PAULA'S CHOICE DEFENSE Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser

by Paula's Choice

This gentle gel-to-cream cleanser removes dirt, oil and makeup, and rinses away skin-damaging pollutants that can cause premature signs of aging.
Superfood complex leaves skin looking fresh and radiant
Unique texture transforms from soothing gel to skin-softening cream
Use as the first step in your skincare routine
*This item is not eligible for any discounts

SKIN TYPES:
All Skin Types

Why is it different?
This water-soluble cleanser transforms from a soothing gel to comforting cream when applied to wet skin yet rinses without a greasy residue.

What does it do?
Thoroughly removes excess oil, makeup, and skin-damaging debris, leaving skin softer and smoother. A triple-superfood complex helps neutralize damage from surface pollutants on contact.

How to use
Wet face and apply a small amount of cleanser with gentle circular motions. Rinse well. To remove heavy makeup, repeat or use with a clean, wet washcloth.

INGREDIENTS
Water, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate (cleansing agent), Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (cleansing agent), Sodium Lauroamphoacetate (cleansing agent), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (cleansing/lather agent), Glycerin (skin-replenishing), Sorbeth-230 Tetraoleate (texture enhancer/emulsifier), Decyl Glucoside (cleansing agent), Pentylene Glycol (hydration), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer/texture enhancer), Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate (cleansing agent), Lauric Acid (cleansing agent), Lactic Acid (hydration), Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids (skin-soothing), Sorbitan Laurate (cleansing agent/emulsifier), Coconut Acid (cleansing agent), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate (cleansing agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (hydration), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-replenishing), Cocoyl Proline (hydration), Sodium Citrate (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (skin-soothing), Sodium PCA (skin-replenishing), Sodium Lactate (hydration), Arginine (amino acid/hydration), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant/hydration), Linoleic Acid (skin-restoring), Phospholipids (skin-restoring), Aspartic Acid, PCA, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine (amino acids/hydration), Potassium Citrate (chelating agent), Lactoperoxidase (hydration), Histidine, Phenylalanine (amino acids/hydration), Glucose Oxidase (hydration), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate (preservatives).

Not necessarily “summer skincare” but has anyone tried PAULA'S CHOICE DEFENSE Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser? Thoughts
Did this give anyone else super bad cystic acne?? 😩
I’d really like to know how this is !! Can someone share their experience?
Start your review of PAULA'S CHOICE DEFENSE Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser!
Pittsburgh
this is a good cleanser, especially when used as the second cleanse in a double cleansing routine, and i would give it a five star rating if not for two issues i have with this product — 1) the name and description are misleading. this is not a cream cleanser in any sense of the term. this is a gel to foam cleanser and really should be marketed as such. when water is introduced, the gel consistency of this cleanser turns into a nice, creamy foam. it is creamy, but it definitely lathers into a foam. the best way to use this product is to dispense a small amount of the gel into the palm of your hand, add a small amount of water and work into a nice foam, then apply to the face and gently massage for a minute before rinsing. 2) the ph level of this cleanser is just a bit too high at 7 ph. because of this, i can’t use it every night like i want to or it tends to dry my face out and leave it a bit dull :’(( the facial skin’s ideal ph level is slightly acidic at about 5.5 ph, and cleansers are most effective and gentle when formulated near the same ph level. paula’s choice knows this, and most of their cleansers fall in this range, so i’m not sure why they decided to leave this product’s ph at this suboptimal level. honestly, i would go ahead and repurchase this cleanser if the ph level were adjusted because its ingredients are nice and i love its consistency and the way it feels to use it.
Lansing, MI
I actually use Paula’s choice oil reducing cleanser, followed by #2 redness reducing exfoliating gel, exfoliate 2% BHA liquid exfoliant and finish up with super lightweight wrinkle defense lotion. There are so many options that they sell and you can always find a 40-50% off promo code.
Old Bridge, NJ
This stuff is amazing! Paula’s choice is vegan, cruelty free, and supports woman’s running their own business. Paula gives you all the ingredients and what this does for your skin. It also has defensive ingredients against the environment. The gel is a really nice change up from a cream. I really see a difference and feel the cleanliness on my face after use.
Peyton, CO
This is a lux cleanser that works well; however, I prefer the resist line including that face wash. I don’t find this to be hydrating, but it also doesn’t dry my skin out either. Overall, PC is an amazing skin care line at any age.
West Columbia , TX
I really like this cleanser. It’s a good cleanser for normal to combo skin. I prefer a more moisturizing formula but this isn’t stopping. Just better suited for combo skin.
Charleston, SC
Cleanses well without drying out my skin. Fairly inexpensive for a great product. Paula’s Choice always has promotions going on so take advantage of them!
I mix this cleanser with an exfoliating one and it has been amazing. Really cleans well. I would highly recommend this line.
Purchased at: eBay
This is a very good cleanser. It doesn't leave my face feeling dry after using it. I have dry skin and I really like it.
Baytown, TX
This is a really great cleanser I use it every day. It takes off my make up and leaving my skin clean and clear.
Columbus, OH
Great cleaner! Love the smell and the gel to cream feeling. Very gentle and I feel so clean after!