seems to soothe the spots I have. It will dry me out if I use it very frequently, but I only tend to use it for four or five days in a row, and only at night.

One note is that I do not use this on my rosacean areas. For whatever reason, BHA products make my rosacea look blotchy and flushed. Finacea only for those regions.

The texture of this product is watery but almost a bit… slimey? Oily? Slippy? It’s hard to describe. I would not recommend wearing it under makeup and allocating it to “night time only.”

To use, I dump a small amount of product out in my palm — no cottons required here. I then wipe it onto my forehead, pat it into my cheeks, chin, and my nose.
jenny e.
Flower Mound
I would recommend this to everyone who deals with oily skin/ blackhead or whitehead prone skin/ acne prone skin. Even in just a few days I could see the difference in texture of my face and it controls my oil production very well. To some it might be a little strong so you could use this toner a few times a week. If using it in the morning make sure to use a sunscreen!!
Geneva C.
Dallas, TX
This Stuff is great ! I didn’t think it was going to be as life changing as it is . I saw clearer pores in just a couple days ! The best part is the price point , for department store products , the price is great !
Beth W.
Very good. A decent price, lasts about a month with regular use. Really does a nice job of chemical exfoliation while still being soothing to the skin. An effective product with no added fragrances, just be careful not to overdo it or you’ll get tight and flakey
Alicia M.
Shrewsbury, MA
I have not been using this product for a long time however I have been using it for about 2 months. At first it made me break out likely because it was bringing the dirt to the surface. After about 2 to 3 weeks I stopped breaking out. I haven’t noticed a huge difference yet but again have not been using it very long. So far I think it’s a good product.
Julia L.
I love this product!! My skin is sensitive and I still get random zits pretty frequently. Whenever I decide to not buy this product my skin goes nuts! One day I’ll learn to not think I can live without it!
Alisha P.
I use the 2% bha which is basically salicylic acid. There is no fragrance and this really help with acne. A lot of timers or astringents for oily skin contain alcohol which is damaging and irritating and can even cause skin To produce more oil because it dries it out. This actually works unlike most on the market.
Nida S.
I cannot survive without the Paula Choice Skin Perfecting BHA. It is the only BHA product that suits and works for my skin. I always see immediate results. I normally use this once a day after cleaning, I wait 5 minutes and then continue with my skin care routine. I will always repurchase this.
Mariko R.
I got this from Nordstrom during one of their beauty sales. When I use this consistently, I do see a slight difference in my blackheads. It seems to be fairly gentle on my skin for a chemical exfoliator. I'm not sure if I would repurchase - want to try others before committing.