BY PAULA'S CHOICE

Shrink enlarged pores with this 2% liquid salicylic acid leave-on exfoliant that removes old skin cells both on the skin's surface and inside the pore.

• Creates radiant, even-toned skin
  • Reduces redness & builds collagen
  • Unclogs & diminishes enlarged pores
  • For all skin types
  • $23

ABOUT PAULA'S CHOICE

The best skin of your life starts here. Smooth wrinkles, reduce brown spots, shrink pores, build collagen, treat acne, firm and brighten skin and a whole lot more. We offer targeted skincare solutions that really work. You found it. Finally.

Paula’s Choice products are clinically proven to be non-irritating. We don't use alcohol or add fragrances that can irritate your skin. Our products are 100% guaranteed. And, we never test on animals.

PaulasChoice.com

• Does Paulas Choice products work? I'm thinking about gett...13 Answers
  • How long were you using this product before you saw real ...1 Answers
  • I started using this and the aha formula recently, and I'...3 Answers
Yuuki Y.
Review for: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid more...
In the early days of having severe acne, at wit's end because my face was always in pain due to acne of every sort - pimples, cystic acne, blackheads, white heads - this was a game changer. Salicylic acid was essential to improving my skin and reducing the severity of my acne. While I still had acne, this product was influential in reducing it a great amount. I've been using this product for almost over four years. (Acne for over 7 years.) Initially I used this product day and night but because there was a short time in college that I did not use sunblock, I decided to only use it at night after several months. (However, there are papers that cite BHA affecting skin during the day even with night usage, so I highly recommend using sunblock to be safe!) As my acne improved, I continued to use this product daily at night. Now, four years into using this product, with my acne skin better than ever, I only use this product a few times a week at night. Although I don't use it as much now, I'll definitely be buying another bottle.
A plus is that it lasts you a long time! I bought two bottles at one time and it honestly took forever to finish. Just be sure to keep in mind the expiration (efficiency) date.
Would I recommend this to anyone looking for something to help with acne? Yes! However, if you have sensitive or dry skin, I recommend trying AHA instead. If BHA doesn't work for you, try AHA. And if AHA doesn't work for you, consider PHA.
Need exfoliation? The turnover rate for my skin is so quick that this product helped me realize I needed gentle exfoliation that I could use more often than physical exfoliation scrubs (which are much to rough on my skin and was grating on my acne!)
I have also use Paula's Choice Clear Regular Strength Anti-redness Exfoliating Solution with 2% Salicylic Acid ($27) as well but personally found no difference between this product and the other. Take a look at the ingredients if you will to be sure there aren't any sensitizing ingredients for yourself, but I found no difference. Thus, I'm sticking with this 2% BHA liquid ($29).
Other BHA/AHA products I'd recommend looking into, though I personally haven't tried myself but have on my list are:
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% solution ($5)
- Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid ($15)
- Cosrx AHA Whitehead Power Liquid ($15)
- Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner ($14)
- Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner ($18)
These are all skincare brands that have worked for me and that I trust with my skin.
I hope you find a product that works for you! 💖
Elle Z.
North Canton, OH
Here's the thing: when I had my daughter 2 years ago, my face suddenly exploded and gave me the problematic skin I was lucky to avoid in high school. I was miserable and tried a ton of different approaches; Korean skincare, switching to all natural, a tea tree regime....either it didn't touch it or exacerbated the issues.

Finally, I switched back to cleansing with Cetaphil and toning with apple cider vinegar, which took care of about half the breakouts. Then I bought a travel sized bottle (1 oz) of this BHA liquid from the Paula's Choice website (I'm on a drugstore budget, and the travel size has so far lasted me 3 weeks.)

Everybody wants to see instant results when they try something new with skincare and almost never have a payoff. I'm here to tell you that this one delivers. Literally the next morning there was a difference. Smoother skin, less breakout. Within the week, I was *breakout free* and I literally cannot remember the last time my skin looked this good. I went from being an emotional mess because of the state of my face (for MONTHS) to having the skin I had before hormones and life snuffed the youth out of me.

I wish I could give this stuff 15 stars. I will never, EVER go without it again. Sure, I can't use cutesy Korean products that smell like peaches and look adorable, but I'll take it for being able to go to the grocery store without full coverage foundation. I can't recommend it enough, and once again, the manufacturer's website offers a travel size for like $8 which should last you quite awhile.

OH! A little tip - the product directions tell you to pour some on a cotton pad before applying to your face, but honestly, you lose so much product that way. (Did I mention I'm cheap?) About 4 drops on your fingertips (or directly on your face if you can work fast enough) is probably enough to be worked in all over your face.
Abby L.
Wichita, KS
Review for: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid more...
I can’t say enough good things about this product. I don’t usually have acne problem but for whatever reasons my face started to break out terribly last year. I bought this in a travel size off amazon and that one lasted me about two months. The first week I used it,my face broke out even worse than before,all acne popped up like crazy (i had clogged pores,black head). One week passed there were like 10% of acne on my face and it got better and better until it’s completely gone. I’m glad I was patient. I bought a full sized bottle after The travel size was empty. It will definitely last me a very long time.

Something I have to mention is,it does dry your skin. I have to use life plankton essence on top of it,that helps a lot.

I didn’t really follow the directions(to use cotton pad) i find that I save more and it can be applied easier with my fingertips. That’s probably why the travel size lasted so long.
Bethany G.
Irvington, KY
Review for: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid more...
I do not use this product regularly, but when I use it I can tell a difference. It makes my skin smooth, soft, and some of my lines are lessened. The reason I don’t use it regularly(and why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5) is because I feel like it leaves this sticky glaze on my face after using it and it takes forever to dry. I don’t ever have enough time to sit there and wait for the product to dry before I put my moisturizer on and everything, so I usually just skip it. Other than that, it’s a great product!
Sara B.
Tulsa
Review for: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid more...
One of my holy grail can't live without! I had so much redness on my face after having my baby due to hormones and was told it would last for up to two years! Not with this amazing product! It's not a see results immediately but after a week or two your skin looks amazing and stays that way! This really saved so much skin issues for me and recommend it to everyone!
Molly F.
This is a game changer. I have used this every night for almost four years now. The BHA liquid has gotten rid of all my closed comedones, breakouts, and clogged pores. After I use it my skin is always so glows and smooth. I’ve tried other options in the past but always come back to this! Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid
Brittany L.
Somerville
Review for: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid more...
There are very few brands I trust when it comes to skincare, but Paula’s Choice is one of those I always go back to. Made for sensitive skin with only the highest quality ingredients, I cannot recommend these products enough. When it comes to this toner, I feel the same—reduces bumpy skin and wrinkles while still leaving your face hydrated. Of course, you should follow with a moisturizer since all acid toners have a slight drying effect, but if you follow an overall good skincare routine, I would recommend adding this to the mix if you’re struggling with textured skin or breakouts. Just keep in mind you may need a stronger weekly BHA or AHA for more stubborn bumps.
sarahi c.
Baltimore, MD
Review for: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid more...
This product is AMAZING. It really has transformed my skin since I have started using it. I have combo skin and tend to break out easily but with this, I wake up and my skin looks so plump and rejuvenized! I've been using this product for about 2 months now and can't wait to see the results with continued use!
Mary L.
Boston
This product is great. I have been using it for a couple of months now and have seen my skin get clearer and smoother. It is gentle on my skin and really like the pump packaging. Always remember to put sunscreen after this, even two weeks after not using the product. I would definitely recommend this.
Lauren C.
Los Angeles , CA
Review for: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid more...
This has changed my skin! It is a holy grail product for me that order in bulk so i am never without it.

I have relatively sensitive combo skin and i have not had a single issue within this product. Whenever I get a pimple I put a little extra in that area and it cuts the lifetime of the pimple in half.
Tabitha J.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Does Paulas Choice products work? I'm thinking about getting this and some of the other products for my skin routine. I need to know are they worth the money?
Erin K.
Pittsburgh, PA
I have been looking for a new facial cleanser that will help reduce pores and i prove skin texture. I read about these products and am anxious to try them. I have some adult acne caused by oily skin, will this product help with that or possibly aggravate it?
Kalissa M.
Bloomington, IN
Is it best to use this daily? If so, just once a day, or both in the morning and the evening?
Gina S.
Springfield , NE
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Has anyone had an noticeable changes in skin texture or resurfacing?
Amarilis S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I've been wanting to try this product for a while. Does this product leave an oily effect on anyone?