BY PAULA'S CHOICE

What makes this product unique? Paula s Choice Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish is clinically proven to keep skin perfectly matte for at least 6 hours. Its unique MICROSPONGE® Technology works invisibly to keep oily shine in check while minimizing the appearance of pores. The luxurious formula dries to a silky-soft, powder-like finish that smoothes out minor skin imperfections- your makeup will look better and last longer than ever! This product is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free. Who is this product for? Anyone with oily skin who wants to maintain a fresh, matte complexion. Shine Stopper is perfect for blackhead- and blemish-prone skin; ideal for combination skin with an oily t-zone. Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish see more...

• How long does a tube last? A few weeks? A couple months?1 Answers
Kristy S.
San Antonio, TX
This is something that I really found did not work for me at all. I am surprised to see so many great reviews. I really wanted to love it as I tend to get shiny, but I really noticed no difference whatsoever. Plus, it is quite pricey.
Hannah S.
Tallahassee , FL
Wow. Wow because I wasn't expecting to love this product as much as I Do. I love Paula's Choice products and when I saw this online, I ordered samples before I ordered the full size. So I'll tell you how I experienced it to work the best. The first day I applied this after moisturizer and before foundation (dab it on your skin, it will not work as well if you rub it in like a lotion, I used a beauty blender) and the results were good, not great. Definitely kept me oil free for most of the day but slightly oily towards the end but still a nice improvement. BUT... the best results were the second day when I applied before AND after foundation and I was so happy with how well I stayed matte. That's a pretty big deal because I live in Florida and it's July and I have naturally very oily skin. So yes, I would recommend this product to anyone with oily skin because if you apply it correctly, it has worked better than any other mattifying product I have ever tried and I have tried TONS.
Maneh N.
Glendale, CA
This product was the first time I had tried anything like a shine stopper. I didn't think it would work at first since I have oily skin but IT DID! It is amazing and leaves your face feeling bare. After application do not rub your face because it will come off and leave your face oily. great product, would recommend it to others.
Tori G.
Redlands, CA
Literally this is the best product in the world if you have oily skin. i was a little skeptical at first but i went out on a limb and bought it. No oil control product has ever worked for me before. I tested this on a 105 degree day when i was out driving around in the heat and literally my skin was not shiny and this stuff goes strong for like 8+ hours for me it lasts longer than the six hours it says it will. I pray this product never gets discontinued because i will be buying this the rest of my life this is so worth the price i would buy it for double the price for sure you need this if you have oily skin!
Brandi W.
Torrington, CT
One of the best products I've ever used for combating oily skin! A little goes a really long way, so to me, the price is justified for that reason alone. I've had my tube for about 2-3 months now, and still not through even half of the tube.

The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars and not 5 is because depending on how you apply it, it can make your foundation a bit patchy/cakey in areas. My preferred method is to tap it in and go over it with a damp beauty sponge before it sets.
Rissa T.
San Diego, CA
I got a few samples of this off of their website( I got to say, I love how you can test products out in sample form) and I love it! It has a creamy texture, and you are supposed to pat it on. I take a pea-sized amount and spread it on my palm, then pat my palm all over my forehead and nose. I do it over everything, so my moisturizer with SPF is underneath it. It really isn't like a flat matte, but makes my oily skin "glow" after I put this on, then "dewy" by the end of the day. Each sample lasted me four days, so I would imagine that the full size would last a while.
Bebe B.
Just like my wardrobe, my makeup needs change when the weather warms up.
Paula's Choice Shine Stopper is a Must. I need the help to reduce shine and oily areas on my face. It definitely reduces shine, keeps my make up looking fresh,& it's so lightweight.
Ana S.
Palo Alto, CA
When I ordered the first product of Paula's Choice, I selected three samples of shine stopper, I was impressed with this product, you can use it under or on top of your make up. It is perfect for oily skin. I am definately going to order a full size.
Jennifer V.
Peyton, CO
Holy grail product! Want a shine free face? You have to have this in your bag of arsenals! It can be applied under or over, so it's the easiest pick me up after a long day when you know you're going out for the night. Pat it in, don't rub, and watch as dreams can come true :)
Julia S.
West Sayville, NY
I have EXTREMELY Oily skin and this stuff does work for all 6 hours it says it will! That may not seem like much but when you're as oily as I am that's a God send! Those with less oily or combination skin would most likely be oil free even longer. The texture is smooth and the product spreads well. works great as a primer!
Kristen H.
Hoover, AL
How long does a tube last? A few weeks? A couple months?